Author Topic: Two Islands, Or One Island?  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Two Islands, Or One Island?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2006, 09:32:15 AM »
Might even have a THIRD island. Come to think, the Pala Ferry is supposed to deliver the people of the Pearl. But Hydra isn't the barracks. And just when Mark/Marvin is telling about it the tape looks cut (more Radzinsky edition?).
BEWARE, I am not talking the Otherville is in this third island, I still believe this is on the MAIN island, where Goodwin and Ethan are able to run.
Weird fact, Tom forbidden the survivors to go to the other side. Unless they mixed up and sent Goodwin and Ethan run to the opposite sides they were supposed to run in the scene, that would make Otherville on the forbidden side of the island.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:17 AM »
Danielles map shows several small islands. (5 or 6)

BlackrockBob

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »
I thought the blastdoor map showed an underwater hatch away from the main island. That is the Hydra. Like Jug said, 5-6 more islands out there. The main island is where they crashed and the Village is.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »
Danielles map shows several small islands. (5 or 6)
Sure, it's out of the discution. The new fact is that are buildings in those islands. Rousseau doesn't point any structures in her maps.

Offline ukslim

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 11:20:44 AM »
Is it really so impossible to think that the Losties could see the other island ... and that it just hasn't been relevant to them? I mean, even if they've seen it, what could they do about it? It's probably a lot like the one they're on now -- not far enough away to have civilized help on it. And they never did end up with a boat capable of getting them that far -- until the end of last season, meaning it's only been a matter of days since they've had the sailboat.

One thing that seemed odd for a long time in Lost was the way the Losties assumed their island was deserted without doing any serious exploration. My gf and I used to joke that there was a Walmart in the next cove -- and it turned out that we were almost right (Otherville). If I were dumped on a beach, the first thing I'd do is go on a *serious* hike along the coast and up rivers in search of civilisation.

When Sayeed finally went exploring, he found something. But in general the Losties have shown a surprising lack of explorative zest. Ignoring an island that was in sight is consistent with that, I guess. Mind you, if you have to go a couple of bays around the coast to see it, most of them won't have seen it.

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
So - Hydra station is on a separate island.

And - the Polar bears were held at Hydra station.

How'd they get to the other island?

Either they are 1 island - saparated by a temporary tide
Was one island - no longer separated
The bears swam

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2006, 11:14:05 PM »
They transfered them by boat to the other island.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 01:28:02 AM »

The bears swam
Or as I have been posting, THE INCIDENT wasn't a problem on the swan magnetic field. It was the escape of polar bears and sharks from the limits of the hydra. If my theory is right, those bears are far more smart than anything the survivors could think.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 04:31:06 PM »

The bears swam

Yes, there are two islands, but I was also wondering about how the animals got to the big island.  Remember, it's not just the polar bears.  There was a frog with a Dharma symbol.  They have boars, etc.  Somehow the animals got to the other island.  Polar bears swim, though, don't they?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 08:31:35 PM »

The bears swam

Yes, there are two islands, but I was also wondering about how the animals got to the big island.  Remember, it's not just the polar bears.  There was a frog with a Dharma symbol.  They have boars, etc.  Somehow the animals got to the other island.  Polar bears swim, though, don't they?

I don't remember seeing a logo on a frog. ???  Which episode?  Hurley's little tree frog friend that Sawyer squished? :'(