Author Topic: John Locke Trapped  (Read 7842 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: John Locke Trapped
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »
In addition, the shorted out lockdown must be done from the dome.  If I remember correctly, there was NO ONE else in the hatch during the real lockdown which is why Fenry had to crawl through the shaft to get to the dome and push the button.

Exactly! I miss Tara's avatar.

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 06:28:38 PM »
I have to agree on the point that it was an "official" lockdown and not caused by shorting the system, and I think mostly likely that you are right that the lockdown occurred during the food drop, but there is one thing about it all that doesn't have me quite convinced and that's the idea that the black lights only come on during a real lockdown. I tend to believe that Fenry activated the black lights. Here's why... Fenry went through the shaft into the dome. The timer hit zero and the humming started. Then Fenry apparently pushed the button. The humming stopped and then the black lights came on. I think Fenry new about the map... perhaps the others watching from the Pearl. I think he wanted John to see the map. He wanted John to think about the map and eventually find the Pearl... where John would see the orientation video and lose faith in pushing the button...

I believe that the others know all about everything involved with the hatches... Tom in Hunting Party- "When you go to a man's house for the first time, do you take your shoes off, put your feet up on the coffee table. Go into his kitchen and eat his food. Open the doors to rooms you got no business opening (looking directly at Locke on that last statement)" Whether they are DHARMA related or not, the others know what's going on in the hatches. I tend to believe they are DHARMA related, and that by John's going into the hatch he caused a major upset in the operation there...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »
i agree button pusher.  (to an extent)  i too think dharma knows EVERYTHING that has gone on in the hatches.  BUT i don't think fenry turned the lights on.  i like the idea that the lights came on to sanitize the hatches.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »
I agree button pussher withever point you made except that the foodropwas real therefore the black lights came on to as Lady bug santize, but santize te poeple who went outside to get the food.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 07:27:44 PM »
I agree button pussher withever point you made except that the foodropwas real therefore the black lights came on to as Lady bug santize, but santize te poeple who went outside to get the food.

I like the sanitization idea.

cheers
*Des8

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 07:54:43 PM »
I hadn't thought a whole lot on the sanitization idea, and it does make sense... except for the timing... if it was meant to sanitize them after going out to collect the food, then why did they come on for 10 seconds before the doors went up... they would have been locked in and not able to go collect the food at that point... I'm not discounting the idea, I'm just trying to put it all together... don't hate me... PLEASE! 

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 08:45:35 PM »
I hadn't thought a whole lot on the sanitization idea, and it does make sense... except for the timing... if it was meant to sanitize them after going out to collect the food, then why did they come on for 10 seconds before the doors went up... they would have been locked in and not able to go collect the food at that point... I'm not discounting the idea, I'm just trying to put it all together... don't hate me... PLEASE! 

No, no, nobody hates you; you raise excellent points.  Perhaps it is some sort of quick sanitization before you go outside?  Now that you bring that point up, it still makes sense that the Lockdown occurs when the food drop takes place so there's no shooting down a plane, balloon etc., to get off the island, considering their firepower in the Swan Hatch.

great point there.  thanks for that.
cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 01:44:57 AM »

No, no, nobody hates you; you raise excellent points.  Perhaps it is some sort of quick sanitization before you go outside?  Now that you bring that point up, it still makes sense that the Lockdown occurs when the food drop takes place so there's no shooting down a plane, balloon etc., to get off the island, considering their firepower in the Swan Hatch.

great point there.  thanks for that.
cheers
*Des8
no one hates  :) :)you you'll find onthis board we are like a family and we agree to disagree, but you are righg was done for when they came back.KUDOS :) :)

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »
Oh, I know... I like the debate.

I'm still pondering this... just rewatched Lockdown, and the one question I have now is why didn't John just use the air ducts to get back to the dome instead of risking all that trouble and letting Fenry out... I guess it just wouldn't have made for such a good story.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 05:08:51 AM »
Oh, I know... I like the debate.

I'm still pondering this... just rewatched Lockdown, and the one question I have now is why didn't John just use the air ducts to get back to the dome instead of risking all that trouble and letting Fenry out... I guess it just wouldn't have made for such a good story.
Perhaps he had faith in Fenry...

cheers
*Des8

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 11:13:05 AM »
Need someone to confirm or discount this for me... I rewatched Live Together, Die Alone. Desmond and Locke are in the dome. Desmond becomes convinced that the button needs to be pushed. Locke destroys the computer. Desmond shorts the wires out again to open the blast doors so he can get to the failsafe. They show a shot of Locke as the doors are opening. Is it my imagination, or is it suddenly darker where he is and can you see that the blacklights are on behind him? I'm all but convinced that they are, I just would like someone else to confirm it. This would be the only other instance in the show that we see the blast doors open.

Offline button pusher

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 11:38:55 AM »
Adding 2 screen captures.

This one as Desmond is running to open the blast doors

This one just after he shorts the wires to abort lockdown

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
Need someone to confirm or discount this for me... I rewatched Live Together, Die Alone. Desmond and Locke are in the dome. Desmond becomes convinced that the button needs to be pushed. Locke destroys the computer. Desmond shorts the wires out again to open the blast doors so he can get to the failsafe. They show a shot of Locke as the doors are opening. Is it my imagination, or is it suddenly darker where he is and can you see that the blacklights are on behind him? I'm all but convinced that they are, I just would like someone else to confirm it. This would be the only other instance in the show that we see the blast doors open.
The black lights never come on only came on in epsidoe Lockdown when food dropwas made only time.

Offline RedDevils

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 11:37:19 PM »
On board with the whole food drop activating the lock down...do we think this was timed by a computer, or someone had to manually activate the lockdown before the food drop occured...maybe from the airplane that the food was dropped from?  If that could have happened, that means someone somewhere could have ultimate control about what happened within all the hatches.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 08:36:52 PM »
I like your theory of a distant activation of the lockdown. I assumed that it was a timed thing, like every 6 months at this time the lockdown occurs. But it does make sense that since the place was being watched, someone could activate the lockdown when the desired.