Author Topic: Ben has lived on the island "all of his life"  (Read 10980 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Ben has lived on the island "all of his life"
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 10:57:44 AM »
I, too, think they are the children of original DHARMA hippies who may or may not have actually been born on the island.  I feel that their level of familiarization with the grounds (not too thorough) is that of a child who is running around his daddy'd office, playing with tools that he doesn't completely understand.  Eventually, as this child grows, they begin to find the things that are usefull, but the big picture is...lost.

Offline cassandradoll

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 02:00:20 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say maybe they were desendants from the Black Rock survivors, but genetically, they'd prolly look more similar and there be more African descendants... unless all the slaves where white. Yeah I give up. In regards to the others, I guess I'm in for the ride, but have no idea. I don't believe them... they act like cult followers.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »
I dont think that the Others are decendents of the BR  survivors

if there is another group of others they might be the decendents of BR
or at least some of them anyway

Offline Garrobo28

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 03:06:58 PM »
I think it's interesting how you don't here much about those corpses... they kindof been forgotten... plus Jack took something off of one of them.. I think they were some kind of gem or stone or something)

Very good observation. He found two precious stones, one black and one white. Ying and Yang. Light and dark. Like Locke teaching Walt how to play backgammon.

I'm sure this distinction will play out this season. I don't think Benry is Dharma.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:44 PM »
If they were born on the island then the island does not make the others infertile. So this changes many theories on why they need the children. Now if Ben was brought there young in another crash, ie like Alex then the fertility isues are back

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 03:41:24 PM »
Jug, are you sure about the infertility thing?? I was wondering when Sun got pregnant. Was this something that happened on the island, or did we just find out about it on the island?? I was just thinking because how could she have had sex with Jae, and not known she was pregnant until now.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »
Jug, are you sure about the infertility thing?? I was wondering when Sun got pregnant. Was this something that happened on the island, or did we just find out about it on the island?? I was just thinking because how could she have had sex with Jae, and not known she was pregnant until now.
I am not sure about the fertility thing at all. I was raising questions nothing else.
It all depends on the timeline and I do not believe we know enough about when Jae died compared to when they left for the flight to LA. Guessing she found out around day 50, so it would be a long time not to be suspicious.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 03:47:39 PM »
That's what I figured. It just seemed weird, but at the same time, with all of the tension between them, I couldn't see Jin and Sun getting down on the mysterious island of mystery.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »
That's what I figured. It just seemed weird, but at the same time, with all of the tension between them, I couldn't see Jin and Sun getting down on the mysterious island of mystery.

When Jin came back from the other side they showed him and Sun come out of the tent all satisfied and Hurley gave them the thumbs up. That is the only time the implied that they did.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 04:02:51 PM »
If Ben has been on the island since childhood, where are his parents now?
I noticed the one old lady at the book club did you notice any other old people?

I think Ben may have been abducted as a child, just like Alex was...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 04:09:08 PM »
But from what??? The black rock??

Offline Sara

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 04:10:53 PM »
I'm leaning toward Ben being abducted as a child too.

Sun may have been suspicious about her pregnancy before they even got to the island and just ignored it because she didn't want it to be true.  Sad, but that does happen with some people.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »
I'm leaning toward Ben being abducted as a child too.

Sun may have been suspicious about her pregnancy before they even got to the island and just ignored it because she didn't want it to be true.  Sad, but that does happen with some people.

There would also be a lot stress on the body which could confuse the situation

Offline Sara

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 04:44:39 PM »
Good call for a guy, jug.  :-)

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
How could Ben be on the island his whole life when Darhma came there in the 70's? Also, if Ben and the "others" were a part of Darhma, (which is supposed to be long gone), why was he not concerned with the button and the pearl station? He called it a joke. If there was an earthquake on the island from the magnet on Sept. 22, 2004, then there would have been another one only bigger. No Damage to their houses?