Author Topic: What Jack is needed for...  (Read 11506 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What Jack is needed for...
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »
I think if they wanted Claire, they would have had Michael bring Claire.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »
i can appreciate that, which is obvious conflict, but I dont see how Claire would even be remotely interested in getting "my boy back"...

Jack's trusted, and has access to everyone on the island... even if they dont like jack, they need him (sawyer w/ glasses, pills after being shot, etc)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 02:39:18 PM »
you're right about that part about getting my boy back. BUT why would hurley come? That didnt' make any sense to me. Still doesn't.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »
I always thought it was that Hurley was believable and loved, Kate could be bait for either Sawyer or Jack, and Jack and Sawyer could be manipulated with the conflict between them pertaining to Kate... (like when Ben said, "funny you said Sawyer first" or whatever the exact quote was from 3x1.

But, back to the orginal topic, I think they see Jack as the key to the lostie's, most specifically Claire and Aaron...

It's all I got :)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 02:55:37 PM »
Possible. Good thought!

Offline jdearmond

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »
Jack's their leader. I think it realy comes down to that. They want him to flip in some way, like Michael, create chaos with the rest of the group, and sit back and see what happens. Remember the heuristics part of DHARMA?

"A heuristic is a replicable method or approach for directing one's attention in learning, discovery, or problem-solving."

The others, if they are part of DHARMA, are contantly doing research on these people by putting them in crazy situations.

misspensinger

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »
You do not need to break a guy down and change his perspective to have him perfom surgery. It is setting him up to deal with his father.
It's true. Jack's calling is a doctor, fixing people.  They couldn't lay someone in front of him and he wouldn't take care of them.  It would be unethical in his mind. 

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 07:38:55 PM »
you're right about that part about getting my boy back. BUT why would hurley come? That didnt' make any sense to me. Still doesn't.

My thought about them bringing Hurley was the fact that he would not be able to follow them back to their hideout very carefully. Him being a large guy would be about as sneaky as an elephant in your front yard, so couldn't follow the Others to where they were taking Jack, Sawyer and the beautiful Kate. Sayid, or Locke could have tracked them back the the Hydra, so bring the least sneaky guy to release. Thats my theory anyways, because I just can't think of anyhting else.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »
Maybe, Casey, but it seems like they did it for a reason... We'll probably find out next Wednesday.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »
Maybe, Casey, but it seems like they did it for a reason... We'll probably find out next Wednesday.

I think you are right. There is more to Hurley for sure, but that was the only explaination I could come up with so far. I'm not a huge fan of it, and I really hope there is a deeper meaning.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 09:06:04 PM »
Lol, Me too! I hope there's a deeper meaning to most of these.

That's why I adamantly oppose writing things off as "The OTHERS are pure evil, or the OTHERS are aliens..." I want a deeper meaning.

Michelle13

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 09:08:48 PM »
The others aren't as good as you have said, but maybe not as bad as we think

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 09:21:53 PM »

That's why I adamantly oppose writing things off as "The OTHERS are pure evil, or the OTHERS are aliens..." I want a deeper meaning.

If they are aliens....I'm burning my LOST DVD's, removing it from my TiVo schedule, and never telling anyone to watch it ever again....I'll still come back here for the HUNT, though.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »
LoL Well said, Casey. Losties are NOT aliens, or they will lose all fan base.

Michelle13

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:58 PM »

If they are aliens....I'm burning my LOST DVD's, removing it from my TiVo schedule, and never telling anyone to watch it ever again....I'll still come back here for the HUNT, though.

Exactly. I don't care for alien shows..to unrealistic for my thinking. So Lost can't go that way..or I will LOSE it...