Author Topic: Clues in 9/27 recap show?  (Read 14489 times)

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Clues in 9/27 recap show?
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2006, 01:07:06 AM »
i thougth it was time travel that was put to rest just like cloning ?

Demra:

I didn't say time travel, I said time manipulation, as in a linear sense.  It's one of those "exactly the same only entirely different" ideas.  Time travel means one can move within demensions of time... time manipulation means that perhaps you can have two people performing the same tasks at different points in time, but appear to be doing the same at the exact same time--or another.

Make sense?  How are you btw?

cheers
*Des8

PS) if you answer this query at this time, it may be answered in a linear time, so after the beep, please leave a message.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2006, 01:15:14 AM »
oh  Des sorry for th econfusion
i  completely understood what you were saying ( not sure about the ther=ory yet  except that time may not move at the same rate on the island as off the island )  i was saying that i thought time travel had been squashed  in responce to juggys post about him pushing time theories until everyone was saying no more 
i am doing fine btw
and the disharmonious time is over as far as i am concerned  i replyed to a post in  a manner that is not my usual manner
he asked and i answered  it is all good ;D

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2006, 01:53:03 AM »
oh  Des sorry for th econfusion
i  completely understood what you were saying ( not sure about the ther=ory yet  except that time may not move at the same rate on the island as off the island )  i was saying that i thought time travel had been squashed  in responce to juggys post about him pushing time theories until everyone was saying no more 
i am doing fine btw
and the disharmonious time is over as far as i am concerned  i replyed to a post in  a manner that is not my usual manner
he asked and i answered  it is all good ;D

Demra:
you silly goose...everyone's just excited for the S3 premiere... no harm, no foul!  I was actually  just adding a little levity to the convo.

cheers
*Des8

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2006, 01:55:29 AM »
hey that is my job   hehehehehe

i really cant wait till wednesday

;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »
No time travel, but still believe in some time manipulation. people in the same place but at differnt times.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2006, 10:39:57 AM »
No time travel, but still believe in some time manipulation. people in the same place but at differnt times.

Amen, brothah   ;D
detention cheers
*Des8

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2006, 10:53:45 AM »
Yes I got a brotha!!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2006, 11:09:01 AM »
you paid a lot closer attention than i did!!  for the most part i agree with you, here are some of my thoughts:
I think we gained an entirely different perspective, perspective being the word of choice that GJ and I have agreed upon since day 1, but perspective for the recap epi, here we go:

The mere fact that Fenry narrates the show is fab...and the reason I think this is great is because the recap is given to us from his perspective. (which was the biggest clue of all)
agree, much different perspective.  so because of this is fenry's perspective, does that mean the others have been listening in on our losties?  do they really know what has been going on?

"Locke lost his faith"
the Losties were "brought together by something they could not at the time understand."  very importantagree, i hope that maybe this season they will at least BEGIN to understand, or at least we will

"they were from all walks of life"  "each with different priorities"  cut to Sawyer telling Kate re: Jack "the differences between us aint that big."  which is probably right.eact with different priorities, but one goal, to leave austrailia and get to LA.  and the more we watch the more we see their paths intertwined.  

"Locke lost his faith" was a recurring theme throughout the recap.
"The Others are there to preserve their way of life"

Fenry also made a point to mention the "line in the sand" that MrFriendly drew, and pointed it out to be a literal translation, punctuating it by showing later a clip of Miss Klugh telling Michael, "we can't get our leader back, but YOU can."  I took that to mean that TheOthers literally couldn't cross that line in the sand, but Michael could.  It makes sense; why wouldn't TheOthers just go and get Kate, Jack and Sawyer if they wanted them from our Losties' camp?  Because they couldn't cross that line.i agree here too, for whatever reason, they cannot cross that LINE, i'm anxious to find out why, and to see if our losties will realize that the line is REAL, and they can do what they want, on their side.  

Fenry also mentions "both had something to protect" in reference to our Losties AND TheOthers.

Fenry also includes Rousseau as "a survivor" so he considers her to be a survivor...not just some lunatic run amok on the Island.

Miss Klugh tells Hurley "go home, ..." and it is punctuated later in the recap by showing the clip of Fenry telling Hurley his friends "are coming home with us"i noticed all the home references too, where is home?  do the others really consider the island home?  do they not want to go anywhere else?  i guess i just don't understand that about them.  i don't understand how they can just BE on the island, without wanting to go HOME (meaning the outside world)

ALSO, JUST TO POINT OUT THAT I THINK I WAS RIGHT WHEN YOU ALL RIDICULED ME FOR THIS IDEA:  The innocuous clip of Sun taking her pregnancy test while asking Kate, "have you ever taken one before?" is a clue as to Kate has a child out there somewhere.  Is the kid on the Island?  I don't know, but I stick by my idea that she's got a kid out there somewhere in the world.
my first thoughts on this (way back when it was first posted) was that you are crazy.  well, now i know you are crazy, but i'm afraid it is rubbing off.  i think kate just might have a child.  could it be the love child with her first love?  maybe it was given up for adoption?  this could be an interesting story.  i haven't quite jumped on the bandwagon  of the child being on the island, i think there MIGHT be a child.  kudos for you for chaninging my mind!!  

One of the most eerie reminders of something I posted was another somewhat innocuous scene that was shown to us for a reason, and that was when Fenry asks Locke after the Lockdown "What was THAT?" and his voice is exactly that of Desmond's.now i'm going to have to go back and listen to his voice.

