Author Topic: Whose Tumor?  (Read 18066 times)

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Whose Tumor?
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2006, 08:53:30 PM »
Demra, you're welcome.  His friends called him Goody Pincus.  He's the father of the birth control pill, but it all started with animal fertility research.

It just got INTERESTING...oh wait - not it didn't - that was 3 years ago!  This is a good thread...and I CAN'T wait 'til tomorrow so we can have more info with which discuss!  I'm thinking it really might be Ben's...but I also agree with Jugs that it would be too obvious for LOST!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2006, 11:10:11 PM »
I am trying to come up with a clear cut explanation of who it can be. My gut keeps telling me that it is Locke (and that I had to much chili tonight but that is another story) but I can not come up with a good scenerio that covers all aspects of the story.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2006, 01:34:32 AM »
Pick mine, pick mine.
My theory is that x-ray is foreign and no one on the isand have a tumor. BUT they had set Sawyer (making the outside of his back look sick, while the inside is healthy), while he was worried with his chest, and didn't worried with his back.
And they will say to Jack that he need to save Sawyer, screw up the surgery, and make Jack look as traitor, forcing him to join them.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2006, 01:36:29 AM »
I think that Jack would recognize a doctored x-ray.

(No pun intended)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2006, 03:42:42 AM »
I wonder if Jack would recognize his own x-ray.  He was unconcious when they took him to Hydra.  He could have been x-rayed then.  If his back had been x-rayed before, the tumor would have been found at that time, or else it's a very aggressive tumor.  If he hasn't had his back x-rayed before then he wouldn't know that that film is his.  It wouldn't be familiar to him.  The promos make it sound like the tumor is Ben's, though.  I'm torn on this one.  I don't think Jack was meant to see the x-ray.  The Others are full of tricks and it is their style to set up little traps like that, but under the exigent circumstances of Coleen's "situation" they wouldn't have had time to stage a stunt with the x-ray.  We'll find out tomorrow!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »
Then christian can come out and operate on Jack!!

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »
Then christian can come out and operate on Jack!!

Oh Juggy!

Anyway, nice catch with the Goodwin fertilization SOL! Poor bunnies...

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2006, 05:49:54 PM »
I wonder if Jack would recognize his own x-ray.  He was unconcious when they took him to Hydra.  He could have been x-rayed then.  If his back had been x-rayed before, the tumor would have been found at that time, or else it's a very aggressive tumor.  If he hasn't had his back x-rayed before then he wouldn't know that that film is his.  It wouldn't be familiar to him.  The promos make it sound like the tumor is Ben's, though.  I'm torn on this one.  I don't think Jack was meant to see the x-ray.  The Others are full of tricks and it is their style to set up little traps like that, but under the exigent circumstances of Coleen's "situation" they wouldn't have had time to stage a stunt with the x-ray.  We'll find out tomorrow!

& Ben seemed annoyed that they brought Jack in through there to work on Colleen.  He seemed surprised...disappointed....what's the word???

Well...my point is- it didn't seem as if he had planted the x-ray for Jack to see.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2006, 06:25:05 PM »
I've continued this in another thread, so I'll be brief.  Whatthe, if you think the technology for in vitro fertilization didn't exist in the forties then you need to do a little research.  Dr. Gregory Goodwin Pincus succeeded in fertilizing rabbit eggs in vitro in 1934.  And that is a scientific fact!  LOL!

Wow.  Just when I thought nobody was finding real clues.  SOL - you are the best.  Now I must go find that other thread.