Author Topic: Two Islands, Or One Island?  (Read 8121 times)

Offline bayrodney

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Two Islands, Or One Island?
« on: October 27, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »
We've seen two large shots of the Island so far this season. One of the images shows, well, what to appears to be One Island, from 3X01. The second Image was from 3X04, where it's obvious that there is two Islands. In the image from 3X01 the plane's crashed on the same Island the Other's had their camp. Whereas in the latest episode Ben tells us that the LOSTies and the OTHERS are on two seperat Islands.

Have I found something here? Or have I just missed something?

Thanks

Images Below!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:31:28 AM by bayrodney »

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Two Islands, Or One Island?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:46:46 PM »
Two Islands. That doesn't really show that the hut village is on the same island the plane crashed on. The mountains are obscuring the view somewhat.

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 03:47:27 PM »
It's pretty well established that the Others village is on the same island as the Losties crashed on, and the new island has a DHARMA station on it that the Others travel to by submarine. Why the new island hasn't been spotted from the main island is still (very) debateable.

Offline abaymomma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
I'm right there with ya'.  When I watched the last episode and Ben showed Sawyer the second island and said it's his island, I thought yeah right!  I seem to remember in episode 3X01 that the others were on the same island as the losties when they showed the plane blowing up.  I have it recorded, so I'm going to check again and find out for sure.  Good post!

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 07:56:09 PM »
Are they sort of talking about this in that other thread"

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=2923.60

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 10:07:56 PM »
The village is on the same island as the losties. Goodwin and ethan ran to the crash sites. Sawyer is on a different island. Danielles map shows small island and we could see an island from the pala dock in season finale last year, especially as Michael drove away.

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 12:47:44 AM »
Is it really so impossible to think that the Losties could see the other island ... and that it just hasn't been relevant to them? I mean, even if they've seen it, what could they do about it? It's probably a lot like the one they're on now -- not far enough away to have civilized help on it. And they never did end up with a boat capable of getting them that far -- until the end of last season, meaning it's only been a matter of days since they've had the sailboat.

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 12:54:40 AM »
When i first saw the view of the main island from Sawyer's vantage point, my first thought was "Oh my gosh, that's the real world! only a few kilometers away!" but then my brain started functioning again and i realized i was mistaken.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 02:15:30 AM »
When i first saw the view of the main island from Sawyer's vantage point, my first thought was "Oh my gosh, that's the real world! only a few kilometers away!" but then my brain started functioning again and i realized i was mistaken.

No, that would be a cool ending to the show!

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »

No, that would be a cool ending to the show!
[/quote

When they 1st showed the previews for this epi, I actually thought we might see the skyline of a recognizable city - Sydney, Singapore, etc.  Not as close as this island was, but through a telescope or binoculars.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 12:43:13 PM »
AND we can not forget that Ben and Collen said they were worried about Sayid be able to spot them on the boat. Why they might worried to spot them, on the main island?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 06:30:55 PM »

could be a different island the plane crashes on - can't see from here cos of the mountains but which crash site is the losties and which is the tailies?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 01:56:45 AM »
AND we can not forget that Ben and Collen said they were worried about Sayid be able to spot them on the boat. Why they might worried to spot them, on the main island?

Good point. If they are on the same island anyone could stumble across them. But since they are on a seperate island they would need a boat to see them

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:08:52 AM »

could be a different island the plane crashes on - can't see from here cos of the mountains but which crash site is the losties and which is the tailies?

That's what I was thinking originally. There is a higher res pic on another thread that shows that the area where the bungalo village is and the crash sites are on the same island.

From the way we saw the plane break up in midair, it looked like the tail section landed on the beach to the right in the foreground and the fuselage continued on and crashed farther off to the left on the other side of the island.

At least that's what I think.  ;D

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »
there are 2 islands 
otherville is on the main island with the crash site

the hydra station is on a second island

they were worried about being found by sayid when he was on the boat because they were on the second island and more exposed to discovery then they are in there Valley on the main island