Author Topic: a place for your beliefs  (Read 8688 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: a place for your beliefs
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2006, 09:04:06 PM »
He yells in season 2 especially at the end. "He's my boy and I will say how we save him"

Offline jdearmond

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 12:16:07 AM »
I believe the Others (the ones we know about anyway) had nothing to do with the plane crash...

...their motives need to be revealed somewhat (Seriously, give us something).

...Jack's caretaker (i forget her name) will fall for Jack, or pretend to.

...Kate's got too many Daddy issues to go for the good guy. It's her and Sawyer all the way.

...It's not all a dream. At least it better not be. I'll Zaba search the writers and hunt them down.

...Some of these theories are as bad as the ones of Ep. III before it came out.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 12:29:47 AM »
I believe the Others (the ones we know about anyway) had nothing to do with the plane crash...

...their motives need to be revealed somewhat (Seriously, give us something).

...Jack's caretaker (i forget her name) will fall for Jack, or pretend to.

...Kate's got too many Daddy issues to go for the good guy. It's her and Sawyer all the way.

...It's not all a dream. At least it better not be. I'll Zaba search the writers and hunt them down.

...Some of these theories are as bad as the ones of Ep. III before it came out.

Why, what were the theories that were being tossed around before Ep. 3 came out?...(I'm assuming you mean episode three of this season, or do you mean the literal episode 3 back in season one?)

Offline Warren

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 03:11:33 AM »
I belive he means Episode III, Revenge of the Sith.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 04:37:00 AM »
ROFL. The strongest theory till now.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 11:34:49 AM »
I just want to take this opportunity to repost a theory I had during season 2, when I first joined this forum.  This was shortly after the Lockdown episode.

June 01, 2006, 03:49:47 PM

The island has natural electromagnetic properties which serve to heal and to accentuate the innate psychic abilities of gifted people.  Throughout history, the island was a significant place of healing and/or mind-expansion for various cultures.  The Hanso Foundation (or whoever) was using this place to conduct experiments in various fields.

Gifted losties (the "good ones") are sought for their mental abilities as soon as they crash-land because they are detected by Other gifted psychics.  They can project thoughts to other people through dreams.  They experiment with controlling the people in various ways and the results are observed in various ways.

Whatever The Company did to mechanize the EM forces of the island is meddling with great power.  I feel like the reason someone must push the button is that it tells The System that someone in the know is still alive and at their post.  If the last man fails his task*, the system self-destructs to prevent The Company's alterations from being misused AND/OR a new crop is literally attracted to the island.

I feel that when the timer runs out, a system is starting to power up.  It's not that it slowly builds during the whole 108 minutes.  From the moment I first saw the button protocol at the start of the season, I was certain that this busy-work (as we used to call it in school) was there simply to ensure that someone is still on duty.

* or if the key is turned?!?

Further theories:

- Locke's dad is Hanso (I still believe this)
- We're not done (even after T.L.Experience) with tying the show into the real world.
- The producers read and post here and in additional forums under assumed identities
- You, me and the rest of the viewers are Him.

I'm only entertaining speculations about the BIG picture.  It's fun to guess about the little details, but I want to go on record about the major plot devices.

Trust no one here.  Mind what you say.

Enjoy the show!

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 05:18:19 PM »

Heh heh...lol...I was watching season one all over again recently, and I could not believe how irritating Michael was to me...good lord. He freakin' yells and everyone. I think he even yelled at me once.

I really went off Michael last season and was glad when he sailed away just so I didn't have to listen to his whinging anymore

...I believe Walt will come back alone
...I believe Christian is very dead
...I believe Kelvin is very dead
...I believe Sawyer will free the Losties from the Others cos he'll outsmart them
...I believe there will be a link between Desomnd Hurley and Johna nd the 3 of them are the most important people on the island

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 06:27:48 PM »
call me naive, but i still believe that all of the losties were on that plane and the plane crashed on that island for a reason.  that the crash was not an accident caused by desmond, but was supposed to happen.  i also believe the 2nd island was a mirage, or a con to con the con-man.