Author Topic: The Sub and Two Islands  (Read 12460 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Sub and Two Islands
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 05:17:18 AM »

Of course, someone might come up with a theory that Alcatraz is a mobile island... I doubt it.

Very funny JB.  Is that a dig at me and my "floating Island just like Alcatraz" theory?  I'm so happy that Ben mentioned Alcatraz because I'm hoping it leads to a revelation that the island floats around and can't be pin-pointed exactly.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 05:36:44 AM »
one more thing about them being on two different islands is   how did the bears get across the water.    bears were in the cages but now with the losties        i dont think they can swim the ocean          but then again they are polar bears living with no snow  so who knows really.

and can who ever started this thread change the name to someting about the two islands
Perhaps "the incident" have none to do with the swam station. But with the the bears escaping the hydra station to the island. Even thus freeing the sharks as diversion in the process.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 07:01:41 AM »
Polar bears are very good swimmers.  They spend most of their time in the ocean.  Fishing.

Offline Perseus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 08:50:36 AM »
And I suppose the escaping bears hijacked the sub to get to the BIG island.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 09:13:43 AM »
I think the sub is also a time machine and the others are from the future.  In order to gain Jack's confidence, they brought back video of the Red Sox winning the series in some distant time frame, saying it was 2004 and making a special connection with him due to his fixation on the Red Sox.  In truth, the Sox never won the series, and we have all been conned by the others as well.

Oh... and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 10:56:09 AM »
Any thoughts that maybe "sub" stands for somthing along the lines of the repomen party. Did he say "the sub" or "sub is back" like a nickname for the leader of the repomen? I just didn't catch this last night and am throwing out some ideas.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 11:08:01 AM »
i remember everyone leaving on the "boat" when they hijacked it...so when did they have time to unload everyone from the sailboat back onto the submarine... and why would they if they were using motor power when they left the dock..seems from the vantage point that ben took sawyer to that the islands are maybe 2-3 miles apart max... with a critically injured woman, it seems more likely that they would just motor the sail boat back to hydra... leaving me to disagree that the sub was part of the recon mission and that it belongs to the patch guy aka "HIM"!!!

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 11:08:20 AM »
Polar
one more thing about them being on two different islands is   how did the bears get accross the water.    bears were in the cages but now with the losties        i dont think they can swim the ocean         

Polar Bears are big time swimmers....so them getting to a new island is not a problem.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 11:09:27 AM »
An island was very visible at the end of season 2 at the Pala dock. You could see it when Michael drove the boat away. There are island marked on danielles map also. They knew of island but that knoweldge is of no use to them.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »
The island showed when Michale toook off in the oldbeat up boat was chalked up to a conitnuity error as that island really does exist.Pandy even posted pics of the actual island off Oahu.In other shots of Michael taking off can't see the island.

Why did our guys not see this island when taking off in raft was it because electric magnetic field was still up?

So now second island visible but if go to map on blast door the zooological experiments took place on main island.......

Why would they need the boat if have a submarine?
An nothing else works on this island not even defibilatrators....

So now if can see this island wouldn't the large island thet not even god could see be showing upon satelittes everywhere?

Nice they can invent subs and extra islands to advance their plotline....

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 01:13:34 PM »
and why are the Others on that island anyway?

Maybe they go to Pala to work, and they live on the Island (hence the ferry).

I think the little Other village is on the Island because Ben sent Ethan to the crash site on foot.

Maybe funky mask guy is on the Island because it somehow keeps him alive.  If the Island didn't help Locke and Rose, then we still need to see what did help them.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 01:29:24 PM »
Like someone in of the other posts stated.  Could be that once the EMP went off it took down a forcefield that was protecting the other island.  Dont mean to sound " Star Trekish", but it could be a possibility.  Because Des would have definately seen it if he had been circling the island for a few weeks.  A point brought up by a friend of mine.  So they have been there for 70 days now, and not one person has tried walking around the island ???  That would be one of my first things to do after a plain crash, although, maybe not after hearing the monster and trees being taken down.....
sayid did attempt to walk around and map the island back in season one.   he found the cable from the jungle into the water, followed the cable and ended up being caught in one of rousseau's traps.  but no one ever finished mapping the whole island

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »
one more thing about them being on two different islands is   how did the bears get accross the water.    bears were in the cages but now with the losties        i dont think they can swim the ocean          but then again they are polar bears living with no snow  so who knows really.

and can who ever started this thread change the name to someting about the two islands
maybe the others moved the bears when they released them.  would you want to live on an island inhabited by human eating polar bears?  especially ones you have had in captivity and experimented on?  i think not.

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 02:37:08 PM »
where did this whole em field obscures vision theory come up? sounds a bit silly..

also silly: floating islands..

id also like to say that there being a second habitated island WASN'T the surprise it was the fact that they were ON that second island with nowhere to go.. we already knew the hydra station was the 'underwater hatch' and there was a lot of confusion as to how it could have been in the others nice little village and still be so close to the oceanside where ben was serving breakfast.. now we know it was in a completely different location..

there was also speculation as to why the others were so dry when they hyjacked sayid's boat, now we know it was cos they came out of a submarine..
i remember everyone leaving on the "boat" when they hijacked it...so when did they have time to unload everyone from the sailboat back onto the submarine... and why would they if they were using motor power when they left the dock..seems from the vantage point that ben took sawyer to that the islands are maybe 2-3 miles apart max... with a critically injured woman, it seems more likely that they would just motor the sail boat back to hydra... leaving me to disagree that the sub was part of the recon mission and that it belongs to the patch guy aka "HIM"!!!

couldnt they have just left a coupla others in the sub?

i would also like to commend dharma on their fantastic choice of location for the zoological research.. this location would ensure that any problems with the animals wouldnt mess with the research being done on the island.. and would pose no threat to the personnel..

Possible breaches in the shark holding tanks? well see i guess

Offline Socrates

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »
Could the Hydra station be the sub itself?  I feel like I saw the Hydra station logo somewhere near the cages too, so I could be mistaken.  Just a thought I had.