Author Topic: Speech Recognition  (Read 885 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Speech Recognition
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:21 AM »
I'm not sure where to put this, but it had to do with computers, so I put it here.

My brother tried to use a speech recognition for Microdoft Word. It didn't work out very well...

This is what he got (unedited)

To whom it may concern:
Friday's maintained at five, said are you listening to me? After this, future is in working to rising in a better way with the fence and mall is You.  We're going to move up, "hello?" to this working in the new solar, and the impact of the time and more, is a set of shoes for my then open book review, a two-0007 to fourteen in an effort to the to move the fish. I said, then sued mom. You're not alone at all. I know this is the seven to be in those who do in, I do.  The long beach and more to ban the down them is so no movement and the main all then two more? For the action in the young man who have long been in an even better than and Vernon, I have an admin in the panel and May, '09. A have been young man, who massive vote in an era and then his estimates (but his defense foundation for this enough, and though his time job in the station in the man for taking more in the NFL is the gang member) to see an in depth, but a new book, home they do in new one and one and 1,218,000,000 a new of the new, and the home loan to buy a car data from the "And Her Mom, And Some Mom and My Own" service. Mom and dad, and I then service mom, Sean Mahlmann, before and after a long time all long long long time, the bonds they confirmed that I know I am more than 1,000 own man.  Is the information from the San Jose? Why the moral bone rather than an invasion? And no long, long term: through an environment (the am well in new way of open the door). Why did they will learn more when done some long, some breaking Morongo? But the new movie of the "Be Back in What Was the What Was the Way the Back to the Bath and In." The bad back then to long was the way for new, "They Won't Come Home," the report in common new and writing hula bowl, and to each line the form one. After all, the new telephone bill's in the office.

The Zhoulotskunosprok

And yes, "The Zhoulotskunosprok" was what Word spat out. I don't get it, but it's hilarious.

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Speech Recognition
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:41:40 PM »
Hah, that's too funny! 

A quick story on this...

For a week or so, I thought I had a virus on my computer.  I would be on chat and sometimes, for no apparent reason, it would spit out the words "that that that that than than can can can can".  It was really frustrating, I'd have to delete it after the computer would automatically add these in inexplicably.  I went on all these computer forums to ask if it was a virus or something known that would do this.  I finally found the answer from someone who had the same thing happen to them.  Turns out, that the computer's voice/sound recognition had gotten turned on by accident.  So the "that that that that" was actually transcribing the sounds of my keyboard typing ("tap tap tap tap").  That really cracked me up when I figured it out, and my friends joked with me that my computer had Turette's syndrome. :D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 02:48:08 PM »
LOL

If you google Zhoulotskunosprok, you can find another mistaken Spech Recog, but it isn't half as funny as this one

Offline Jordanoth

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 04:57:19 AM »
that is pretty funny.. good stuff guys