For those of you who balked at the idea of differences in time on the island, we were also shown another forgettable scene when Sayid picks up Glen Miller on the transciever and Hurley tells Sayid, "or another time."  This wasn't a mistake to include it in the recap--lending further credence to my hatch/difference in timeline theory.i'm still trying to figure out the whole time difference thing.  the writers said nothing is scientifically impossible, so i'm just trying to wrestle the time difference theory in my mind and how it can work out scientifically.

When Michael told AnaLucia in the hatch "they're ANIMALS," to get her to turn over her gun, he used the exact same words she used to Michael in the jungle to get him to shut his big piehole--in fear that TheOthers would hear them.  Looks like she was right.  Michael wasn't smart enough to turn her own words against her to get what he wanted--he was given a script to use, I believe, and it worked.

Random Thoughts:

Michael to Walt "we're going home."  home is the theme.. but where is home?
Miss Klugh called Hurley "Hugo," which very few people know is his given name.  No way they could've known that unless they were listening in.

In final, Fenry describes the Island as "an opportunity"... whatever the hell that means.i think it is an opportunity for any of these people to start over.  these losties all had "baggage" and things haunting them from their past, the island was a way to rid themselves of the baggage and forget the past.

Like I said, I think the recap gave us many clues, and particularly because the story was told from Fenry's perspective.  That's why Shannon/Boone/Hurley/Claire/etc's backstories weren't included.  TheOthers aren't interested in them--Claire perhaps because of the baby, but for the most part, the survivors who were highlighted are of interest to TheOthers.
so i ask again, could fenry and the others hear or see what the losties have been doing this whole time?  did they really KNOW about what was going on, or was fenry just narrating to give us another perspective?
Flame away---I'll enjoy reading.
no flames here, all love!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:10:48 AM by Ladybug »

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »
Just had a flash on why they could not cross the " line " maybe it had to do with the button and that is why Fenry wanted Locke to stop pushing the button

could be nothing  it just popped into my head

;D

Jungle otter

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »
Just had a flash on why they could not cross the " line " maybe it had to do with the button and that is why Fenry wanted Locke to stop pushing the button

could be nothing  it just popped into my head

;D

Here's what I was thinking about the necessity to push the button...what if it wasn't the Others that were being held at bay, but the "Entity/Security device"? With the Swan Station "destroyed" it could be that now the entity has free reign over the island....what do you think?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »
and by pushing the button  it ket the smoke monster on only one side of the island ?

if that is the case why would Fenry want to Locke to stop pushing the button ?

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2006, 11:54:55 AM »
Demra and JungleO:

Great questions.  I do think Fenry didn't want the button pushed--that's why he was playing the headgames with Locke.  If you recall, on the pier, Fenry didn't look angry or surprised at all at the purple sky or sound after the failsafe was pushed... it was almost one of those "hmmmmmmm" looks, as if to say "good, game on."

For LadyB:
That is a great question about Fenry and TheOthers listening in... I think they were.  I still believe Smokey is a tool for them.  I'm not sure if you read my posts before about Smokey or the Whispers, but it is my belief that Smokey has appeared to each in various forms and downloaded their memories, hence the whispers about things no one else could've known about--for instance, Sawyer--when he "shot the wrong man" and hearing the whispers relaying Frank Duckett's last words "it'll all come back around."  It was also interesting to note that during Fenry's narrative, he described Saywer as having "shot the wrong man," something he or anyone else on the Island couldn't have known unless they were looking into his memory.

As far as Kate goes, I said it was a possibility her child was on the Island, but not necessarily so.  It could be out there somewhere, but after having watched the recap, I'm certain she does have a child--and I'm in the camp that it could be her childhood love's lovechild.  Then again, maybe she met Kelvin in another life and it's his.  Who knows?  But she's got a kid out there somewhere, I believe.

OOOOoooooooo, I love it when we actually delve into an epi like this.  Your ideas, all, are wonderful and definitely food for thought.

cheers
*Des8
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:57:38 AM by Desmond8MyPopRocks »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »
Iam in full agreement with smokie down loading memories. That is how they know so much about our losties past.

mindsparkle

« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2006, 04:52:37 PM »

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 08:50:34 PM
   Reply with quoteQuote
I hope someone out there can explain this one to me.  Fhenry said to AnaLucia (while trying to choke her) "You killed two of our people.  They were good people who were leaving you alone!" or words to that effect.

Who were the two good people who were leaving her alone?  She killed an Other on the beach the first night.  Goodwin was an Other, but was he leaving her alone?  She only killed him when he took a flying leap at her and he fell onto her pointed stick.  If he hadn't tried to jump on her he'd still be alive, maybe.  Who else?  She killed Shannon, too.  Shannon was leaving her alone, but was she an Other?

So my question is, who was Fhenry talking about?

------------------------------------------0----------------------------------

I think Henry said they weren't bothering you because they weren't after her, she was a bad one and he doesn't know what transpired between Goodwin and Anna... Henry thought she was bad to the core!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2006, 05:01:11 PM »
Yeah I agree with Mindsparkle. In his mind they were leaving Anna alone. It goes to that whole good guy bad guy arguement with you know who.

I believe Anna was justified in these situations because she was protecting the people in camp when she killed the first other. (they were the one sneeking in and grabbing people-which is not ok at all)
And Goodwin was jumping on her when she stabbed him with the spear. To anna she was protecting people, to Fenry she was interfering with their work.