Author Topic: Hanso Adoptions  (Read 6386 times)

Offline SeanCLucas

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Hanso Adoptions
« on: October 12, 2006, 03:46:25 PM »
I googled "Benjamin Lynus" and got a sponsored result from HansoAdoptions.org. At the bottom of the website, the copyright dates have a link to Artemis. The picture is named Fate. Also, check out Mack Thompson's law website linked at the bottom.

1) Is this all new?
2) What does this mean?

Was the island a place to harvest children for adoption? Ben did say he had lived on the island his entire life.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Lynus
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:59:12 PM »
You're thinking of the movie The Island, where there really wasn't one, but they did do the baby harvesting thing.  However, it does look like they are setting up Kate and Sawyer to make a baby, and Jack and Juliet to make a baby.  Then there was Claire's baby.  And they tried to get Sun by stealing the sailboat.

Oh no, TPTB want me to think that they are doing baby harvesting, but I know better...

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 04:02:56 PM »
BTW: closed captioning said "Benjamin Linus", which was spelled differently.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 04:12:23 PM »
for whatever it's worth, for the last month or so I have noticed that Hanso Adoptions has been advertising on this site on the little strips of ads that come up with each page after the first post and at the bottom, or under the banner. I had figured it was coincidental that some business out there was named Hanso and it ended up here because we mention the same word in our posts, but maybe TPTB have targetted Lost sites with a subtle clue.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:06:54 PM by CastawayCayley »

Offline skbrad76

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Hanso Adoptions
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »
If you Google "Benjamin Linus", you get the web page for Hanso Adoptions <www.hansoadoptions.org>.  I tried hard to follow The Lost Experience over the summer, but the folks who searched all those clues had much more web talent than I.  I don't know of the website is providing any clues, but if you want to subscribe to the "We captured all the kids to adopt them out" theory ... there could be a connection.

I just hope that the smarter members of Sledgeweb's can shed some light on the possible connection.

Offline STaTiC

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Hanso Adoptions
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 06:11:34 PM »
If you go to the bottom of the page and click on the "missing" copyright date it takes you to http://artemis.hansoadoptions.org/  and it shows the following:

the image is labeled "fate"

There are other interesting eggs here also. Just follow the links... the Clients one takes you to www.mackthompsonlaw.com and in the cases area it has information on a current lawsuit against the Hanso corporation.

Hanso Foundation Lawsuit
Current - ???
Mack has had strong suspicions about The Hanso Foundation ever since his step-father disappeared while working there. After years of observation the oppurtunity to serve legal papers to Hanso has finally presented itself. Updates will be provided at this website.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 06:24:11 PM by STaTiC »

Offline illtrickit

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 06:16:26 PM »
Wow
Bunches o' stuff. i have not had time to sort through yet

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »
Sorry, but HansoAdoptions is a known fraud site.  They posted during the Lost Experience deal, and were found out with a little background research into /whois and other sources.  They've been trying to get people to visit their site since they got up, by posting redirections from other URLs as they become relevant to Lost.  In this case, they posted redirection after the show aired.... and as someone pointed out, Benjamin's last name is Linus, not Lynus, another dead giveaway.

Offline illtrickit

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 10:30:53 PM »
oooooooooo! That maks me so mad. i missed the fraud warning. good thing i didn't do anything but a quick preview. I hate whem crp like that wastes my time!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Google Benjamin Linus Mack Thompson website ?
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 04:30:27 PM »
Just wondering, last night and this morning when I googled Benjamin Linus not only did the hansoadoptions page come up (which I now know is a fake), but also there was a page about a lawyer, Mack Thompson who is filing a law suit against hanso-air, formally oceanic airlines. It no longer comes up, however. He originally worked for hansoadoptions which leads me to believe that this site also is not real. Is this also fake, can someone confirm? It led to some interesting info about the crash of flight 815 and the downfall of oceanic and how they never found the plane, etc, but there was a search, suggested that their estimate of where the plane went down was off, etc. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 05:00:50 PM by sillysab »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Google Benjamin Linus ? Mack (?) website
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 04:32:51 PM »
No idea if they are fake or not but I am proud of your effort to find info on him.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Google Benjamin Linus ? Mack (?) website
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 04:54:11 PM »
Here is the site, I found it by googling mack and hanso:
http://www.mackthompsonlaw.com/
If you follow the links for HansoAir.org it takes you to another page with the info about the crash of flight 815.
I think this one is fake too. ARGH!
http://www.hansoair.org/oceanic.html

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »
Sorry, but merging with the other hansoadoptions posts.  Check the sticky post at the top for a good list of fake websites that are not part of TLE.  There's also a good comprehensive list at lostpedia, here:

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Fake_websites#Imitation_websites

As you can see, it's almost a cottage industry to produce these sites, a new one seems to pop up everyday, but there are ways of distinguishing them from the true ones (check sticky topic again)

Offline CUItaliano

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: www.letyourcompassguideyou.com
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 04:57:49 PM »
Is this a new site related to the game? abcklmnopqr.com/cure. Found it after decoding the hansoadoptions.org site.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 12:02:06 AM »
Just merging all these hansoadoptions spinoff site posts together... please read the sticky post on fraud site primers, too...