Author Topic: Question about rule  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Kromak

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Question about rule
« on: July 16, 2006, 01:38:17 PM »
I don't understand the "You must be logged in to play rule", I thought that the hunt could include searching google for example, how will that be tracked? I can't open a new IExplore?

Thanks.

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Question about rule
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:29:33 PM »
I don't understand the "You must be logged in to play rule", I thought that the hunt could include searching google for example, how will that be tracked? I can't open a new IExplore?

Thanks.

You have to be logged in to enter an answer. You can log out and when you're ready to submit an answer, log back in.

Offline __lostaholic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 10:29:17 PM »
I don't even get what the Hunt is. Can someone explain? I've tried reading through the boards.. they just make no sense to me.  :-\

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 02:50:40 AM »
If you go to the SWLS Main page, on the sidebar there is a link to the HUNT.  Each Wednesday at 9 p.m. Eastern time, Sledge posts a new HUNT.  This week will be HUNT 2-5.  It is a sort of riddle.  You have to figure out what clues there are and come up with the answer.  There is only one answer.  Then you submit it and can only answer once.  You have a week to complete the HUNT, unless 14 people solve it, and then it is over.  You can also see previous HUNTs from that HUNT link in the main page.  I think that reading over previous HUNTs is the best way to figure out what it's about.

Sledge does a better job at explaining what it is on his HUNT pages.  Here is a link:

http://lost.cubit.net/th2_index.php
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 03:07:05 PM by Cardacct »

Offline __lostaholic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 09:44:22 PM »
Oh. Mk. :) Thanks. I don't really go much else on the site except for the forums. Forums are my favorite part of sitess.. more person-person interaction and a better return of info.

edit; Mk, well I looked and I think I will be lost. No pun intended. Maybe I'll start next year? :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:47:36 PM by __lostaholic »

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »
Oh. Mk. :) Thanks. I don't really go much else on the site except for the forums. Forums are my favorite part of sitess.. more person-person interaction and a better return of info.

edit; Mk, well I looked and I think I will be lost. No pun intended. Maybe I'll start next year? :P

I think that you should start now.  You don't have to start at the beginning of the HUNT each year to get it.  In fact, it will probably be easier if you start now.

No, wait.  That would mean more competition.  Don't play.  Everyone, drop out!  Then I can win (assuming I could ever solve any of them)!

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 11:22:30 PM »
Hi Kromak & lostaholic...welcome to an addicting and really tough game! :)  I think Devilish & Card gave pretty good explanations about it... but I think the best way to know is just to try it out tomorrow night.  It's one of those things, you can kind of get a hang of what's needed by reading over old clues, but it's only really diabolically challenging when you play it first hand... and you guys have nothing to lose, right? :)  I think sledge tracks by IP.  Hey, I welcome new folks... no competition for me since I haven't made the leaderboard yet...lol.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 02:12:30 AM »
I remain scoreless even still.   :'(  My goal is to score at least once.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 02:29:24 AM »
hi cardi  i see you have a request

;)
I remain scoreless even still.   :'(  My goal is to score at least once.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »
It's really tough-- the Hunt. I still haven't been able to get any of them. I'm working on it tho.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 12:26:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to make a support group for people who feel stupider after The Hunt.

CaseyMac is banned from joining. ;D

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to make a support group for people who feel stupider after The Hunt.

LOL

Hey everyone! This is why we love Pandora!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »

:'(

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:00:13 PM »

:'(

Aww... *hug* Casey... truce... I may need you as an extra lifeline phone person if they ever bring back that "Who wants to be a millionaire" lame show...

Offline __lostaholic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 12:05:20 AM »
Mk, I tried the 2-5 Hunt and I'm still. like. I don't get it! xD -flail-