Author Topic: timing?  (Read 2138 times)

Offline tero

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
timing?
« on: November 01, 2006, 12:41:02 AM »
been thinking about this and I didn't see it mentioned - when the Others sailed away after Colleen was shot, it was dark. When Henry announces "the sub is back" and we see the stretcher being carried, it is daylight. Seems like the Hydra Station is a pretty far (few hours?) boat ride from the Pala Ferry dock.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: timing?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 01:19:34 AM »
Yeah, and then you go to the ending scene of Sawyer looking back at the island that the plane crashed on, and it looks like it should take no longer than an hour or so...

Probably just a filming flaw, is what I'd imagine.

Michelle13

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:34:11 AM »
It's a detail I noticed too. Makes NO sense. And if it's an error these people need to stop messing up. I'd be fired if I made this many mistakes.  ::)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:36:06 AM »
I didn't notice it, but now that you mention it.....  That's a great observation!  I refuse to believe that everything that doesn't make sense is a mistake.  But this one might be.  Maybe chalk it up to a very tight shooting schedule? 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »
I noticed it. I figured that the OTHERS came late at night and arrive early morning. (Looked like Saturday morning cartoons to me, unless of course they were taped). That would only make the time frame about three hours. Not an unrealistic length of time (imho) for a sub to travel from the ferry dock to the island, depending on the Alcatraz dock's location.