Author Topic: Eyes  (Read 5588 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Eyes
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:54:26 PM »
Ok, why were everyone's eyes brown!

Ben's eyes were brown, they were blue in season 2.

Kates eyes were brown as well, they changed from blue and green in season 2. And BTW, she looks so HOT with brown eyes. She looked the best ever in this episode than ever, and I'm thinking it was her eyes.

But I noticed that everyone's eyes are dark on the others' side of the island and that their eyes are light at the crash site of the island.

This could be foreshadowing that this is all some sort of game, with one side being light and dark.

And the vaccine is a deeper topic, I think that messes with their thinking somehow. I haven't figured it out yet.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Eyes
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:20:52 AM »
Dude you are completely right.

I idolize you!

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:48:48 AM »
Lost party of one  your table is ready 

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 12:51:08 AM »
Lost party of one  your table is ready 

I'm starting to feel like Jin, speaking a language of my own.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:16:08 AM »
i know it has been discussed in a different thread  but i did not follow the convos  so i have no idea if anything was proven or disproved

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 05:16:17 AM »
Ok, why were everyone's eyes brown!

Ben's eyes were brown, they were blue in season 2.

Kates eyes were brown as well, they changed from blue and green in season 2. And BTW, she looks so HOT with brown eyes. She looked the best ever in this episode than ever, and I'm thinking it was her eyes.

But I noticed that everyone's eyes are dark on the others' side of the island and that their eyes are light at the crash site of the island.

This could be foreshadowing that this is all some sort of game, with one side being light and dark.

And the vaccine is a deeper topic, I think that messes with their thinking somehow. I haven't figured it out yet.

Des 8 has a whole theory on eye color changing she is gonna love this post of yours.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 07:25:43 AM »
Juliette's eye was blue in the opening shot.  On my screen Ben's eyes were light blue-gray.

Offline sawyersgirl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:54:42 PM »
I think you may be onto something with the eye color.  All the ad's for season three are collages of the main characters eyes too. 

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 03:49:26 PM »
des 8 where are you this is your big theory.... ;D ;D

Offline bayrodney

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 12:50:29 AM »
Could it just be the lighting? and a coincidence?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 12:58:06 AM »
GJ:
LOL thanks... and yes, it's been my theory since the moment I first saw not only the S3 promo poster, but I also posted a long time ago about changing eye color back in S1 when Ethan's eyes changed to blue in the jungle--as did Charlie's.

While I don't have the reason why worked out yet, the eyes are definitely changing color, depending on where they are.  This also led down the path to my initial Desmond two hatch theory--and I'm still not convinced in the S3 premiere we weren't seeing two dual scenes of Juliette.

It is interesting to note that when Juliette burns her hand on the muffin pan in the stove in the opening sequence, she looks up and her eyes are DARK brown.  Is it anger that makes their eyes change color or is it something else?

As for Jack, his eyes change color during this epi as well from the green/blue to brown, then back again.

Here is a link to my overall observations re: eye color

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=2359.0

No, it is not a production error, nor was it in the promo poster, but a clue, although others do not agree.  ABC didn't spend a gazillion $ on this show in which they pay very strict attention to most every detail to have an "art error" on the promo poster, nor in post production in putting out the final product to air on television.

just my opinion, and nice catch, mindsparkle.
green-eyed cheers
*Des8

mindsparkle

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 02:03:46 AM »
I never look at eyes... I look at people's mouths... I can tell you all about their different teeth... how odd... I'll have to pay more attention!  Very insightful and interesting.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 06:31:46 PM »
Hello all - I'm just a newbie and it's taken me days to read all the theories. Been watching lost from the start but just watched first epi of season 3 and want MORE MORE MORE.....

On the subject of eyes - in the first series there always seemed to be a closeup of the someones eyes at the start and it would be their back story that was shown that episode - didn't notice it in series 2 but just wondered if anyone else had picked up on this?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 06:46:58 PM »
Hello all - I'm just a newbie and it's taken me days to read all the theories. Been watching lost from the start but just watched first epi of season 3 and want MORE MORE MORE.....

On the subject of eyes - in the first series there always seemed to be a closeup of the someones eyes at the start and it would be their back story that was shown that episode - didn't notice it in series 2 but just wondered if anyone else had picked up on this?

Hiya Wish and welcome!
Yes, in S1 and 2 both, most epis opened with an eye, that being of the Lostie's perspective, whether it be his/her backstory or observations on the island.

cheers
*Des8

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 04:53:48 PM »
Ben's eyes were brown, they were blue in season 2

Umm... I might be color blind, but I'm quite sure that these are not brown eyes:

Kate's eyes also look just the same as they always did:

Sawyer's eyes, also, are still light-colored:

back in S1 when Ethan's eyes changed to blue in the jungle--as did Charlie's

I'm quite certain that Charlie's eyes have always been blue.

I will admit, I was initially intrigued by this eye color theory, but when I went checking, none of the claims people made seemed to be accurate.