Poll

Since the tumor thread was so big ... Whose tumor is it?

Benry
Tom/Zeke
Locke
Jack
Sawyer
Christian
Kate
Eko
Charlie
Desmond
Hurley
Juliette
Michael
Bernard
Alvar Hanso
Kelvin
Pickett
Sayid
Jin
Cindy
Danielle Rousseau
Alex Rousseau
Aaron
Charles Widmore
Other Person (POST)

Author Topic: Tumor POLL  (Read 7180 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Tumor POLL
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:41:15 AM »
I think the tumor is Christians! Just think of the buzz that will receive if it is his and he is still alive! But lets see where everyone stands before Wednesday.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Tumor POLL
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 12:43:24 AM »
hmmm  operate on a dead guy  not a first  but  still creepy

i will go with benry

i am most likely wrong  but that is my choice

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »
hmmm  operate on a dead guy  not a first  but  still creepy

i will go with benry

i am most likely wrong  but that is my choice
He's not dead, don't worry. I hate to spoil your hopes, but he's alive.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 12:47:55 AM »
I'm going to be naive & say that I think the preview was leading us to believe the truth...I think the tumor is Benry's.

(Christian's alive.  :))

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 12:49:53 AM »
I think the tumor is Christians! Just think of the buzz that will receive if it is his and he is still alive!
AND if he's only 40 years old!! lol.. :)

I voted for Benry...here's my theory:

-Benry said he has been on the island all of his life
-Jack said the xrays were of a man of "about 40 years old"
-When Jack found the two corpses in the cave in season one, he said the bodies had been there for about 40-50 years ("It takes 40 to 50 years for clothing to decompose like this...")

Which means:

The two corpses were Benry's parents--remember, Jack said one was female--and he and his relatives have lived on the island long before the Dharma people showed up. Just a thought...lol

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 01:08:56 AM »
that is an interesting idea  about adam and eve being Bens parents 

not to sure  about it  yet  but  it does stir the thoughts  a bit 

thanks

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 01:12:04 AM »
-When Jack found the two corpses in the cave in season one, he said the bodies had been there for about 40-50 years ("It takes 40 to 50 years for clothing to decompose like this...")

Which means:

The two corpses were Benry's parents--remember, Jack said one was female--and he and his relatives have lived on the island long before the Dharma people showed up. Just a thought...lol

very interesting theory...I'd almost forgotten about them.  I miss Cavetown.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 01:21:30 AM »
that is an interesting idea  about adam and eve being Bens parents 

not to sure  about it  yet  but  it does stir the thoughts  a bit 

thanks

Well, it was half-joking, half-serious lol.. :)...But if I applied logic to it, I could come up with a scenario like this:

Benry's parents were crash survivors themselves...maybe by boat. Benry was born (maybe even conceived) on the island. If there were a few others from the crash they could have placed his parents' bodies in the cave, along with the stones as some sort of ceremonial thing at death. Them being crash survivors would also explain why their bodies were placed alone in the cave...if they were part of a long-existing race on the island (like I first mentioned lol), they would have been buried along with all the others who had died over the years/decades/centures.

Benry then grew up with the Dharma folks once they arrived. Maybe the "hostiles" were already there before Dharma as well, and took him as a baby while killing what few survivors were left, and then the Dharma people rescued him at a young age after they arrived...that's why he's so beholden to that group of people, why he keeps saying "We're the good guys" (which is the way you'd talk to a child if you're trying to convince them you mean them no harm...he's just repeating what the Dharma people told him as a child)...Benry grew into a natural born leader and gave his entire being and faith into the Dharma Initiative, seeing as how they gave him a healthy and safe surrounding after being part of the "hostiles" as a child after his parents died...he bought into their goals and purpose 1,000% and is fully committed to them.

I just made all that up just now...lol :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 01:26:55 AM by WhatThe »

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 01:32:08 AM »
yeah...way too logical to be true.

jk :)

It will be interesting to see how this theory holds up.  I'm pretty much with you so far.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 01:39:21 AM »
yeah...way too logical to be true.

jk :)

It will be interesting to see how this theory holds up.  I'm pretty much with you so far.

