Author Topic: Whose Tumor?  (Read 24315 times)

Offline Swank13

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Whose Tumor?
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 08:33:42 AM »
People let us remember that Ben didn't want Jack in that operating room and I don't believe that it was his intention for him to see those X-rays.  Juliet brought him there to try and save Colleen.  I know they like to play tricks with us with the Promos, but not sure how this couldn't be Ben's, or someone very important to Ben.  Also I am still a fan of Locke losing the use of his legs from the deck that Hurley collapsed.

Offline bayrodney

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 09:41:33 AM »
Not entirely sure at the moment. If Ben had a tumour on his back it would be obvious to see (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm thinking it belongs to somebody we don't know yet.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »

Finally the last piece: the paddles. Yes, how they haven't a working paddle, but have a working X-Ray machine there? Maybe those x-rays are from the same delivery of the files they have on the losties.

the x-ray machine may not be working anymore after the "sky turned purple".  i'm assuming the x-rays were taken more than 2 days before the incident, during the incident is probably when the paddles quit working, which could have also cause the x-ray machine to quit working.

back on topic:  after reading all this stuff, i'm leaning towards benry's xrays.  if it was lockes, i think he would have ben on the "list".

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 12:11:22 PM »
Not entirely sure at the moment. If Ben had a tumour on his back it would be obvious to see (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm thinking it belongs to somebody we don't know yet.
it wouldn't necessarily be visible. 

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 08:51:11 PM »
Well, Lost wouldn't be Lost if we did not experience mis-direction by the writers. Who knows? It may even be Sawyers for all we know.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 09:47:26 PM »
I am sticking to by belief that it is Locke. It was my initial gut reaction and this has been a good test for me so far. I am shakey on the whole reason why they would have to capture Jack and play mind games with him if he had to operate on Locke. He would do that without a second thought. So I admit that I am weak on this point.

But Locke does not have to be dyeing he is going to become paralyzed again. This is what caused his paralysis and it needs to be removed if he will be ok for life. Maybe they have plans for him off of the island? And he will beome paralyzed again when he leaves the isalnd.

Jack said it was a 40 ish male. That could be 48 and add 5 or 6 years for the age of the x-ray and you have Lockes age.

Offline Leicester

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2006, 09:53:28 PM »
Come on people that is obviously Lockes tumor. That is what caused his need for the wheel chair. Locke is vital to the others. Jack is going to save Locke because he is ok now but the island only temporaily helps someone.

I have to say, that deffinatly makes a lot of sense, and he basically saved locke when they last met, and if your remember when benry said to locke "your one of the good ones" or something like that... i might be wrong though :S

the only problem i have with this theory is where did the xrays come from?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 09:59:59 PM »
Ben saving Locke is a good point. He also did not want him to slide under the door. THey got the x-rays from one of his doctors, a little breaking and entry or a small bribe. No problem

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »
Or his doctor was associated with Dharma, or (I am getting crazy here) what if his doctor was Christian who I believe is still alive and working for dharma.

Offline Leicester

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »
its all very weird

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »
Yes, I am going to check myself into a home for conspiracy nuts.

Offline Shadowcrest

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2006, 11:59:52 PM »
What if they are old x-rays ..of Locke.Cause I think they are Lockes , and the "Others" are examineing them to find out why Locke is walking again.

You can keep X-rays safe and they look like that were takin a couple days ago.

scrod

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2006, 12:12:35 AM »
Watch out Juggy - those black helicopters are coming for you!

Could this growth on the spine be the sickness?  Maybe radiation sickness?

I am sure this is not original or novel thought, but it fits in line with this discussion.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2006, 04:30:19 AM »
Come on people that is obviously Lockes tumor. That is what caused his need for the wheel chair. Locke is vital to the others. Jack is going to save Locke because he is ok now but the island only temporaily helps someone.

Yeah Jug that's what I was thinking. But then I remember Jack saying it was a 40 year olds and John is in his 60's we think.

But that was who I thought of when I heard about it but the thread made me remember of the 40 year old comment

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2006, 05:38:26 AM »

Yeah Jug that's what I was thinking. But then I remember Jack saying it was a 40 year olds and John is in his 60's we think.

But that was who I thought of when I heard about it but the thread made me remember of the 40 year old comment

I also think man, that it could be Sawyer. Remember in season 1 when he was having headaches, and he said his family had a history of brain tumors. Well, it's not in the brain, but it is on the spine, part of the nervous system, close to the brain.