Author Topic: Props to Pulp Fiction Fans...  (Read 1809 times)

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Props to Pulp Fiction Fans...
« on: October 27, 2006, 04:34:12 PM »
All of you out there that know and love the movie Pulp Fiction probably picked up on the reference given to it by the dude with the huge needle in this episode.  He was worried about plunging it into Sawyer's heart and the other guy said to put it in the sternum like in the movie.  I know that Pulp Fiction is from ?1992? or so, but how are these others getting popular/current entertainment if they have been on the island for so long?  These two men with the needle were over the age of 14 so maybe they lived in the "real world" before being brought to the island-if people get brought?  I don't know.  So confusing!!!

BlackrockBob

Re: Props to Pulp Fiction Fans...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
Why do you think those guys have been there that long?

Kelvin was in Iraq in 1991, and he probably didn't get to the island until a few years after that at least.

I am sure Juliette didn't get to the island until the mid/late 90s.

I laughed when they did that whole needle/sternum thing. Now why hasn't Sawyer seen that movie?

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 05:09:42 PM »
while the obvious reference is to Pulp Fiction, my bet is that they're referencing some Marvin Candle instructional movie about this type of procedure.

Now pass me a Royale with cheese.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 05:50:39 PM »
I thought what Gordo was thinking during the scene.  I recognize the Pulp Fiction reference (not until I saw it here, now), but we must, at all times, look for this simplest explanation rather than fall into the trap of overthinking the show.

Good call, though.

Offline Gatech

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »
Also they are able to watch things on TV still, so the movie could be seen on tv.

Offline Socrates

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 07:02:17 PM »
Why would Sawyer need an injection straight the heart anyway?  I don't think this is necessary in pace maker installation surgeries.  In Pulp Fiction Umma needed the shot to the heart to pull her out of the heroin overdose.  I think the others were doing this to Sawyer just to scare him.