Author Topic: Burnt out on mystery sans answers/Complaint thread  (Read 13096 times)

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: I never thought I'd say this...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 06:24:20 AM »
While I respect people's decisions and opinions, I'm of the opinion that we should trust the writers and producers of the show. They have given us two amazing seasons and while these episodes don't seem to be flowing the way we want/expect them to, I'm sure they have their reasons and we will see them unfold as time passes. That's the joy of Lost - it takes you where you don't expect it to!

Rant over!

Michelle13

Re: Burnt out on the constant mystery sans answers...
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 07:10:42 AM »
I'm bothered by all the questions and lack of the answers I'd like to have also. BUT, I have to keep in mind it's only on for another 3 yrs counting this year, so it should be ok. Sucks...I agree.

Michelle13

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 07:31:02 AM »
I'm not a patient person and i am a person that likes to have completion in my life...so this show is driving me nuts. Literally. I'm not doing so well with Lost. I watch it tape it rewatch it post here read here but I'm tired of not getting the answers I want.

Offline Perseus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:17 AM »
YOU WANT ANSWERS! I WANT THE TRUTH!

How the heck dose this show ever hope to attract new views. This show is dying a slow death

BlackrockBob

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 08:54:20 AM »
I was very critical of Lost until last night. I'm sorry, but I was taken in by Sawyer.
If he really was conning Ben into thinking that Ben conned him, well that is pure genius.

I agree that we are getting no answers and the show seems to be drifting a bit, but the people on this board have made valid points and I've changed my mind.

I think that Lost has to start showing us more, however I think most of the good stuff ends up on the cutting room floor. The show should be about 15 minutes longer each week.

I know the ratings for Lost have slipped, so it isn't just the people on this board saying that they are done watching Lost. I understand why people feel that way, and I hope that at some point in the future they come back.

Offline Dubplate

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 08:59:30 AM »
Wow. People need to learn some patience. The reason this show is so good is because it keeps you guessing and gives you new things to ponder with each episode. When you read a book do you read the first two chapters and then read the last chapter to find out what happens?

BlackrockBob

Re: Burnt out on the constant mystery sans answers...
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
I think Michelle put it best. They have to string this out for 3 more years.

I want answers too and I haven't been happy with how things have been progressing, but I still have faith.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
Re: Burnt out on mystery sans answers/Complaint thread
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 10:35:30 AM »
Hey guys... I think from now on, I'll just keep one positive "Great episode/Lost is getting better" thread and one "Burnt out/complaint/it's starting to suck" thread going, so I merged this one with the other. 

On the actual content of the show, I thought it was a little better than the last, personally... though there were still weird moments that got a bit silly.  But I actually do like that it teases us with some answers, but holds back quite a bit.  The only time I don't like Lost is when it seems "lost" in where they are trying to go with the plot, and just trying to fill up time; and I didn't really feel that this episode personally...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »
I am going to be repeating this on many threads, but this show just keeps getting better. Tonight was awesome, I was glued to my seat. Kate, Jack and sawyer have the charisma that draws a viewer to the tv, You can't blink when they are on.
i'm with you jug.  i think it just keeps getting better, and tonight was absolutely awesome

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 01:02:39 PM »
In addition to the list(s) of questions unanswered on this forum, perhaps I can ask one basic question that has stumped me since the end of Season Two: If there was an "incident" when the plane first crashed, and Desmond had to use the fail-safe key, why didn't the hatch blow up THAT time?

Just in case it hasn't been answered yet, Desmond didn't use the fail-safe key when the plane crashed...and it hasn't been shown that that was condsidered another "incident" like the first one...what happened when the plane crashed might have been minor compared to the real incident.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »
Btw, for those saying "Patience", the last thing a tv show and its creators should be telling their audience (either directly or conveying it) is "Be patient...your questions will all be answered 5 years down the road"...lol...people will drop off like flies because "Answers" are what keeps a plotline going...you answer already existing storylines then add even better ones to take their place (and if you're REALLY good, the storyline that's been "answered" will continue to play a relevant role)...

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »
Btw, for those saying "Patience", the last thing a tv show and its creators should be telling their audience (either directly or conveying it) is "Be patient...your questions will all be answered 5 years down the road"...lol...people will drop off like flies because "Answers" are what keeps a plotline going...you answer already existing storylines then add even better ones to take their place (and if you're REALLY good, the storyline that's been "answered" will continue to play a relevant role)...

nope cant agree.... if every situation was answered the second after it happened, then youd end up spending each episodes just putting closure to one particular incident and then reinventing another.... and whilst i dont "like" being left in the dark on certain things... i know the best movies ive EVER scene were the ones that left me guessing until the very end and i had to rewatch it over again to see how all the clues and answers were there the whole time... does lost have this ability... gawd i hope so... this show has the capability to draw viewers in each week much like a soap opera does with its twists and plots, but to have so much depth given to the characters as we have seen with each and every one of them...yes this includes micheal who i still detest... i cant see how some are calling for heads to roll if there not given there much anticipated answers yesterday... plus what goood would come out of knowing everything right now... what else is worth watching besides lost??

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 01:27:19 PM »
Hey guys... I think from now on, I'll just keep one positive "Great episode/Lost is getting better" thread and one "Burnt out/complaint/it's starting to suck" thread going, so I merged this one with the other. 

Great idea Pandy.... the "Hate It" or "Love It" threads for people that like to kick, scream, whine, praise, criticize and shout in cheer/horror...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 01:28:39 PM »

nope cant agree.... if every situation was answered the second after it happened, then youd end up spending each episodes just putting closure to one particular incident and then reinventing another.... and whilst i dont "like" being left in the dark on certain things... i know the best movies ive EVER scene were the ones that left me guessing until the very end and i had to rewatch it over again to see how all the clues and answers were there the whole time... does lost have this ability... gawd i hope so... this show has the capability to draw viewers in each week much like a soap opera does with its twists and plots, but to have so much depth given to the characters as we have seen with each and every one of them...yes this includes micheal who i still detest... i cant see how some are calling for heads to roll if there not given there much anticipated answers yesterday... plus what goood would come out of knowing everything right now... what else is worth watching besides lost??

Did I say anywhere in my post that "every" situation had to be answered "the second after it happened"??...Nope. And for the record, movies only last two hours, not six years..lol (although I've seen a few that felt like they lasted six years)...

I just said that answers need to be provided to an audience of a tv show if you expect them to hang around for 5-6 years...tv is NOT the realm of the patient viewer with ultra-long attention spans. Other shows will come along which will take their attention, along with the possibility that many of the "answers" may turn out to be not worth investing 4+ years of "patience" into. That's why good writers provide answers along the way to help keep the storylines going...even Stephen King agrees with this, he thinks the show should last no more than three seasons and keeps warning the writers against dragging it out too much. Too many shows that started off phenomenally have gone down this track...I would hate seeing "Lost" be the next one.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:34:29 PM by WhatThe »

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 02:33:27 PM »
dude chill..... what exactly are u so uptight about having answered.... chances are its been speculated on throughout these boards... do u do jig saw puzzles that have 5000+ pieces..or do u prefer the ones with 6 big pieces... im under the understanding that more has been answered in regards to how big the island is and how much is actually going on that its going to take 5+ seasons to completely unfold each and every question... so i guess thats why i dont have a tell me everything i want to know NOW attitude and ill be glad that this show runs for as long as it does... am i curious... of course i am..thats why i read this sites theories and speculations... we are all clueless here and all searching for closure.. only problem is, im not sure we will all be happy once we learn what it is this shows all about....