Author Topic: Sun being on the boat...  (Read 6266 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Sun being on the boat...
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 10:19:06 PM »
Well, I was watching the finale yet again, and I was wondering about this.  It seemed a little out of character for Jin, previously so protective, to be ok with Sun, now pregnant, going with him on a boat.  I mean, I realize the couple had just recently "had it out" about Jin's controlling nature, and he had become more understanding of her will... but they were in for a possibly a dangerous mission where they might encounter the Others.  I just thought it was a "conventient" plotline to have Desmond turn down Sayid's request to help him sail, and then Jin just happens to be the only one he can ask--was it a way for the writers to get Sun on this boat?

In other words, have her written in that way so that the only pregnant woman on the island is somewhere "needed" for the plot.  I was thinking either distance from the electromagnetism, or maybe proximity, to be captured by Others?

Or maybe it is nothing at all.  :) 
Pandora:
That's a great idea I hadn't considered, but it makes just as much sense as others' ideas, if not more.

cheers
*Des8
Jin is still being protective but more loving,wants her near him can't speak Ebglish to help Sayid with boat,gets her off island away from directcontact with magentic field but she stilll was affected by it.
AND gives the actors much needed screen time as a lot were complaining they were not being used enough this past season.

GJ:
Great point... I wonder if their story will really pan out in S3?  I hope so.  I really like both Jin and Sun's characters, but there's so much more to be developed with Sun's dad....

For example, what about the watch Jin was supposed to take to LA?  He gave it to Michael--wonder if we'll see a story about Michael with the watch in LA in later seasons?
hmmmm

cheers
*Des8
Empahis is is  on love next season so hopefully willdeveoplSun and jin,one ofthe most touching moments was season one finalewhne theywere hugging as Jin ogt on raft.YES THE WATCH why otmail it? Why did Jin hae tot ake it on board to LA what was in that watch??????????
Yes good question about the watch!!
What was so darn important about the watch??
Come on Season 3!!!

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 12:19:26 AM »
waiting patiencely for some answers to these very good questions

as to the watch it could well have been a way to insure that who ever he gave it to knew he was who he said he was

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »
waiting patiencely for some answers to these very good questions

as to the watch it could well have been a way to insure that who ever he gave it to knew he was who he said he was
What do you mean?  sorry I am a bit slow this morning

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 10:33:11 PM »
He was delivering a message with the watch. He had to be there so the person understood the meaning of the watch. ALso the writers needed a reason to put him on the plane!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 10:37:24 PM »
He was delivering a message with the watch. He had to be there so the person understood the meaning of the watch. ALso the writers needed a reason to put him on the plane!
But thats all we know about the "watch" right?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 10:42:22 PM »
Hi debbie! Always great to see you smiley face.

That is all I know about the watch.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »
Hi debbie! Always great to see you smiley face.

That is all I know about the watch.
Thanks Jug
maybe there will be some relvance later or like you said the writers just did it to get him on the plane

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 02:33:24 AM »

Jug  a much better explanation then mine

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 02:19:07 PM »

He had the watch on his lapnot i hs luggage,  he coudln't amil it, Jin ahd ot deliver it with  the threat  don't try and take offf we are watching yo,paraphrasing.So knowing what Sun's dad does, wht wa sin that watch? A timer device to blow up?

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »

He had the watch on his lapnot i hs luggage,  he coudln't amil it, Jin ahd ot deliver it with  the threat  don't try and take offf we are watching yo,paraphrasing.So knowing what Sun's dad does, wht wa sin that watch? A timer device to blow up?
Yeah really huh?  but if it had a timer device then why didn't it blow up larready by now?
Maybe it blew up on the plane and that is the reason it crashed

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 04:26:52 PM »
Is that the same watch Michael was wearing when Jin went ballistic on him and had to be handcuffed to the fuselage?  Just wondering..

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »
Is that the same watch Michael was wearing when Jin went ballistic on him and had to be handcuffed to the fuselage?  Just wondering..
I believe so

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
I believe so
Yes and he held it on his lap on plane.And he had it with him in bathroom in airport when the white guy came in spoke to him in English then in Korean telling him not to atttempt to run away,watching him, no escape and to deliver that watc in person..What was in that watch?

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2006, 04:38:38 PM »
Well, I was watching the finale yet again, and I was wondering about this.  It seemed a little out of character for Jin, previously so protective, to be ok with Sun, now pregnant, going with him on a boat.  I mean, I realize the couple had just recently "had it out" about Jin's controlling nature, and he had become more understanding of her will... but they were in for a possibly a dangerous mission where they might encounter the Others.  I just thought it was a "conventient" plotline to have Desmond turn down Sayid's request to help him sail, and then Jin just happens to be the only one he can ask--was it a way for the writers to get Sun on this boat?

In other words, have her written in that way so that the only pregnant woman on the island is somewhere "needed" for the plot.  I was thinking either distance from the electromagnetism, or maybe proximity, to be captured by Others?

Or maybe it is nothing at all.  :) 
Pandora:
That's a great idea I hadn't considered, but it makes just as much sense as others' ideas, if not more.

cheers
*Des8
Jin is still being protective but more loving,wants her near him can't speak Ebglish to help Sayid with boat,gets her off island away from directcontact with magentic field but she stilll was affected by it.
AND gives the actors much needed screen time as a lot were complaining they were not being used enough this past season.

GJ:
Great point... I wonder if their story will really pan out in S3?  I hope so.  I really like both Jin and Sun's characters, but there's so much more to be developed with Sun's dad....

For example, what about the watch Jin was supposed to take to LA?  He gave it to Michael--wonder if we'll see a story about Michael with the watch in LA in later seasons?
hmmmm

cheers
*Des8
Empahis is is  on love next season so hopefully willdeveoplSun and jin,one ofthe most touching moments was season one finalewhne theywere hugging as Jin ogt on raft.YES THE WATCH why otmail it? Why did Jin hae tot ake it on board to LA what was in that watch??????????
Yes good question about the watch!!
What was so darn important about the watch??
Come on Season 3!!!

There was some speculation that perhaps there was something in the watch that helped bring the plane down?  Dunno, but it was worth a thought.
cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2006, 03:09:04 AM »
There was some speculation that perhaps there was something in the watch that helped bring the plane down?  Dunno, but it was worth a thought.
cheers
*Des8

That is what I am wondering