LoL...Hmm, I think I should make this into its own thread so I don't keep hijacking this one with one scenario after another...this is about who we think has the tumor, not what I think Benry's backstory is..lol :)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:43:56 AM »
It works  some what

i am not sure if i can get behind the dharma group killing off the hostiles and raising benry and therefore he is now beholding to them and merely repeating that they are the good guys  like he had been told

but the basic idea of adam and eve being his parents  i like
i have no foundation to believe benry  when he said he had lived his whole life on the island but i  do

how about it was the hostiles raised benry  then  learned about and from the Dharma group then wiped them out  or the ones they thought were the BAD ones

that might explain  why they have some actual knowledge and yet have not continued most of the science that Dharma set out to do

the group we have seen is part dharma and part native ( juliet " it does not matter who we were but who we are " )

i dont know  i will have to think on this more  
but i do think you might be on to something

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 01:58:44 AM »
It works  some what

i am not sure if i can get behind the dharma group killing off the hostiles and raising benry and therefore he is now beholding to them and merely repeating that they are the good guys  like he had been told

In my theory they don't kill off the hostiles, they merely rescue Benry from them. In season two there was a scene where Ecko and Michael hide and see some rather savage looking people walk by with some kids in tow...those could have been what's left of the "hostiles", that they're still on the island...

As for Benry's "We're the good guys", breaking things down into "good guys" or "bad guys" is extremely normal and common when talking to young kids...when Benry says it, it's the only thing he ever says that sounds infantile, childish...like he's repeating a mantra almost. In my scenario, if his parents did die when he was a child, then he didn't have much in terms of communication skills...and the phrase of "We're the good guys" told to him by those he came to feel trust and security with would indeed be embedded in his mind and consciousness.

but the basic idea of adam and eve being his parents  i like
i have no foundation to believe benry  when he said he had lived his whole life on the island but i  do

I'm like you on that...when Benry is within his own element the need for lies diminishes tenfold, I would imagine...and if he DOES have a tumor and wants Jack to operate on him, then approaching him with truthfulness and sincerity would be one way of getting Jack on his side.

how about it was the hostiles raised benry  then  learned about and from the Dharma group then wiped them out  or the ones they thought were the BAD ones

Only thing with that would be that the hostile would have had a desire to do experiments with polar bears in cages??..lol :)...That seems more like a Dharma thing to do, and "Zeke" pretty much let it be known that the Others had indeed been doing experiments with them when he made that crack to Sawyer about the bears only taking two hours to figure it out.

the group we have seen is part dharma and part native ( juliet " it does not matter who we were but who we are " )

That's an excellent point...it could be a mixture of the two groups. And don't forget Sawyer said that Juliet was the only one that he felt actually would do violence...he said the others ones probably had never really seen any action.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 02:26:08 AM »
Someone voted for other, who else could they possibly be thinking of?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 02:27:33 AM »
Well, you don't have Walt on there...lol

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 02:31:56 AM »
I go with NO ONE IN THE ISLANDS. For me it's a foreign X-Ray, that is being used to fake a situation on the people in the Hydra Station. They can make up a story with anyone in there, and I believe it will be Sawyer. This agree with:
1- They showing Jack they have outside connections, ergo they can pledge the X-ray is from Sawyer before the crash
2- The pacemaker con, where they could mess with James spine, and not be noticed, fooling Jack later.
3- Tom said they have communications with the outside, and DI still active in secret, dropping supplies and even sending people like Kelvin.
4- IF it's a real tumor on Ben, then they must have a doctor capable of diagnose it, and ask for the X-ray, and understand it.

So why wait for 2 months, and not ask the DI for a friendly doctor and equipment for surgery? Instead try to manipulate a hostile survivor to trust him the life of one of the local leaders?
The longer I think, the more it seems unlikely.