Author Topic: why didnt the Defibrillator work?  (Read 10055 times)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: why didnt the Defibrillator work?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 01:52:00 AM »
i jsu trewatched that scene Juggy 

she just says that they have not had wnything like this happen before

very stuttered and broken with haven't and never
but no mention about trying to get a replacement

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 02:11:47 AM »
Thanks, I watched it also and I was wrong. No mention of replacing it.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 02:28:53 AM »
i had the show stopped at that point when i read the post

i have been rewatching bits and pieces of it while i post  ;D

i am a true geek aren't I 

what happend to me ;D

Michelle13

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2006, 06:11:45 AM »
The Other's live in a peaceful environment, so maybe that is why they have no need for working defibrillators?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2006, 03:32:44 PM »
I thought it was probably damaged by the 'sky going white', only happened a few days ago and they've had their hands full with Losties and boats since then. Also, we haven't seen their houses since so the TV's and stuff might not be working either - or the x ray machine, they could have been older than a few days. Also, when Ben is watching the TV's there is now sound so maybe they were damaged too and it could explain the patchy workings of the intercomm? Maybe some of these things were damaged when the original crash happenned and some have been fixed?

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »
Nope, Ben turns on and off the sound of cameras, using the button on the panels. Remember that he ends listening to Sawyer and Kate chat?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2006, 03:47:27 PM »
Nope, Ben turns on and off the sound of cameras, using the button on the panels. Remember that he ends listening to Sawyer and Kate chat?

that's true

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2006, 04:35:07 PM »
i think the main importance of the defib was that: 1) the others had one but they had "never had anything like this happen before", 2) even if they had one it was probably outdated like the computer/monitors in the hatch or it hasn't been used in a lond time, 3) we learned that juliet had no idea what she was doing, and 4) provided stipulations 1, 2 & 3, COLLEEN DIED to move the story and create new conflict... THE END.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »
i think the main importance of the defib was that: 1) the others had one but they had "never had anything like this happen before", 2) even if they had one it was probably outdated like the computer/monitors in the hatch or it hasn't been used in a lond time, 3) we learned that juliet had no idea what she was doing, and 4) provided stipulations 1, 2 & 3, COLLEEN DIED to move the story and create new conflict... THE END.
That's a mystery series. Might be written with this "THE END" purpose, BUUUTTTTT... We never know when a writer have a new idea concerning the fact, and go developing more twists, with a new plot.
These discutions could be as prophetic as Desmond's comments.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 06:11:53 AM »
I really got the sense that it had been broken for some time, & no one felt like there was an urgent need to repair it.  How many of us have smoke detectors in our houses with dead batteries?  Or no health insurance.  Many people just don't think they need it till they NEED it, & then it's too late.
Great point, Princess!  And a good reminder to all of us to be prepared!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »
I really got the sense that it had been broken for some time, & no one felt like there was an urgent need to repair it.  How many of us have smoke detectors in our houses with dead batteries?  Or no health insurance.  Many people just don't think they need it till they NEED it, & then it's too late.
Great point, Princess!  And a good reminder to all of us to be prepared!

Now that I read what I wrote again, it kinda sounds like a PSA, huh. lol  Sorry  ::)

My point was just that they thought they were secure in Utopiaville, when they clearly weren't- they let their guard down.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 11:02:23 PM »
It did not work, because it was broken!

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 11:49:32 PM »
Hey people, everyone is forgeting that the paddles OF HYDRA STATION weren't working. This don't imply that haven't a working cart anywhere on the island, only on that station, where happens to be the only place with doctors. Too bad.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 11:55:24 PM »
Hey people, everyone is forgeting that the paddles OF HYDRA STATION weren't working. This don't imply that haven't a working cart anywhere on the island, only on that station, where happens to be the only place with doctors. Too bad.
Optimus J...You could make a case for one @ the Staff.

Jugdish...interesting theory.  :)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 12:17:48 AM »
you would think tha tthey would have had a fully working operating room when they were going to take Aaron
maybe not since i dont think that they cared  if claire lived or not but  i would think they would still want all the equipment to work

could show us that the Hydra station is just not used very much at all