Author Topic: Forties and Over Club  (Read 94342 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Forties and Over Club
« Reply #1770 on: October 23, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
LOL  It's one I've seen on there before!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 23, 2008, 01:30:53 PM »
Are you in the picture?  :D  I should be.  I used to be able to remember people's names.  Then I had Esther.  Now there is like a literal blank space in my mind when I go to think of someone's name.  People I know rather well. I called a friend of ours Steve the other day and Jim goes, "His name is Scott."  Lost is also eating my brain.  :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 23, 2008, 01:32:16 PM »
That post belongs in the "Is Your Life Melting Into Lostness?" thread. LOL

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 23, 2008, 01:37:05 PM »
The eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. 8)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: October 23, 2008, 01:38:41 PM »
One of my favorite movies.  :)

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 23, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »
Mine too.   :)

Offline debbie

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 23, 2008, 03:41:37 PM »
A few years ago I used to spring out of bed,Now I use springs to get out of bed ???

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 24, 2008, 04:42:10 PM »
^ Butt to Debbie!

And ^^ Butt to Scotty for "Spotless Mind."

Offline qgardens

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:12 AM »
Ouchie!  That was like the IV I had while I was being induced for Esther.  The pseudo-nurse stuck it right against my wrist bone.  I delivered Esther then said, "Get me a roast beef sandwich and get this *%^%!)* IV out!"  It hurt worse than the kid!

jeesh, fine, it's been over 120 days, so sue me. i am just catching up and have to share with the other moms (and dads in the delivery room)...that pseudo-nurse must have been the same one who tried to give me an iv and ended up creating a bloody fountain.  i did not see it but i felt it (very long and miserable delivery), and my BFF was in there with me and i can still hear her gasp of horror.  then later on as i was in and out of awareness, i remember her and my husband whispering along the lines of "they need to get that nurse out of here".  luckily a new nurse came on shift soon afterward.  the next day my friend told me the first nurse casually reached over and grabbed a feminine hygiene product to sop up the blood. 

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 22, 2009, 08:51:52 PM »
Ouchie!  That was like the IV I had while I was being induced for Esther.  The pseudo-nurse stuck it right against my wrist bone.  I delivered Esther then said, "Get me a roast beef sandwich and get this *%^%!)* IV out!"  It hurt worse than the kid!

jeesh, fine, it's been over 120 days, so sue me. i am just catching up and have to share with the other moms (and dads in the delivery room)...that pseudo-nurse must have been the same one who tried to give me an iv and ended up creating a bloody fountain.  i did not see it but i felt it (very long and miserable delivery), and my BFF was in there with me and i can still hear her gasp of horror.  then later on as i was in and out of awareness, i remember her and my husband whispering along the lines of "they need to get that nurse out of here".  luckily a new nurse came on shift soon afterward.  the next day my friend told me the first nurse casually reached over and grabbed a feminine hygiene product to sop up the blood. 
Holy canoly! :o  Did she hit an artery or what?!?!?!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 23, 2009, 08:48:31 PM »

Holy canoly! :o  Did she hit an artery or what?!?!?!
Ouchie momma!!! Holy crackanolie!!!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »
Q you have the greatest stories

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:27 PM »