Author Topic: DHARMA Videos - Hard to tell if authentic  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Siberian

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
DHARMA Videos - Hard to tell if authentic
« on: October 13, 2006, 11:03:46 PM »
Greetings and salutations everyone.

I decided to sit the Lost Experience out until it ended.  I kept up with it at first, but I soon decided it would be easier to just read up on it once it ran its course. (I know, I know...laaaazy).  Believe me though, I'm starting to regret it as I have missed out on much.

Anyway, I recently watched all of the Rachel Blake videos and the Sri Lanka video, and well, just about every Lost video I could find on YouTube.  I've also read through the Investigations page concerning TLE, so for the most part at least, I think I'm fairly caught up.

Anyway, there was this one video I found on YouTube that struck me as very odd.  I haven't seen anyone refer to this video so far (I probably haven't looked hard enough).  To me, it seems pretty darned authentic.  Meaning, it seems like it was created by the folks that did the Lost Experience content.  But I have seen some pretty bad fan-created videos as well.  So I'm just not sure what to think anymore.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0OkiN6D00A

Assuming it is authentic and part of the official Lost canon, it reveals some very interesting info about the other stations, and even the stations we already know about.  Again, if this has already been talked about, please forgive me.  And more importantly, if this is fan-created junk, well, please forgive me.   ;D

Any thoughts on the video?  Can anyone confirm if it's real or not?

If someone can confirm this, then I'm going to have to post my new theory, but I'd rather not until I know it's not a fake.  I'd rather spare myself the embarrassment heheh.

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: DHARMA Videos - Hard to tell if authentic
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 01:17:29 PM »
Hi Siberian,

Don't worry, you're not the first one to be fooled by that video.  You can see it on the list of Lostpedia scam videos here:
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/List_of_videos_available_on_YouTube#Scams

The reason we know it's a fake is because of a few issues:

1)  It doesn't include much original except for the insert of the new fake logos (and a short, very amateurish video section), which is easy to create.  All the other footage is pieced together from canon material, and made with the "shaky reel" style, which isn't hard to do for YouTube either.

2)  You can trace a person's ID on YouTube, and that person is known for other fraud acts in the past; I believe he also runs a fake site, though the name escapes me at the moment.

3) 'Alvar Hanso' is not played by Ian Patrick Williams, and looks like a guy from a home video here

4) Some of the info has already been contradicted by S3 and TLE (such as Arrow being a zoological station)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 01:26:01 PM by Pandora »