Author Topic: OLLY-wood answers the tough questions - OPXFC Presidential Campaign 2006  (Read 3332 times)

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
This thread will be used to give my proper answers in a more organized format.

Please PM me any additional questions you may have and I will post the answers in this thread.

Here goes a little bit of nothing!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 08:26:12 AM by OLLY-wood »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile

1.Please elaborate your personal stance with respect to time travel and cloning on Lost.

Although I may be admitting that I have not been able to follow the news and podcasts as a true fan of the show should, Mr. Devilish has brought to my attention a term which best describes how I feel when watching the show.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1114.msg8052#msg8052

AIPOL - Anything is Possible on Lost

I haven't seen time travel or clones yet, but if I do come across them, I won't be surprised.  And I won't be surprised if Jack is related to both Claire AND Rose...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:30:01 AM by OLLY-wood »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
2.One of you is about to be elected the leader of the single-most powerful fan club in the world, economically, financially, militarily, diplomatically, you name it. Have you formed any guiding principles for exercising this enormous power?

I again refer to another fellow sledgehog for words which best describe how this club should operate:

on scrod's signature line...

WWPxD?

This club exists to help us emulate her behaviour in such a way that it helps to create a higher-quality level of posting on the board.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
3.What would be your first step in exulting our Pandy above the level to which we already hold her?

As if creating the Pandy-Bear nickname and starting the fanclub wasn't enough, I will hereby refrain on commenting on her physical appearance.  She's a sweet enough lady, that's good enough.  Beyond the realm of eyecatching, and that's important.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
4.Describe in detail how you obtained the position(s) you currently hold within our fan club.

Or how about vice president, since i assume ure Founder, Owner, CEO, and president

When I started the club as a shoutout in my signature, the official first member (and now-vice president) posted the above (adding in the Treasurer position occured a few posts later). It was brought to my attention that I should clarify my own responsibilities more clearly and adding the title of President to my portfolio would be in accordance to the strategy implemented by almost all newly created organizations - that the founder of the organization's edicts remain in a chief operating capacity until the groundwork is laid.

Until we may ratify the statutes of the Fanclub in a more organized fashion, I believe it would be in the best interests of the organization to continue to allow me to operate in the Presidential capacity.  This would help us bring stability to the organization until the proper policies are in place.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:39:54 AM by OLLY-wood »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
5.What is the most obnoxious thing you have ever posted to our forum?  How would you top that?

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=1779.msg19798#msg19798

Quote from: Geronimo Jackson
With you Olly I know to not to take a sip of pepsi when reading you replys   :)almost did it again just now and spit it out all over the keyboard again.
No when your'e on no one can stop you.But that is a cool trick explains a lot.

I knew a cool trick once... she was a postwholesaler who didn't post (am I allowed to say that?)

she admitted it too,

to each his own (and in her case, his own, and his own, and his own)

But I must admit, in honor of the PandoraX code I should strive towards the non-obnoxious.

However,  if I were to "top it" I would probably give this friend of mine a call (who my girlfriend hates, by the way) and tell her to come entertain us all with tales of her escapades by becoming a member of SWLS and posting the sordid details in the "Loopy Lounge."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 06:59:23 AM by OLLY-wood »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
6.How do you propose to provide accessibility for disabled persons?

By the very fact that people like me hold a position in this fanclub (let alone start it) is already an amazing feat in itself!  If PandoraX may have a place for this thread, our constituents, and my rambling posts all over this board, surely we may have a place in our Fanclub for those who can't type!

(hmmm... oh wait... I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
7.Do you like Reese's Peanut Buttercups?

I guess you may have not yet seen the throw pillows in our staff lounge as yet:

(and yes fellas, I'm trying to recruit her to join the club)

or the company car:

and to be made available for those with dietary concerns:

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
8. Are you wearing Purple?

Unfortunately, I must confess that I have been unable to post the pictures of my boxers (which yes, I am currently wearing as I type) as the batteries in my digital camera have died.

EDIT: but I can probably do the next best thing...

Warning! Not for the faint of heart
I can scan them!

HG might be the Purple's choice, but I choose purple!

however... there are also times when I'd like to wear green and gold as well!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 08:27:58 AM by OLLY-wood »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
9. will you allow visitor passes to be given out to the Loopy lounge

I will collaborate with demra on formulating an appropriate plan if elected.

After all, one must know what it is that they are striving towards!

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
10.What is your favorite flavor of Icecream ( you can tell alot about someone from this question

In my younger years, it was Butter Pecan, and I went through my Bubble Gum phase, but my absolute fallback all time favourite would have to be strawberry above else.

I am not above variety, however.  I am currently enamoured with the Turtles chocolate/caramel/pecan mixture that now resides in my freezer.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Question for Olly: Do you feel that your quick wit and funny responses to postings has been hurt or diminshed while running for this office? If you win, will you return to your old familiar style of postings?

Actually, I do believe that my slow brain and lack of humour hurt my quick wit and funny responses more than running for office.

And I don't think runing for office has anything to do with my conditions; I spend all day running for office at work:

• I run from the photocopier printer to one department after another to find a stapler that would puncture those deng 30 page reports!  Can't this stuff ever stay in one place? [/rant]
  • I run across a street full of traffic hoping I don't get killed or come into work latecause I can never seem to find enough time during lunch hour to buy that damned bowl of spicy soup I keep on ordering.
  • I run the documents from my office on the ground floor to finance up that flippin flight of stairs that has me quite claustrophobic.

And are you sure you would want me to return to my old familiar style of postings?  I thought you all would have commited post style adultery by now... can't just use the same old position when laying it all out in the post, y'know.

Gets tiring after a while, and my fingers hurt (from typing, you sicko).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:08:58 PM by OLLY-wood »

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Final bump for the stretch run.