Author Topic: Hunt 2-6  (Read 19731 times)

Offline scullyag

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Hunt 2-6
« on: July 26, 2006, 11:02:47 PM »
I take it we're experiencing technical difficulties....or maybe it's just me  :(

Sorry Sledge if there are problems....it's probably best for me anyway as I should be working  :'(

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
HUNT 2-6
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »
Well, it figures that the server is back online right after HUNT-6 was suppose to begin. Because the site was down at 9pm, and some people may have tried to access the site and given up, Hunt 2-6 will be delayed until next Wednesay.

The server was down this morning for scheduled maintenance, and was suppose to be back online at 4am. I notified my host about 9am that the site was still down, and they replied at noon to say they were looking into it. Then, at 9:09pm I get an email saying they are escalating the problem to higher levels. At 9:46pm the site was back up, and I got the following email:

Hi Ben, sorry for this downtime. We faced some strange Kernel bug here but I found a workaround and everything is back to normal and stable.

Stupid Kernel Bugs... anywho, sorry for the down time and the delayed hunt.

Offline Evilrabbit

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt 2-6
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 11:03:39 PM »
Is there no hunt this week or is it just late?

ETA: Never Mind.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT 2-6
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:07:17 PM »
Well, it figures that the server is back online right after HUNT-6 was suppose to begin. Because the site was down at 9pm, and some people may have tried to access the site and given up, Hunt 2-6 will be delayed until next Wednesay.

Noooooooo! Next week? Stupid crashes.

To express my frustration, I quote Capt. Kirk in Star Trek II "Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!"

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »
"I spit my last breathhhh........at ......thee!"

Here's the funny thing.  I spent about 10 minutes convinced that the site being down was part of this weeks hunt!!!   :-[

Offline mel801

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
Awwww come on now, Sledge.  Do you really have that little faith in us?  You should know that we have all been sitting here since 8:59 hitting  *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* every 20 seconds.  We would never give up and walk away just because of a little error message.  Now instead of having to sit here waiting for 46 minutes, I have to sit here for 9997 minutes.  Ugghh  :'( 

I appreciate your desire for fairness, but it's going to be a long week without my lost "fix"!  ;)

Here's the funny thing.  I spent about 10 minutes convinced that the site being down was part of this weeks hunt!!!   :-[
HAHAHA!!!  Me too!!!!

Offline lauren27

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 11:34:16 PM »
Here's the funny thing.  I spent about 10 minutes convinced that the site being down was part of this weeks hunt!!!   :-[

well its good to know i wasnt the only one doing that.  i thought it was too unlikely that the site would go down on a wednesday.   

my parents have also been wondering why i've been sitting here refreshing and staring at a blank page for an hour.

its too bad about the site being down and the hunt.  oh well, 7 more days..

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 11:36:37 PM »

well its good to know i wasnt the only one doing that.  i thought it was too unlikely that the site would go down on a wednesday.   

my parents have also been wondering why i've been sitting here refreshing and staring at a blank page for an hour.

its too bad about the site being down and the hunt.  oh well, 7 more days..

Oh there were many of us thinking the same thing. I mean, he did do that "error" trick last year.

Although, perhaps the hunt is on, and we just havn't figured out the first clue lol

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 11:39:58 PM »
LOL I think you just did this cause you didn't have a hunt ready ;) j/k

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:35:14 AM »

Yeah, I was expecting the site to all of a sudden be back up and running at approximately 9 p.m., and then it was going to be an intricate HUNT with all sorts of clues on the site.

Offline laomaktk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 08:19:49 AM »
My husband asked me if I was sure it wasn't part of the hunt too.

I hit refresh for a while too.  I had to entertain myself with the rest of the internet for an evening, can't wait for next week.

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 09:07:50 AM »
I remember the error trick last year also. I'm not doing good this year so maybe this delay will help.

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »
Darn - 7 day delay.  I was hoping for 24  hr delay but I'll live.  barely

Offline lauren27

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 10:14:43 AM »
Darn - 7 day delay.  I was hoping for 24  hr delay but I'll live.  barely

is it possible for us to have the hunt on thursday this week? 

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 10:19:12 AM »
Sorry guys, I tried to contact a few folks after Sledge told me this, but I didn't have everyone's contacts.  I tried to put the announcement on my myspace profile, since a few people were PMing me there... maybe if it happens again, try checking there.