Author Topic: Why are the Others so upset over Cole's death?  (Read 9094 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Why are the Others so upset over Cole's death?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 10:44:23 PM »
Goodwin told Ana that he killed Nathan because they would soon start believing Nathan because he was telling the truth. If the cut off one of Nathans fingers(ana threatened to) and he still stuck to his story then they would believe him. They would then start looking for another person as the spy.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »
Earlier on, either today or yesterday, Jug said something to the extent that maybe Ben and Colleen were siblings. If she was his sister, that would certainly account for the over the top funeral.
And I've never figured this out - why did Goodwin kill Nathan? Was there any motive at all? Nathan was being held captive in a hole for gosh sakes. He was certainly no threat to Goodwin... unless Nathan is/was an other. Maybe with a different agenda than Ben's?
Good theory on the funeral.  I'm really starting to like this idea.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 12:36:26 AM »
And I've never figured this out - why did Goodwin kill Nathan? Was there any motive at all? Nathan was being held captive in a hole for gosh sakes. He was certainly no threat to Goodwin... unless Nathan is/was an other. Maybe with a different agenda than Ben's?
Good theory on the funeral.  I'm really starting to like this idea.

I've been wondering about the mysterious Nathan.  He never gave a straight answer to Ana.  He disappeared for two hours to relieve himself when they all had an arrangement that they would use the buddy system for that.  He said he was in Australia to attend a company seminar or get-away or something but was traveling alone, not with any of his collegues.  He was surly and evasive to anyone who showed curiousity about him.  Could he be a Widmore spy?  (Henry Gale might have been working for Widmore, as his baloon had the Widmore logo on it.)  Could he be connected to an Other, like Juliet, trying to track her down?  Or is he just a mis-fit?  Maybe we haven't seen the last of him, either.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 09:44:22 AM »
I think he portrayed his character that way so we did not know if he was telling the truth at the time. The had to have him be a character that was suspiscious to show why Ana did not trust him.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 09:49:41 PM »
They ARE killers. Perhaps the worst they ever met, and considering only this season we saw they have met some real bad guys in the past.
They don't seen too upset when they chat about letting Dan kill Sawyer. I believe that was just a scene they play in front of Jack.

They havn't killed one lostie yet. So don't call them killers.

They do torture them into thinking they will kill them, but they havn't killed one person yet and Im sure thats their plan for the rest of LOST. They may have sent others, like Michael to do the killing, but the Others personally have not killed.

you are incorrect Chris

goodwin killed nathen
Charlie was dead ( no heart beat or respiration  ) Ethan killed him

we can be fairly certain that Ben would have killed Ana if Locke had not interceded

Scott was killed  by how is not yet known

Henry Gale?

But I think Colleen was a big deal, was because there were other to bring her back...they didnt know what happened to Goodwin or Ethan for a long time....and since Colleen was married to Pickett I think, like anyone, they would want to perform their cerimony for her...

I dunno how you classify the others...they are bad in a certain perspective or irrational of a "normal" society, but they are motivated to their own cause and justify things to their way of life on their island. So how do you judge them? According to your values and morals or theirs?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 02:10:48 AM »
I think the newcomers will give some perspective.