Author Topic: the intercom  (Read 7543 times)

Michelle13

Re: the intercom
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2006, 01:06:56 AM »
Intercom works and Christian is alive.  ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2006, 01:44:07 AM »
For me the flashbacks are just "showing how they come to act like this".

I am going with this explanation, I do believe it is from that person's point of view but not just a memory.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
exactly Juggy 

what ever situation they are in on the island cause them to think abou ta pst event in their life and we see it

it shows us why they do the things they do and gives the writers a chance to give us the connections we have come to love and hate Lol

and 1 other thing 
memories are always from our point of view ( how WE remember the time ) not from how someone else remembers it 

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 12:59:42 PM »
If Jack identified his father in the morgue... they don't usually dress the dead and if his father had had an autopsy it would be very obvious... they cut from the sternum down and they saw the back of the head off... people can't live through an autopsy, their organs are taken out and weighed and examined, that's how they determine cause of death. 

Good morning Mindsparkle.  Life is great.  Christian asked Ana Lucia to guard his body and I think he meant it literally.  I think her role was to make sure nothing like that happened to him.  There was no Y incision on Christian's chest.  Some of us think his body never boarded the plane and the casket was always empty.  Back on topic, I'm not sure that was really Christian's voice on the intercom.  Jack had been given drugs.  Maybe he was hallucinating?

BlackrockBob

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 01:28:35 PM »
I find it odd that Juliette was reading Christian's autopsy.
We know about that one girl that fell in the water, and wasn't dead. Although the corner thought she was dead. That could have been foreshadowing, or might just be a red herring.
We know Christian's body wasn't in the casket. Jack wouldn't have left the body at the airport and wouldn't have loaded an empty one.

Did somone steal the body? Was someone able to wake Christian from a death like coma that was induced by some Hanso/Widemore/Dharma drugs?

Or was Jack just hearing things?

If Christian was alive and in the same station, wouldn't they have had him help Juliette operate on Coleen first? If I was trying to save someone's life, and someone I've known for a while, I'd do anything necessary. That is why Juliette got Jack. I'm sure she would have pulled Christian out too, as long as he wasn't drunk.

I want Christian to be alive, but it isn't looking good.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 01:48:37 PM »
The plane crashed there randomly because of Desmond not pushing the button so I don't believe the others brought Christian out of any self induced coma cos they didn't expect the crash - I'm sorry, but I really think Christian is dead.

I'm not saying the flashbacks are exactly what the person is remembering at the time but I think they are remembering the situations they were in because they are in a similar position when they are thinking of them. I know we see things they didn't see at the time but that's just filling the story in for us. Like whenever I'm experiencing something I've experienced before I instinctively think back to how I reacted last time.

Just my thoughts :)

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »
sorry wishbone if my post seemed pointed  it was not intended to be that way

i agree completely with you on the way we see the flashbacks and also why we see them

Michelle13

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2006, 05:09:03 PM »
The flashbacks are memories from that person's point of view, yet this is television and WE get to see some extra added goodies that the "flashbacker" doesn't realize is there. Let's keep in mind...this is television.  :D

*not being hateful there*

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 10:28:25 PM »
Lets do this one more time. Christian was never dead, he was drugged to appear dead to an upset jack who would not notice. He was brought out of the drug induced coma when Jack left. Christian was never on the plane, only his empty casket was on the plane. Jack did not have the papers to put a corpse on the plane, but an empty casket is no problem, that is why it made the plane. Jack did not see the actual Christian on the island. I believe that is the island helping the losties deal with unfinished business. (this might include the smoke monster taking forms of people) This lead to the finding of the fresh water and the empty casket.

No Christian is not on the island or the hydra island. Christian is working for Dharma/hanso and will come into play at the end of this season or early next season.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2006, 10:36:32 PM »
The plane crashed there randomly because of Desmond not pushing the button so I don't believe the others brought Christian out of any self induced coma cos they didn't expect the crash - I'm sorry, but I really think Christian is dead.

I'm not saying the flashbacks are exactly what the person is remembering at the time but I think they are remembering the situations they were in because they are in a similar position when they are thinking of them. I know we see things they didn't see at the time but that's just filling the story in for us. Like whenever I'm experiencing something I've experienced before I instinctively think back to how I reacted last time.

Just my thoughts :)
Yup, I agree. The crash was an accident, BUT there's something worth note: Oceanic flight wasn't there by nothing. That probably is the dropper of the supplies they found later. I don't know if you remember, but they eat Apollo bars on the first episode. Might be a box Oceanic sends out of the dropping crater to give to the passengers.
But sadly, instead of simple drop, they were got in Des fight with Kelvin.
Other evidence is that NO SHIP NOR PLANE is said to be capable to go near the island. The equipment on the oceanic flight should make it go AROUND the area. UNLESS they have instructions like Michael on how to go IN AND OUT.
As for the flashbacks, I do think too it's more like a emotional connection to the past, than a real flashback in the head of the survivors, and these scenes are the producers showing us the facts that recalled these emotions.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 10:38:18 PM »
Are you saying that they plane was off course because it was dropping the supplies to the island??

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 10:43:16 PM »
Lets do this one more time. Christian was never dead, he was drugged to appear dead to an upset jack who would not notice. He was brought out of the drug induced coma when Jack left. Christian was never on the plane, only his empty casket was on the plane. Jack did not have the papers to put a corpse on the plane, but an empty casket is no problem, that is why it made the plane. Jack did not see the actual Christian on the island. I believe that is the island helping the losties deal with unfinished business. (this might include the smoke monster taking forms of people) This lead to the finding of the fresh water and the empty casket.

No Christian is not on the island or the hydra island. Christian is working for Dharma/hanso and will come into play at the end of this season or early next season.
I agree with this theory.

I also think that what Jack heard on the intercom was not Christian's actual voice, but just the island telling Jack (& the viewers) that he is alive.

Also, re: flashbacks/main story relationship...while Lost is a great sci/fi adventure, the show is really character driven.  Each individual show is really about 1 (or 2 ie. Jin/Sun) character, & the storytellers (writers) develop this character's story by the events that are transpiring on the island as well as some of their past that may have some connection to or bearing on what's happening on the island.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
I have to change a previous post. I agree with princesleia Christian is not currently on the island and did not speak into the intercom. But by showing it working they are telling us that Christian is alive.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 11:58:56 PM »
Are you saying that they plane was off course because it was dropping the supplies to the island??
i am SURE saying that Oceanic Flight was over the island on purpose because Dharma Instructions, and isn't supposed to crash. Now if it's because the supply drops or other thing, I can't tell. But I don't think it's impossible the oceanic planes have modifications to do these drops.