Author Topic: The Kiss was worth it  (Read 7648 times)

misspensinger

Re: The Kiss was worth it
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 02:25:39 PM »
No, I don't think that they will break Sawyer, but they'll try very hard.

But I also realize that our LOSTies are just people. Sawyer tries to read people, but he's made some big miistakes in his past in reading people. I don't doubt that he can make another.
Such as?
I can't believe how much faith you place in them. See my previous post.
How can I miss them ::) ;)  They are the stars of the show sweetie, they are the protagonist. :)  Not the antagonist like the Others ;)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »
He made a mistake when he was conning the second girl, he made a mistake when he shot the shrimp guy etc...

misspensinger

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 02:30:31 PM »
He got emotionally involved, that's all.  He let's his heart get in the way.  Right vs. Wrong.  It won't happen with the others.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
I can't believe how much faith you place in them. See my previous post.
which one of the 200 plus previous posts in the last 18 hours are you refering to JB

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 02:33:20 PM »
The one in this thread.

Offline Sara

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 02:39:57 PM »
I agree that Sawyer was trying to size up the fighting ability of the others, but that seeing Kate look so spent didn't hurt his manly urges any either!

The way that Sawyer keeps looking at Juliet makes me wonder if they know each other.  The way she called him James, and Kate asking about it, seems to me like they are trying to make a point.  Although I know they KNOW everyone's names anyway...

Was the kiss somehow also intended to get a rise out of Juliet?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 02:41:12 PM »
I don't know about James knowing Juliet. Possibly she's one of his cons, but who knows.

misspensinger

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 03:00:02 PM »
I noticed in the last epi that the way they looked at each other was an acknowledgement it seemed.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 11:57:48 PM »
I agree that I noticed the tender moment when he looked at Kate and saw how broken she was and wanted to express something.  I noticed that as soon as this thought came into his head he looked over at the others and realized he could kill 2 birds with one stone.  He might have expected a little more out of Kate during the fight.  He explained why he did it to Kate so we don't have to read into it that much.

I agree with Dubplate, that he wasn't falling for Juliet's good cop routine, he has been in that situation too many times before.

JB, the Others #1 fan, they will not break Sawyer.  Sawyer has one of the strongest will of the whole group.  He can read people better than most of our other losties.  That is his job.  It suprises me how little faith you have in our losties actually.
Was the kiss worth it?  ABSOLUTELY, looked hot!  Wishing I was Kate right now ;D

could not have said it better myself

well said alwqays lost and we found out juilet cold would have shot kate sawyer knows people