Author Topic: HUNT 2-1  (Read 20394 times)

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT 2-1
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 02:18:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure that I am wrong.  It just didn't all fit together.  If I'm right, it will be by complete luck, but my answer doesn't even make much sense.  I'm thinking that if I were right, things would make a little more sense.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
I feel the love!  ::)

Offline korndiddy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »
I'm normally at losttv-forum, though I always come to Sledge's page after an episode, but I decided to sign up here to take part in this hunt.  And to be honest, I am completely and utterly stuck.  This is harded than I expected.

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 04:23:26 PM »
Wow, korndiddy... WELCOME!  :D

Good to see you over here, little bud. :)

And you are not alone thinking it was a hard one... I have a feeling we will get a new hint tonight...

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 06:12:44 PM »
YAY!! WOOT WOOT!! Finally submitted an answer. Of course, don't know if I entered the right one. Now for the part of THE HUNT I hate, the waiting 'til answer is revealed. Very good start to THE HUNT S2 Sledge!! Can't say no more, ugh!!

Offline lockesdestiny

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »
i was looking at season 1 and i thought "oh this shouldn't be that hard" sadly i was wrong this is so tough!!!!

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 11:02:50 PM »
*wishing she could switch her answer*

Offline HCRhino

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 11:24:29 PM »
if i'm this confused on step 1 where will i be by the end?  LOST!

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 12:41:47 AM »
Yeah.....I'm like hoping a detailed explanation for the answer next week....I guess I feel confident since I started late...but now with the clue it's like whoa what the "h e double hockey sticks"   lmao, I can't believe I typed that..... is going on now?

Gonna wait another day....even though it could be too late...

Offline Hurleys Belly

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 05:52:02 AM »
From reading about last year's 'Hunt' there was a Yahoo Member Directory involved.  Can anyone tell me where to find this?

Offline Hurleys Belly

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 06:53:52 AM »
Nevermind , i found it

Offline DevilishinVA

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 08:58:09 AM »
I'm normally at losttv-forum, though I always come to Sledge's page after an episode, but I decided to sign up here to take part in this hunt.  And to be honest, I am completely and utterly stuck.  This is harded than I expected.

WELCOME KORNDIDDY & GOOD LUCK ON THE HUNT!!

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 10:31:25 AM »
Note up saying the hunt's been solved - can we discuss now?

Offline Pandora

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 10:40:35 AM »
Note up saying the hunt's been solved - can we discuss now?

Nice!!!  I think we can.

OK... I am annoyed at myself, once again, that I couldn't submit after I goofed the first night.  I ended up realizing with the second clue what he wanted us to do... take out AMBER... even though the clue was right, this was the word that was making everything else not fit.   I ended up figuring out the rest of the crossword, and I think that what should be in place of AMBER is PEARL... and that's going to be my final answer.

Originally, I had thought the clue had to do with AMBER-CD (circled word, and #18 is circled on the left)... that and VP 1916 (note on the lower right).  I had googled those and found that an AMBER CD was released by Tommy Boy records, and the vice prez elected in 1916 was Thomas Marshall.  I thought that's the direction he wanted us to take it, so my wrong answer submitted was TOMMY (as in Charlie's friend).  But that was dumb, I wouldn't have put in a premature answer had I known we might get a hint the next day.  I need to be more careful.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:44:45 AM by PandoraX »

Offline DirtyEarl

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »
The crossword told you to ask Hugo's friend about 18 across - which is Amber.
The hard part was finding Hugo's friend, since I didn't participate last year, I didn't know where to find the crazy lenny page (and yahoo profiles are banned from my work).

Pandora, you were right about PEARL - but anyone who finished the entire crossword (I think) wasted a ton of time.  edit: in fact - I don't believe solving the crossword was possible with the garble for answers to 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hugo's friend is NOT Lenny, and if you ask about Amber - clues you in that you're close but need to do what the first hint suggests.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 11:51:01 AM by DirtyEarl »