Author Topic: Whose Tumor?  (Read 19136 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Whose Tumor?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 02:41:01 AM »
Is that Benry's tumor?
I certainly hope so...because it would be boring as hell if the tumor belonged to anyone else besides Benry. Even if it were Sawyer's tumor, there wouldn't be any tension because Jack would operate in a heartbeat, no questions asked...hell, he did so for some woman he didn't even know. The idea of Benry possibly dying if Jack doesn't operate brings new tension to the show, however...and gives Jack some power.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 02:44:23 AM »
Is that Benry's tumor?
I certainly hope so...because it would be boring as hell if the tumor belonged to anyone else besides Benry. Even if it were Sawyer's tumor, there wouldn't be any tension because Jack would operate in a heartbeat, no questions asked...hell, he did so for some woman he didn't even know. The idea of Benry possibly dying if Jack doesn't operate brings new tension to the show, however...and gives Jack some power.

Well said! I never even looked at the situation from that angle...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 03:17:44 AM »
Come on people that is obviously Lockes tumor. That is what caused his need for the wheel chair. Locke is vital to the others. Jack is going to save Locke because he is ok now but the island only temporaily helps someone.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 05:05:50 AM »
Juggy, I didn't even think of Locke!  That's how he ended up in the wheelchair!  You're so smart!
 :-* :-*

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 05:08:24 AM »
Or it could be that creepy, random, mystery man with the pirate eye-patch from one of the monitors... Reminds me of the Bond villian from Thunderball...

And I was waiting for someone to post this... but since no one has yet:

(In an Ah-nuld Voice) "It's not a Tumor!"

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 05:31:23 AM »
There's something in this x-ray that is bothering me. It REALLY doesn't look like a 40yr old. The discs are too wide to be of a such old guy. Really, and even the angle of the hip bones, that MIGHT BE of a man, isn't much evidence, if we take the size of vertebrae. They are too thin for a man.
I haven't too much knowledge to assert that, but for me it's more like a near-30 woman.
Perhaps the thing of con a con-man to earn respect is more deeper than it first seems.
I don't know... Later I will return with further opinions.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 07:11:08 AM »
Optimus, you have your doubts, but Juliet knows whose x-ray it is.  If it's not a 40-ish male then she wouldn't be impressed  and Jack has no credibility with her.  He needs credibility in order to bargain with the Others.  He needs credibility in order to con them.  He is a spinal surgeon.  If the x-ray didn't come from a 40-ish male it could be a prop error.

Michelle13

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 07:21:44 AM »
Why didn't Jack try harder with Colleen? Seems to me he was faintly trying to save her...maybe he just knew she was really gone with no hope, but it's not his stlye. He overly dramatizes it when trying to save people...look at Charlie, he beat the heck outta him...

just my two cents. sorry

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 08:32:03 AM »
Not just Charlie, but Boone, too.  He practically bled out into Boone.  He doesn't know when to quit!

BlackrockBob

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 08:45:48 AM »
Come on people that is obviously Lockes tumor. That is what caused his need for the wheel chair. Locke is vital to the others. Jack is going to save Locke because he is ok now but the island only temporaily helps someone.
Jug that was my first thoughts too, but how would they get Locke's x-rays?
They would have to have some major connections from the outside to get those.
What kind of cancer did Rose have?
Either way, could catch Jug.

Offline Dubplate

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »
Not just Charlie, but Boone, too.  He practically bled out into Boone.  He doesn't know when to quit!

Charlie and Boone never held Jack prisoner and put his friends lives in danger.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 11:21:04 AM »

No no no no no!  Locke is older than 40 I thought...he's in his 50s!  We have a pic of his driver's license (be it expired and maybe a fake)!  I will definitely give you that Locke is important to the Others....very important...but I don't think that is Locke's tumor.  If it is, I will eat my words.  Jugs - you've been right about a lot of things...so it wouldn't surprise me if you were right about this, too.  But I', still going to disagree until we have more proof.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »
But we do not know how old the x-ray is. He could of been in his 40's when it was taken but if it was taken 4 or 5 years ago now that person is in their 50's. I believe Locke was in the wheelchair for 4 years.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 11:44:46 AM »
Dang it Jugs - why are you so SMART!!!????  Good call....

BTW - I teach math too.  I saw that you did in another post...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 11:56:40 AM »
my thoughts:

no matter who's x-ray it is jack will operate with all his might.  that's just his MO. 

i am riding the fence here, i think it could be benry's x-rays or locke's.  BUT if it were locke's, wouldn't they have "captured" him when they did the others?  i'm more interested into why they took kate and sawyer, what need do they have for those two?