Author Topic: The Shark  (Read 2824 times)

Offline RedDevils

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
The Shark
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:55:21 AM »
Naturally now with Season 2 on DVD I am pausing everything to double check...having recently rewatched this episode, the main question on my mind is the shark.  Others within the forum have mentioned this shark...however, I think the most interesting thing is not only the Darma mark on the fin...but the mark is that of the Arrow...the Darma hatch the the tail end hides in their first days on the island.  Could this be where animal testing was done on the island?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: The Shark
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 01:03:19 PM »
interesting find 

i willhave to go and look at thatscene

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:14:46 PM »
Hmm... so is your theory that the Arrow logo is sideways on the shark?  I guess anything's possible... though I personally think it is just the generic logo that says DHARMA, but it is so blurry it looks like a line... (BTW, we do have the freezeframe screencaps in Investigations of this site... both for Season 2 and Season 3... if you want to take a closer look)

RedDevils, welcome to the SWLS forum, pull up a seat and say hello in the Community Lounge if you want. :)

Offline quick127

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure it would have to be a generic "DHARMA" logo going across the shark.  Given the nature of the Hydra station - bear pens (a logical location for the polar bears) and the giant underground aquarium, where Jack was kept... I would have to say that this is the likely location of the shark.

The Hydra was the animal research facility.

As to the Arrow... I don't remember too many details as to the nature of that station... but I remember it being fairly sparse.  Unless there was a lot more to it that wasn't shown... I don't see how it could house aquatic life.