Author Topic: Does anyone else think...  (Read 10065 times)

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Does anyone else think...
« on: October 11, 2006, 11:38:21 PM »
...The Others are trying to get Kate and Sawyer to mate? The whole "chain gang" scenaro just seems like one big mating ritual based on human behavior, very choreographer, right down to allowing Sawyer to get control of a gun (certain that Juliet would be ready with hers).

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else think...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 11:42:13 PM »
I don't think the chain gang is there to have them mate. It is part of their plan to break their spirts. I think they were caught off guard by Sawyer. He is one bad a$$

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 11:42:42 PM »
Very possible, except the last part was unexpected (remember that Sawyer said "did you see the look on their faces?")

Check out some of the topics in Tale of 2 Cities.

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 11:43:19 PM »
I think I'm with jug on most of it, but I'll admit the idea that they are being "set up to fall in love through adversity" did cross my mind...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 11:43:36 PM »
I don't think the chain gang is there to have them mate. It is part of their plan to break their spirts. I think they were caught off guard by Sawyer. He is one bad a$$
Right. That's what I meant. Chain Gang was to break Sawyer. Kinda backfired a little, but they're getting to him.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 11:44:06 PM »
I think I'm with jug on most of it, but I'll admit the idea that they are being "set up to fall in love through adversity" did cross my mind...
Stop posting before I do! lol!

Is that a quote from something?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 11:46:25 PM »

I agree with the idea that they are being tested and see if they do fall for each other. I just think the chain gang was not for sexual reasons but more for breaking their spirits. It could shove them together because they are alone in this struggle.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 11:47:49 PM »
I thought it was interesting that they had so many people there, even though a group left to go to the boat. Also, all of them were doing nothing.

scrod

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 11:49:19 PM »
In a way, I agree, but I think they are pushing them together to get Jack.  They will show Jack on video them doing the horizontal hokey pokey and he will be putty in their hands.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »
Do you really think they'll do it right out in the open in their cages? Especially since they aren't even in the same cage?

I do think they are trying to get them to do something, but would it be easier if they put them in a cage together?

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 12:00:09 AM »
Is that a quote from something?

Heh, no, it's not a real quote from some famous book or anything.  I just put it in quotes because it's kind of a figure of speech and common plot scenario...

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 12:01:05 AM »
In a way, I agree, but I think they are pushing them together to get Jack.  They will show Jack on video them doing the horizontal hokey pokey and he will be putty in their hands.

Yowsers! I hadn't even considered that, scrod.... awesome thinking... and wouldn't that make an interesting scenario??

scrod

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 12:06:55 AM »
Sorry to thread-jack, but when I hear Ben say "home is on the other side of the glass"  I am thinking that they are pulling Jack into their little group. 
What Ben did to him was in essence, "you missed the election and your beloved Red Sox winning the series.  The entire world has moved on without you.  You father is finally dead, your marriage is dead, and you are not getting off this Godforsaken island.  BUT, if you behave we can make things work out."

They have assimilated Alex, possibly additional people. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 12:07:49 AM »
Do you really think they'll do it right out in the open in their cages? Especially since they aren't even in the same cage?

I do think they are trying to get them to do something, but would it be easier if they put them in a cage together?

JB it is time you have a talk with someone. I gave you this advice before. For two people to have sexual intercourse they would have to be in the same room (cage in this case)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 12:08:27 AM »
Sorry to thread-jack, but when I hear Ben say "home is on the other side of the glass"  I am thinking that they are pulling Jack into their little group. 
What Ben did to him was in essence, "you missed the election and your beloved Red Sox winning the series.  The entire world has moved on without you.  You father is finally dead, your marriage is dead, and you are not getting off this Godforsaken island.  BUT, if you behave we can make things work out."

They have assimilated Alex, possibly additional people. 

THis is how I saw that scene also.