Author Topic: Slaugtherhouse five  (Read 7683 times)

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
Re: Slaugtherhouse five
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 12:01:46 PM »
Just read this thread...damn damn fab!!!

Toss S. King in the mix with he and Straubs Talisman and King's Darktower...they are mining fruitful depths for threading this story...plagiarism and influenced by lie in a great sea of grey...to say other wise puts one in the way of being single minded and unable to stand on the fence and see the pasture on both sides...ok ok enough pathetic metaphorical vomit from me...

my contribution:

Pluralitas non est ponend sine necessitat.....
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 07:34:41 PM »
GP, I agree. It looked like Pilgrim was just along for the ride when he visited his past self. Unable to effect any changes.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 05:53:17 AM »
In episode 408, "Meet Kevin Johnson." Micheal tries to commit suicide (for the third time). At this time, he is watching a game show. the audio is hard to hear. I don't have an HDTV or sophisticated sound equipment (I'm not even sure how to work the subtitles on this thing.) but the audio goes something like this.

Crazy Micheal: ahhhhhh!

Gun: *click*

Announcer: ***.. Slaughterhouse Five.

*Ding*

Contestant: Uh, is it, Kurt Vonnegut?

Gun *Click* Click* (chambers full)

Announcer:  You're right! and to triple your bonus points for this round, can you give us the name of the book's protagonist...?

SPECIAL NEWS ANNONCMENT: We interupt this program for a news bulletin....

Can some one please elaborate on the missing audio "The actual question the game show host posed?"  please please please.....
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 07:57:23 AM by TheGoodPeople »

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 03:51:04 PM »
^ ah, thanks.. i was just going to post that

this kind of stuff makes me think that LOST is amazing. not really sure why people were so angry back in 2006 with some of their posts.. but whenever something alludes to something else, i'm fascinated by it.

also there is a part in the book where bill finds him self crying and isn't certain why (faraday anyone?)