Author Topic: the intercom  (Read 8273 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
the intercom
« on: October 25, 2006, 11:53:58 PM »
i think when we here sawyers torchering through the intercom proves that what we heard in the first episode was actually jacks father talking to him,          not him going crazy

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: the intercom
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:55:21 PM »
I don't.
I think that the torture going through was a big mistake by the others.

Offline esque0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:56 PM »
Or completely intentional.  It's not like they've slipped up very much.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 12:01:38 AM »
It could be intentional. Possibly. BUT Benry wasn't monitoring Jack's cell when Benry was torturing Sawyer....

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 12:10:46 PM »
i think when we here sawyers torchering through the intercom proves that what we heard in the first episode was actually jacks father talking to him,          not him going crazy
i'm not a big fan of the christian being alive and on the island theory, but when this happened, it made me lean a little closer to the idea.  i don't know if what we heard PROVES anything, but i think it shows us that the intercom goes to some tangible place where alive people are.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:32:36 PM »

I hope so but he was under a lotof hallucinationgenic drugs and a lot of his halluicination scenes were cut.Tha they left that one in makes me hope ole Christain still alive

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 12:39:40 PM »
If Christian is still alive I'll stop watching the show...you don't have someone who's a freakin' DOCTOR go and pick up their dead father from Australia and tell the audience to believe he was only fooled into believing his father was dead...not to mention that Jack saw his father roaming around the island in a suit and with a martini glass in his hand...he even saw him on the beach while talking to one of the other survivors. If we're supposed to believe Christian is still alive, then why didn't anyone else from the plane crash see this perfectly manicured older man in a suit standing in the water by the beach...and holding a stinkin' martini glass to boot??...lol

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:56:32 PM »
The significance of hearing Sawyer over the intercom is simply that the intercom actually works! Juliet had told us that it was broken. Of course, just because the intercom works does not mean that Jack wasn't still hallucinating his father's voice.

If we're supposed to believe Christian is still alive, then why didn't anyone else from the plane crash see this perfectly manicured older man in a suit standing in the water by the beach
Whether Christian is alive or not, I believe this part was still in Jack's head.

you don't have someone who's a freakin' DOCTOR go and pick up their dead father from Australia and tell the audience to believe he was only fooled into believing his father was dead
A good point. Probably the best point. How could Jack not recognize whether the body he identified was dead or alive?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »
The significance of hearing Sawyer over the intercom is simply that the intercom actually works! Juliet had told us that it was broken. Of course, just because the intercom works does not mean that Jack wasn't still hallucinating his father's voice.

If we're supposed to believe Christian is still alive, then why didn't anyone else from the plane crash see this perfectly manicured older man in a suit standing in the water by the beach
Whether Christian is alive or not, I believe this part was still in Jack's head.

you don't have someone who's a freakin' DOCTOR go and pick up their dead father from Australia and tell the audience to believe he was only fooled into believing his father was dead
A good point. Probably the best point. How could Jack not recognize whether the body he identified was dead or alive?
I also think that Christian is dead. However, I think that since Jack never actually checked him for a pulse or something, then he doesn't really know for sure that Christian is dead. Could just be in a coma or something like that.

Looked pretty pale to me, tho.

BlackrockBob

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »
They gave Jack drugs. What were they? We don't know.
Jack also hadn't eaten or drank anything. So he was probably just imagining Christian's voice.

I also don't think the island has any healing powers, because if it did, maybe it could bring someone back from the dead. (Christian, Kelvin, Boone, etc).

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 11:46:37 PM »
It could be intentional. Possibly. BUT Benry wasn't monitoring Jack's cell when Benry was torturing Sawyer....
Good point.

But I don't necessarily think that Christian's voice was all in Jack's head.  Any more than I think that other mysterious happennings on the island are "in anyone's head."  Ex.  walt's appearances, Sawyer's boar (Duckett), Sayid's whispers, etc.  I think the island made Jack hear his dad.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 03:00:02 AM »
jack did hear sawyer but i still think it was all in his head  when he heard his dad

i am not sure ifit wasa mistake or not just yet  that he heard sawyer 

Ben or Juliet could be using it to make him think that sawyer will be needing a doctor soon

the others are masters at the mind game it would appear
so  i will  hold back commitment to this question  until ihave mor eevidance

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 05:37:13 AM »
There's a lot of explanations about how Jack heard his father.
The mentioned hallucinations on the beach in season 1, could be repeating itselves. It's not the first time Jack is tricked by his imagination.
Other is if the others could have a so detailed profile, AND put Sawyer in the intercom to scare Jack, why not fake a message of his dead father?
I am even thinking about the body of his father, that got lost in the crash (no pun). Might be a plot of the others? a cruel joke of Ethan?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »
Maybe the others don't even realise the intercom works intermittantly (Can't spell, sorry)

Can anyone remeber what Jack heard Christian saying?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:54 PM »
Maybe the others don't even realise the intercom works intermittantly (Can't spell, sorry)

Can anyone remeber what Jack heard Christian saying?
I think he (Jack) heard him say,"Let it go."  Like he had told him about his obsession over finding out who Sara's lover was.

Off the top of my head, though...I didn't go back & check.