Author Topic: The Look Kate Had After Sawyer Was Stunned and One Other Time In Captivity  (Read 4205 times)

Michelle13

Long title, wanted to be specific.

Kate gives Dan (the guy who's always mad looking) a look of "you aren't supposed to be doing it this way" or something along those lines when he had stunned Sawyer. I don't know how to explain it...did anyone else think something was up with that??
The second look that drew my attention was when Juliet had the gun pulled on her and Sawyer was supposed to be putting the gun down...Kate looked shamed in a way... So she was either shamed because she got caught or shamed because she allowed herself to be caught?? I'm think the second reason. But I could be wrong.

Your thoughts?? (Be nice to me please.)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Do you mean when Kate asked a question and Sawyer got stunned instead?  Kate probably expected Dan to taser her.  She inadvertently caused pain to Sawyer and felt bad about it.  That was my take on it anyway.

Michelle13

Do you mean when Kate asked a question and Sawyer got stunned instead?  Kate probably expected Dan to taser her.  She inadvertently caused pain to Sawyer and felt bad about it.  That was my take on it anyway.

I think she felt bad for it...but there was something more to her look to Dan AFTER he had tased Sawyer.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
There are several instances of characters expressing the sentiment that "it wasn't supposed to happen like this."  It's another one of those coincidences that was on the list (in my theory".) 

For example:
Locke yells at Jack "it wasn't supposed to happen like this"
Michael tells his mother that Walt wasn't supposed to be his.  It wasn't part of the plan.

BlackrockBob

So you are thinking that Kate made a deal with Ben? And she isn't happy with how they are treating Sawyer? Maybe that it is all about making Jack stay and releasing Kate and Jack?

That could be, but I think Kate doesn't want anyone that she cares about being hurt because of what she does. Kate has hurt too many people she cares about, and I'm sure that is the only thing she ever feels guilty about.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I think it was just a look of surprise and nothing else. Her guiltly look was because this is the second time sawyer had to give up a gun to save Kate after she was caught.

Offline a_dot_out

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Interesting, I am on the fence.

We still have yet to learn more about Kate's exchange with The Others between breakfast with Ben and being caged. Perhaps nothing of consequence in terms of where Kate's loyalties lie, but who knows, perhaps a deal was struck.

Michelle13

So you are thinking that Kate made a deal with Ben? And she isn't happy with how they are treating Sawyer? Maybe that it is all about making Jack stay and releasing Kate and Jack?

That could be, but I think Kate doesn't want anyone that she cares about being hurt because of what she does. Kate has hurt too many people she cares about, and I'm sure that is the only thing she ever feels guilty about.

I don't think she made a deal with Ben. I think it was more of Ben telling her what was going to be going on over the next couple of weeks...or longer. With that thought...maybe she realizes the bad will produce the good in the end. But during all of this, Sawyer does his thing and poof...something out of script happens...so she's mad at the guy but can't blow it by making any comments.

JUST MY THOUGHTS

Michelle13

I think it was just a look of surprise and nothing else. Her guiltly look was because this is the second time sawyer had to give up a gun to save Kate after she was caught.

Jugdish, you can agree...it won't mean that Kate is a bad person. There would be a greater good in the end.

Michelle13

Interesting, I am on the fence.

We still have yet to learn more about Kate's exchange with The Others between breakfast with Ben and being caged. Perhaps nothing of consequence in terms of where Kate's loyalties lie, but who knows, perhaps a deal was struck.
Thank you. I've felt like sh!t since no one was even giving it a second thought or anything..other than tearing it apart.

I'm not the brightest lightbulb in the pack...but something was up with her looks. The end.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: The Look Kate Had After Sawyer Was Stunned and One Other Time In Captivity
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 10:01:42 PM »
I will have to go back and "examine" the look (LOL)
Perhaps you are right and Kate did either strike up a deal or was told more about what is going to happen in the next couple of weeks

Will post more after my examination ;D

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 10:03:38 PM »

Thank you. I've felt like sh!t since no one was even giving it a second thought or anything..other than tearing it apart.

I'm not the brightest lightbulb in the pack...but something was up with her looks. The end.
Not tearing anything apart..... The old Kate would have grabbed Juliettes gun and helped Sawyer but she's a bit weak at the moment, maybe from something that happenned on the beach or maybe because she's crashed on an island, been kidnapped by others and is generally having a sh*t time, but I thought her look was shame because she knows she has been broken down. I think Sawyer is reading her body language and knew he would have a chance to size up the others.

Just a(nother) theory... But I'm not very bright either :)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 11:31:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the look was that she thinks whatever she does will punish Sawyer, yet another way to break her down

And Chelle, you just need to turn the switch on and you're the brightest bulb on the porch ;)

Michelle13

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the look was that she thinks whatever she does will punish Sawyer, yet another way to break her down

And Chelle, you just need to turn the switch on and you're the brightest bulb on the porch ;)

you can turn it on  ;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 12:22:30 AM »
hehehe... like that PM? lol