Author Topic: Does anyone else think...  (Read 14755 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else think...
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 01:32:48 AM »
Alex said Karl wasn't supposed to be in the cage, not that Kate wasn't supposed to be there.

Offline kkehoe5

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 01:34:03 AM »
"you missed the election and your beloved Red Sox winning the series.  The entire world has moved on without you.  You father is finally dead, your marriage is dead, and you are not getting off this Godforsaken island.  BUT, if you behave we can make things work out."

Um did we ever find out why Jack's dad's casket was empty in season 1? Is he alive and runnig the Island?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 01:35:40 AM »
Oh, don't get them started, PLEASE!

Christian is dead.

Back to topic.

mindsparkle

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 03:04:52 AM »
I think they are trying to break their spirits, emotionally oppress them.... and they are using these two (because Kate said Sawyer's name first, Freudian slip that she likes Sawyer better) and they will play them off one another, they will keep each other in line... but I think our Others have underestimated Kate and Sawyer... they have fried bigger fish in their day and will over come this too... notice as they talk... they are making a plan, building their courage

Even if Benry is listening... they still underestimated these two...  Sawyer may well be aware that they are being listened too and watched... both Kate and Sawyer have always been aware of their environment and what's going on around them... it's Sawyer's craft and Kate's survival technique...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 09:48:07 AM »
I doubt they've fried any fish bigger than Dharma...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »
Oh, don't get them started, PLEASE!

Christian is dead.

Back to topic.

You are wrong JB and his father being alive is very important and with the redsox.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 11:10:51 AM »
I doubt they've fried any fish bigger than Dharma...

Not dharma but the reminants of what is behind. Only have to beat a few at the right time to escape/

Offline illtrickit

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 11:28:11 AM »
I was thinking the the idea of absoulut good and absolut evil are playing into the way the others aer keeping kate, jack and sawyer. the others have long maintained that "we are the GOOD guys".  And on seveel occations have made the point that there are bad people. Kate and Sawyer- Ana... umm there might be other ones, but these three killed at least one person each. I think that is why Kate and Sawyer anr being kept together. Not for mating, but for the studie of..... evil? of sociatal break down?.... i am not sure

But Jack is a "good" guy. So he is teated/ studied in a different way.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 11:58:48 AM »
The bad guys could be a different faction on the island or the big brother Dharma/Hanso

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 01:49:22 PM »
The bad guys could be a different faction on the island or the big brother Dharma/Hanso
Most likely the former. BUT the ones we know are the Good ones.

Offline lyrasdaemon

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »
 thought it was interesting that they had so many people there, even though a group left to go to the boat. Also, all of them were doing nothing.

Have you ever seen a road get repaired around New York City?  One guy working and twelve guys watching.  ;)

But really, I was wondering that too.  What is the purpose of the work and why are there so many Others hanging around?

Offline jdearmond

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 03:30:44 PM »
Remeber when Sayid told Sun he would keep 2 of the others? One to make the other one talk. That's just what they did with Sawyer and Kate. They even showed Benry listening in on them. I don't think they're necessarily trying to get them together, but they're aware of their attraction to each other and are using that to get them to do other things.

The gun Sawyer grabbed probably wasn't even loaded.

misspensinger

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »
I don't think the chain gang is there to have them mate. It is part of their plan to break their spirts. I think they were caught off guard by Sawyer. He is one bad a$$
Agreed!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 04:53:08 PM »
thought it was interesting that they had so many people there, even though a group left to go to the boat. Also, all of them were doing nothing.

Have you ever seen a road get repaired around New York City?  One guy working and twelve guys watching.  ;)

But really, I was wondering that too.  What is the purpose of the work and why are there so many Others hanging around?

I'm wondering that too.

Offline illtrickit

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 05:45:15 PM »
Remeber when Sayid told Sun he would keep 2 of the others? One to make the other one talk. That's just what they did with Sawyer and Kate. They even showed Benry listening in on them. I don't think they're necessarily trying to get them together, but they're aware of their attraction to each other and are using that to get them to do other things.

i had the same thought last night.