Author Topic: It's a trap  (Read 5864 times)

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
It's a trap
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:51:30 PM »
I'm sick of hearing how stupid Jack and Sayid are for lighting the fire on the beach.  It's a stinkin' trap.  With this black smoke lit in the middle of the beach with nowhere to run, Sayid (the Iraqi torturer) and Jin (the hired hitman) will pick the others off in the wide open. Remember, that Jin is with Sayid. Also, the last time we saw Jack and Kate, there was a nod from Jack as if the plan was going right. I don't know if you guys are with me, but I think we might be in for a Jack Bauer like massacre when Sayid lures these guys into his trap and goes Bauer on their arses! We obviously didn't hear their whole plan or there wouldn't be anything to talk about after the finale, but that is what I think.

PS: I know it's been mentioned, but the way the others reacted to the hatch explosion or whatever it was, it is obvious that these others we know right now are nobodies.

scrod

Re: It's a trap
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:56:40 PM »
First Reply!

It is certainly a possibility.  I woudl think that Sayid would be sophsticated enough to know that you don't alert the enemy to your presence - unless you want them to think you are there.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 05:14:36 PM »
ya he wants them to think he's on the beach but he'll be close by out of sight to pick them off one by one, and maybe while this is happening the rest of them can escape and help.  Remember the woods are very close to the beach so staying out of sight is not to difficult. I bet he got Danielle and her kick ass sniper rifle to help him. I know it since Alex is one of the others, I bet Danielle is part of Sayid's plan.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:40:27 PM »
Yes i think it is a trap too!  And i am also sick of people saying that Sayid is stupid.
there is a plan we just don't know about it because they didn't bother to tell us but I believe it in my gut that it is a set up and the Kate & jack are definately in on it  I couldn't really figure sawyer's look out but that is another thread anyway...
Sayid is gonna come in kicking some major ass!!

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:46:40 PM »
The group had a plan  and like you say  with the experiance that the group has ( kate is no slouch at this stuff either ) they were not worried about the Others seeing the smoke

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:00:10 PM »
Yup!!!!!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 08:04:06 AM »
It's not a trap, and Sayid isn't stupid...

Sayid was going to originally light the fire/black smoke once he secured the camp. If what Micheal said was true, then a camp of primarily elderly and female "Others" with only two guns wouldn't be a problem for a war-trained Iraqi National Guard vet to overtake. Once he did and had the place under control he would let Jack know by lighting the fire.

However, once Sayid arrived at the camp and discovered that not only was it deserted but was also fake, he went ahead and lit the fire to let Jack know everything was safe. It's at that point that Jack realized Micheal wasn't leading them towards the camp but somewhere else.

Don't forget that Rousseau also lit a "black smoke" fire that the Others never seemed to be concerned about enough to go check out. There's no reason to think that Sayid's black smoke would cause all the Others to just wander out of the jungle acting confused, looking around, and saying "What's going on here?"...lol

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 11:40:32 AM »

Sayid was going to originally light the fire/black smoke once he secured the camp. If what Micheal said was true, then a camp of primarily elderly and female "Others" with only two guns wouldn't be a problem for a war-trained Iraqi National Guard vet to overtake. Once he did and had the place under control he would let Jack know by lighting the fire.

However, once Sayid arrived at the camp and discovered that not only was it deserted but was also fake, he went ahead and lit the fire to let Jack know everything was safe. It's at that point that Jack realized Micheal wasn't leading them towards the camp but somewhere else.

Don't forget that Rousseau also lit a "black smoke" fire that the Others never seemed to be concerned about enough to go check out. There's no reason to think that Sayid's black smoke would cause all the Others to just wander out of the jungle acting confused, looking around, and saying "What's going on here?"...lol

WHAT IF... Sayid gets back in the boat and they go further up the island... as they are pulling around the cove they see the dock and they all pull guns, and in a blaze of glory takes out Tom and a the twins with beards.... THEN they retrun fire and take out Sun and Jin.... :)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 02:41:57 PM »
And what if Rouseeu is and has been one of "them" all along? And she has that "role" to play in the bigger picture that we really don't know anything about yet?

Offline Zeke

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 04:11:30 PM »

WHAT IF... Sayid gets back in the boat and they go further up the island... as they are pulling around the cove they see the dock and they all pull guns, and in a blaze of glory takes out Tom and a the twins with beards.... THEN they retrun fire and take out Sun and Jin.... :)

I was expecting some matrix style gun slinging from Hurley, especially when he thought Fenry killed Libby, i was expecting him to have to 9mm under his belt and assult rifle in his hands and a whole armery between the cheeks of his rear end!!!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 01:48:03 PM »
i'd align with sayid any day smartest one leader knows what he's doing

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »
i'd align with sayid any day smartest one leader knows what he's doing
Yeah Sayind is pretty savvy

misspensinger

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »
Yes, he is.  But so are gin and sun.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 07:48:02 PM »
Jin doesn't speak English tnough by now he should have more words under his belt Sun has all day to teach him.But if i was going up against the others I would want Sayid tobe at my side lading the charge.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 10:33:08 PM »
I'm sick of hearing how stupid Jack and Sayid are for lighting the fire on the beach.  It's a stinkin' trap.  With this black smoke lit in the middle of the beach with nowhere to run, Sayid (the Iraqi torturer) and Jin (the hired hitman) will pick the others off in the wide open. Remember, that Jin is with Sayid. Also, the last time we saw Jack and Kate, there was a nod from Jack as if the plan was going right. I don't know if you guys are with me, but I think we might be in for a Jack Bauer like massacre when Sayid lures these guys into his trap and goes Bauer on their arses! We obviously didn't hear their whole plan or there wouldn't be anything to talk about after the finale, but that is what I think.

PS: I know it's been mentioned, but the way the others reacted to the hatch explosion or whatever it was, it is obvious that these others we know right now are nobodies.

Very interesting theory, but it is not likely since Sayid, sun and jin are sitting on the boat. Not in any position to pick off any of the others.