Author Topic: Return Of Hurley Bird?  (Read 4467 times)

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Return Of Hurley Bird?
« on: May 26, 2006, 06:27:38 PM »
What is with this bird? It was first seen in Season 1 and now it's screaming Hurley's name? In that first apperance, did it scream "Jack"? Bit confuzed here, whatever info would be great.

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Return Of Hurley Bird?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 06:43:12 PM »
Hi Sam, check Index files, I just made an entry for Bird (Hurley's). 

In short, it's mostly an inside joke by the writers, Damon & Carlton just said in their podcast that they thought it was funny people thought that in "Exodus" people online thought the bird was strange and said "Hurley", so they brought it back by popular request.

Offline sam_i_am

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »
I have another thought on this bird. Is it the bringer of bad luck? Don't get to ticed off if these facts are wrong, but i think right after Jack saw the bird the first time, he got jumped by Ethan. Hurley sees it again, and they get shot down by the others 10 min later. Just a thought, I can't really say I beleive it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 08:17:01 PM by sam_i_am »

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:18:45 PM »
sam I would never get ticked off at your opinion, plus I don't think any of us know a pure "wrong" when it comes to some of our guesses about what is going through the writers' heads.  :)

Also, I think that's very possible.  It's TV drama, after all and they'll use plot devices... a lot of people have commented on the times when it rains on the show being a harbinger of violence to come.

Offline psychoag98

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 01:14:59 AM »
Speaking of, after Season 1 seemed like monsoon season, it sure hasn't rained in a while... ;)

Offline andersinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 05:47:41 AM »
Global warming for you mate  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 12:59:09 AM »
Hi Sam, check Index files, I just made an entry for Bird (Hurley's). 

In short, it's mostly an inside joke by the writers, Damon & Carlton just said in their podcast that they thought it was funny people thought that in "Exodus" people online thought the bird was strange and said "Hurley", so they brought it back by popular request.
They jsut live their inside little jokes.they ought to be careful toomany of them will detract from waht's really going on.

Offline Wojodojo

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »
When di dit happen in season 1 and i no for sure that he said hurley 2 times because i had the cc on.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
When di dit happen in season 1 and i no for sure that he said hurley 2 times because i had the cc on.
Yeah, it said Hurley, but we may have been hearing it from Hurley's point of view.

TPTB have confirmed that it was a joke :(