Author Topic: The Kiss was worth it  (Read 7647 times)

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: The Kiss was worth it
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »
I just watched this scene again. Seems apparent to me that his initial reason was just watching Kate -- who looked particularly downtrodden and defeated right at that moment -- and wanting to make her feel better any way he could. With all the bonds that develop in a situation like this, a kiss was the most natural way to do that. If he'd had the water, he might have given her that instead.

But, his look was sadness and pity for Kate looking so tired and bedraggled.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 01:18:06 AM »
That's what I thought... he was guilty he dumped out the water.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 01:29:16 AM »
hahaha... sawyer called kate strawberry "shortcake"...

i've been waiting for them to kiss forever... but i agree with austruck that sawyer probably felt bad about wasting the water... his observations of the others' prowess might have served as an alterior motive, but c'mon, what guy would've resisted kissing kate given the circumstances... fish biscuit breath and all...

anyway, i thought it was a sincere and sweet kiss...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 01:33:27 AM »
Not like the ones he tries to pass over on his con victims.

mindsparkle

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 03:12:11 AM »
I think he felt bad for dumping the water out in defiance when he saw Kate so tired and thristy and worn down...

and it pissed him off, so he did the one thing that would make him and Kate feel better, he kissed her passionately, to let her know she was important to him and that he cared... he also did it defiantly...

spilled water is one thing but try is on... you scummy others... 

I was just surprised that Kate didn't get into the action, she's usually more of a fighter... she is getting done in, run down and Sawyer if seeing and feeling it for her...

Offline Dubplate

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 09:59:28 AM »
Right, but the OTHERS are smarter and have more firepower. Sawyer won't get away too easily.

Sawyer will play all the cards that he's dealt. He's already seen a relationship between Pickett, the man that's treated him like dirt, and Colleen. He'll use that to his advantage.

Also, I think he spilled out the water because he's on to Juliet. The "good cop, bad cop" routine won't work so easily on a con man.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 12:26:49 PM »
They won't break Sawyer.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 12:47:35 PM »
I think it was  just like Juggy said 
it all had to do with gathering intel on the others
watch sawyers expression
he knew it would draw the others to attack

he now knows the strengths and weakness of the others holding them
 and it doesnot matter that Ben was listening
it is not like he is not expecting some kind of escape plan  and sawyer did not say anything that had details of a plan
just  that
now we wait for them to make a mistake

as to kate not fighting more

she was visibly exhausted from the labor of the day
but  i also think there is a threat hanging over her head that is holding her back from acting

oh  and YES the kiss was totally worth it 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 12:49:55 PM by Demra »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 01:58:09 PM »
They won't break Sawyer.
They'll try hard to, though. They know his weakness, and it is Kate. They also know that Kate's weakness is Sawyer.

misspensinger

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 02:12:07 PM »
I agree that I noticed the tender moment when he looked at Kate and saw how broken she was and wanted to express something.  I noticed that as soon as this thought came into his head he looked over at the others and realized he could kill 2 birds with one stone.  He might have expected a little more out of Kate during the fight.  He explained why he did it to Kate so we don't have to read into it that much.

I agree with Dubplate, that he wasn't falling for Juliet's good cop routine, he has been in that situation too many times before.

JB, the Others #1 fan, they will not break Sawyer.  Sawyer has one of the strongest will of the whole group.  He can read people better than most of our other losties.  That is his job.  It suprises me how little faith you have in our losties actually.

Was the kiss worth it?  ABSOLUTELY, looked hot!  Wishing I was Kate right now ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 02:19:58 PM »
No, I don't think that they will break Sawyer, but they'll try very hard.

But I also realize that our LOSTies are just people. Sawyer tries to read people, but he's made some big miistakes in his past in reading people. I don't doubt that he can make another.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »
I agree that I noticed the tender moment when he looked at Kate and saw how broken she was and wanted to express something.  I noticed that as soon as this thought came into his head he looked over at the others and realized he could kill 2 birds with one stone.  He might have expected a little more out of Kate during the fight.  He explained why he did it to Kate so we don't have to read into it that much.

I agree with Dubplate, that he wasn't falling for Juliet's good cop routine, he has been in that situation too many times before.

JB, the Others #1 fan, they will not break Sawyer.  Sawyer has one of the strongest will of the whole group.  He can read people better than most of our other losties.  That is his job.  It suprises me how little faith you have in our losties actually.
Was the kiss worth it?  ABSOLUTELY, looked hot!  Wishing I was Kate right now ;D

could not have said it better myself

BlackrockBob

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 02:22:21 PM »
You know, I wouldn't put it past Sawyer and Kate to have cooked up this whole weakness thing ahead of time. Yes they both like each other, and are very attracted to each other, but their caring for each other is just seems too obvious.

But, I'm not a hopeless romantic.

And yes, I'd have taken a few punches and being shocked to kiss her too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 02:24:01 PM by BlackrockBob »

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 02:22:59 PM »
I can't believe how much faith you place in them. See my previous post.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 02:23:49 PM »
You know, I wouldn't put it past Sawyer and Kate to have cooked up this whole weakness thing ahead of time. Yes they both like each other, and are very attracted to each other, but their caring for each other is just seems too obvious.

But, I'm not a hopeless romantic.

ummm... I kinda doubt it. They are lovey dovey now. It wasn't a pre-conceived plan to have each other as their weakness..