Author Topic: What Jack is needed for...  (Read 11505 times)

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
What Jack is needed for...
« on: October 12, 2006, 01:08:40 AM »
So Jack is special.  They have already told him that they want him to cooperate.  And they also know that their "reward" of home is not really a reward.  So what do they want from Jack?  Help with their fertility issues?  A cure for whatever they immunize against? Is it even something medical at all???

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: What Jack is needed for...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 01:13:05 AM »
How is it not a reward? You people have no faith in these OTHERS.

As I've said elsewhere, I think that they want Jack to go on a Michael-esque mission. Give him a list and tell him to bring them back.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 01:26:19 AM »
Not a reward because his wife has most certainly moved on at this point.  His father, who has done miserable things to him (we think) is dead.  What else does he have to go back to?  The Red Sox already played...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:28:44 AM »
His mother.

mindsparkle

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:28:55 AM »
Jack is a surgeon and I bet they want him to perform some operation, all the others can't be immune from disease, accidents or something...

mindsparkle

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:29:55 AM »
He's the only one with a trade they can utilize... all the others are only good for entertainment, slavery or experiments

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 01:33:59 AM »
I don't think any of them are immune from anything.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 01:35:18 AM »
interesting question  
at this point  i cant say  i have enough info to say

i like the ideas  so far that you all have come up with

except  JB's  

not big on the idea of having faith in a group of people that send other people to shop for more people

;D

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 01:37:08 AM »
Jack is a surgeon and I bet they want him to perform some operation, all the others can't be immune from disease, accidents or something...

He's the only one with a trade they can utilize... all the others are only good for entertainment, slavery or experiments

mindsparkle - i thought about that too...

it's possible that jack's profession as a doctor may be beneficial to the others... i mean, there's the issue of the quarantine/sickness and scientific experimentation that being a surgeon could surely help their cause... then again, if jack was so important, why would ben offer to take him "home" or back to the real world himself unless he's not as useful to their community as we make him out to be...

you never know with this show, so we'll just keep it an option...

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 01:39:03 AM »

i think Sayid has skills that would help the Others group  but  i agree Jacks  is more along the lines of what seems obvious and nothing has been obvious  so far

just not enough to go on yet  
but great question

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 01:40:09 AM »
Exactly. If they wanted his doctor skills, they would have asked for it when Jack asked what his assignment would be.

I think they need his leadership and the fact that the LOSTies look up to him. That way he gets his list and delivers them and goes home.

But he ain't gonna do it.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 01:49:34 AM »
They need Jack to remove a bullet from Colleen right now, if she makes it back in time and they can control the bleeding.

Maybe Ben knew this, but I don't think so.  I just think they will try to make him save her, and then Jack gets a bargaining chip.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 01:53:56 AM »

Wow, I'd hate to have that be the sum value of my life...

mindsparkle

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 04:13:54 AM »

Wow, I'd hate to have that be the sum value of my life...

I hope you understand that I was being sarcastic! 

mindsparkle

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 04:18:55 AM »

mindsparkle - i thought about that too...

it's possible that jack's profession as a doctor may be beneficial to the others... i mean, there's the issue of the quarantine/sickness and scientific experimentation that being a surgeon could surely help their cause... then again, if jack was so important, why would ben offer to take him "home" or back to the real world himself unless he's not as useful to their community as we make him out to be...

you never know with this show, so we'll just keep it an option...

I think that Jack is more up-to-date in his skills than they are, obviously they are not uncomfortable performing operations, they were going to take Claire's baby... I think they need to update their knowledge, skill sets, and maybe they have a special case and have already heard about Jack the miracle worker surgeon... it's not like they haven't survived thus far without Jack's help... I think they are self reliant but Jack is recognized for his particular skill with back surgeries...