Author Topic: John Locke Trapped  (Read 9533 times)

Offline RedDevils

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
John Locke Trapped
« on: July 20, 2006, 11:34:22 AM »
I realize this did not take part in the finale, but I feel that it needs to be discussed just the same.  Has anyone ever asked who hot wired the blast doors to trap John Locke?  We saw Desmond and Kelvin perform the little operation that enabled them to create the blacklight map, the crackling of the speakers, the blast doors coming down with no magnetic force at all, all of this happened when Locke was trapped as well.  So the real question is who is it that had intimate knowledge to able to hotwire the hatch and simulate a shutdown?  I for one can only think of three that we know of that were privey to such information...Kelvin...Desmond...and Slivinski (Kelvin's previous partner).  Desmond was accounted for, Kelvin and Slivinski were both presumed dead...so who is left...or who isn't really dead?  Just throwing it out there...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: John Locke Trapped
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »
welcome to the boards!!  i don't think it was a "fake" lockdown.  i think it was a real lockdown because of the food drop.  anyone else have anything to add?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:18:20 PM »
welcome to the boards!!  i don't think it was a "fake" lockdown.  i think it was a real lockdown because of the food drop.  anyone else have anything to add?

Howdy Red Devils and welcome to the board!  I agree with LadyBug that in this instance, it was a true lockdown.  Primarily because the black lamp went off, enabling Locke to actually *see* the lockdown map, whereas when the lockdown was manually triggered, no black light was visible.  In Desmond's flashback, we saw Kelvin working on the map, but it was not visible because the blacklight wasn't triggered.  I believe it's only triggered during a true lockdown.  I agree that it probably coincides with the food drop, this being the first food drop that's occurred since our LOSTies got to the island.

Great idea, though!
cheers
*Des8

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:32:27 PM »

Howdy Red Devils and welcome to the board!  I agree with LadyBug that in this instance, it was a true lockdown.  Primarily because the black lamp went off, enabling Locke to actually *see* the lockdown map, whereas when the lockdown was manually triggered, no black light was visible.  In Desmond's flashback, we saw Kelvin working on the map, but it was not visible because the blacklight wasn't triggered.  I believe it's only triggered during a true lockdown.  I agree that it probably coincides with the food drop, this being the first food drop that's occurred since our LOSTies got to the island.

Great idea, though!
cheers
*Des8
i forgot about the black light.  thanks des.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:52:57 PM »
Sure thing, doll...and congrats on making it to In The Joop!  ;)

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »

Great idea, though!
cheers
*Des8
i forgot about the black light.  thanks des.

I completly agree withDes we all reached this after much discussion.

Offline RedDevils

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone!  I don't know if I made myself clear in the first post.  I do agree that the blacklight did come on in the midst of a true lockdown...however, lest we forget Locke was under the door long before the blacklights actually came on.  He let Henry out of the cell in order to gain his help to open the door, which was already shut...with no blacklight...therefore someone still must have shorted it out in order to get the doors to shut with no blacklight...so the question remains...who was it?

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 04:00:47 PM »

why would they do lockdown for that?

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 04:55:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone!  I don't know if I made myself clear in the first post.  I do agree that the blacklight did come on in the midst of a true lockdown...however, lest we forget Locke was under the door long before the blacklights actually came on.  He let Henry out of the cell in order to gain his help to open the door, which was already shut...with no blacklight...therefore someone still must have shorted it out in order to get the doors to shut with no blacklight...so the question remains...who was it?

Red:

During the various fake lockdowns in the past, the black light never came on, we only saw the black light come on once--hence the point above.  I understood where you were going with that, but I'm sorry, I just don't agree with it.

cheers
*Des8

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 05:21:44 PM »

so that those in the hatch can't see where the food is coming from.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 07:41:38 PM »

Lady:
Both GJ and I, and I think maybe Jug agrees if I remember correctly, that the lockdown occurs during the food drop--either to prevent the hatch inhabitant to see who's dropping the food, how, to prevent a distress signal, or perhaps due to the "quarantine" factor.

Of course this is all speculation, but at this point, given the info we have at hand, I think it's pretty solid.

Your thoughts?  You have such great ideas!

cheers
*Des8

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 11:22:15 PM »

Lady:
Both GJ and I, and I think maybe Jug agrees if I remember correctly, that the lockdown occurs during the food drop--either to prevent the hatch inhabitant to see who's dropping the food, how, to prevent a distress signal, or perhaps due to the "quarantine" factor.

Of course this is all speculation, but at this point, given the info we have at hand, I think it's pretty solid.

Your thoughts?  You have such great ideas!

cheers
*Des8
i completely agree, it was reliant k who asked why the lockdown occurred.  you can add me to the list of those who agree on why it happens.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 11:30:12 PM »
Des you correctly included me in your conclusion. I 100% agree. There is no mystery here because no shorted out the system. THe announcement came on saying there will be a lockdown and it occured. Most likely because of the food drop.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
Des you correctly included me in your conclusion. I 100% agree. There is no mystery here because no shorted out the system. THe announcement came on saying there will be a lockdown and it occured. Most likely because of the food drop.

Exactlyand why it didn't happen when Des and Locke did fake lockdown, doors not all the way down no black lights.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 08:59:15 PM »
In addition, the shorted out lockdown must be done from the dome.  If I remember correctly, there was NO ONE else in the hatch during the real lockdown which is why Fenry had to crawl through the shaft to get to the dome and push the button.