Author Topic: Slow start, less than 36 hours on the 4th episode  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Slow start, less than 36 hours on the 4th episode
« on: October 28, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »
Next Wednesday the time passed in the 3rd season will reach 2 days.
After that there's only one episode before the pause.
Perhaps we will not even reach the third day of third season this year.
Might the impression of slow changes and lack of revelations be just due the fact they hadn't the time to do something significant?
And we might end this year with the empty hands and full minds?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Slow start, less than 36 hours on the 4th episode
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »
I don't wanty it to move on just yet - I think we will see Demonds point of view and find out how him and Locke get out of the hatch - that might be the cliffhanger for the break?

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 06:09:36 AM »
I don't know. This cliffhanger for me is the truth about the hatch BEFORE Des arrival.
Even then, looking the timeline sledgeweb wrote, it's the slowest progression on the time they ever had on episodes. The first three show only ONE DAY, by three different perspectives. I'm going crazy with nothing happening week after week, because the days don't pass.
Something that just hit me: Penny Widmore is looking for this anomaly in the island. We saw last season they detecting the failsafe discharge. Widmore is a MAJOR corporation, might be that this first part of the season covering only a few days because they don't want to show Widmore's exploration team arriving yet? They shouldn't take more than 4 or days to get in there, now they know where it is.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:50:03 AM by Optimus J »

BlackrockBob

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 08:52:48 AM »
I don't think Penny will be able to find the island. I'm thinking that after the failsafe, the island is even more isolated.

I think the cliffhanger will be more about someone being shot. I'm holding out hope that we'll see something BIG, but I doubt it. I've come to expect regulars being killed after they offed both Boone and Shannon in season 1.

Any of these are HUGE:
*Bringing someone back that should have been dead (Christian, Kelvin, Radzinski)
*Showing us another group of Others that are "The BAD Guys",
*Having Jack decide to stay with Juliette and helping Juliette leading a split from Ben
*Locke ending up in a wheelchair again.
*Rousseau not being crazy, but that was just an act.
*Penny crashing on the Island and finding Desmond dying from a gunshot wound.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
Next Wednesday the time passed in the 3rd season will reach 2 days.
After that there's only one episode before the pause.
Perhaps we will not even reach the third day of third season this year.
Might the impression of slow changes and lack of revelations be just due the fact they hadn't the time to do something significant?
And we might end this year with the empty hands and full minds?

They had to show the different locations and what happened to them. It was a similar start to season 2. I think a ton has been revealed to us and the story is moving forward. I am looking forward to the big surprises coming in the next two episodes. Not looking forward to the 12 week break

San Diego Johnny

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 02:28:25 PM »
With all due respect, this thread just smacks of more complaining about "not enough answers."  I think the show is paced just fine. 

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »
I completely disagree with you here, Optimus J. I feel every episode has had something significant occur so far season (this forum is littered with these occurrences). I would be, and I have a feeling many other viewers, would feel a little cheated if they just glossed over this chapter in the story in LOST. As long as they deliver properly at the end of the sixth episode of our mini-season opener here, I will be more than pleased with the progress of the show.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 09:45:31 PM »
Not for me Dot. Even if every episode have something significant STARTING, the time things have to develop is so short, that I am feeling everything to be incomplete. It's like they started to make a lot of breads, and left them growing, but didn't baked ANY of these.
What good is a ton of bread if you can't eat any of those?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »
I feel they have baked some of the breads. I am enjoying a nice slice of wheat bread as I type.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 10:01:25 PM »
This is not wheat, it's mold.
Jokes apart, which of these breads of this 3rd season you think is baked? Which mystery is already solved?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 10:03:53 PM »
We know they are on a new island, we know they travel by sub, we know what they want Jack for (back surgery on someone) we know Juliette occupation, we know how they live. That is just a quick list.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 10:15:26 PM »
I have to disagree to some points. I don't know what really they need Jack for, we know how they LIVED before the crash, but no details about after. As you call recall we saw 3 "stages", but no one shows proof to be true: the Staff Station, the fisher village and the Hydra Station. The only thing that seems real is the crater village.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 10:43:19 PM »
Jack is wanted to operate on the person with the tumor.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 12:05:27 AM »
I'm not so sure. Jack is wanted TO BELIEVE he is there to operate a person with a tumor.
But I don't have anything that makes me believe, there's someone with a tumor in there, and neither they will say it's a "other".
The pacemaker con on Sawyer might even have been a diversion to prepare his back to fool Jack. While he is looking at his chest, he isn't paying attention to his spine.
Quoting the subject of the topic, they have been manipulated for 2 days only. We had a month pondering about it, Jack hadn't. He is jumping to conclusions, and I don't want to follow his line.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 12:11:24 AM by Optimus J »

Offline cassandradoll

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 03:21:09 PM »
i totally want to see radzinsky!!!!