Author Topic: FHenry's agenda....What does he want? Who is he?  (Read 13174 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: FHenry's agenda....What does he want? Who is he?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 06:33:53 PM »
I don't think Rousseau was working with Fhenry, because she told Sayid right off the bat that Fhenry was one of the Others. Not to mention that if he was working with Rousseau it would make sense to tell her to go and bring Locke back, not Sayid, the one person who has experience in torture and can easily tell when someone's lying.

Rousseau knows the others have Alex. She captures a main other person and just hands him over to sayid. WHy?? When she captured Sayid she held him prisoner and tortured him. Why not try that with Fenry? It would make more sense that she would keep Fenry to try to get Alex back. So it follows that she had a reason to turn Fenry over to sayid because she has a made a deal with him.

Why didn't she do the same with Claire, then? She knows the Others are out searching for her, yet helps her return to her camp and to safety...only to later come back and steal her baby? lol...Why not keep Claire for herself and find a way to do the trade?

Not to mention that how did Rousseau know Fhenry was the main person? As well as, what would her deal be? To turn Fhenry over to the crash survivors? Well, she did that. So why is Alex still with the Others, especially if they "keep their word"? Also, why would Fhenry want Rousseau to purposefully announce him as an Other instead of him just "accidentally" stumbling into the survivors' camp after supposedly wandering the island for days if not weeks? The same story Fhenry would need to use to explain how he ended up in Rousseau's trap is the exact same story he would have/could have used to explain suddenly finding their campsite on the beach. How did it help Fhenry to instead be captured and then turned over to the crash survivors as a suspected "Other"?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 06:36:15 PM »
I don't think Rousseau was working with Fhenry, because she told Sayid right off the bat that Fhenry was one of the Others. Not to mention that if he was working with Rousseau it would make sense to tell her to go and bring Locke back, not Sayid, the one person who has experience in torture and can easily tell when someone's lying.

Rousseau knows the others have Alex. She captures a main other person and just hands him over to sayid. WHy?? When she captured Sayid she held him prisoner and tortured him. Why not try that with Fenry? It would make more sense that she would keep Fenry to try to get Alex back. So it follows that she had a reason to turn Fenry over to sayid because she has a made a deal with him.

I agree, I don't think Rousseau is actively working with the Others.  It just doesn't feel right.  Her backstory has checked out pretty well so far, and her behavior has been consistently insane, so to speak.  I think she is, more or less, what she claims to be.  The Others are formidable on their own turf, but they might have decided she's just not worth the effort to hunt down and eliminate, or they may have some internally consistent reason for leaving her alone (just because she expressly has a negative few of them doesn't necessarily mean it's reciprocal.)  If "Alex" is indeed her daughter, she might have a lot of pull within the Others' organization, despite her youth.  In fact, it's kind of interesting that Alex seems to be getting along with her associates fairly well, despite having engineered Claire's escape, and they must surely realize she was involved in that.  Maybe she's got the clout to get away with something like that, and suffer nothing more than a tongue-lashing.  It could be that Alex has prevailed upon the Others to leave her mother alone, and Rousseau's obvious paranoia suggests that she might not know she has a special protected status. Fenry's capture might not have been as difficult as we suspect.  If he came to the island on that ferryboat, he could be equivalent to an off-site manager, rather than a skilled field operative, and might have underestimated the danger of running into Rousseau while en route to the Swan station.  Those baby-doll lures strongly suggest that Rousseau is primarily interested in trapping some of the Other children, or perhaps she insanely imagines that such a lure will attract her little Alex - it's the kind of thing a bereaved mother might do.  Fenry might have dismissed her as no threat to a fully-grown, strapping fourth-degree Mason, lambada dancer, and Jedi master such as himself, and found out he was wrong the hard way.  Voluntarily getting a crossbow bolt in the shoulder seems like an entirely unnecessary touch if he was faking his capture...

All good and valid points...

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 04:19:28 PM »
i dont think henry seems like someone who would think its a good idea to get shoot with a crossbow just to engineer him going into the swan especially as he could have just walked plus getting shot by a crossbow hurts like lots plus any slight error and its a much more serious injury than jack is capable of treating

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 10:12:37 PM »
Jugdish she amde a deal with ;'him"which 'him"Henry or Sayid.?????
I think  there is a lotmore to Rosseau then we know.I think she is the monster as it  not the smoke.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 10:14:39 PM »
Synchronicity  you make some good points well thought out disertation.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »
If "Alex" is indeed her daughter, she might have a lot of pull within the Others' organization, despite her youth.  In fact, it's kind of interesting that Alex seems to be getting along with her associates fairly well, despite having engineered Claire's escape, and they must surely realize she was involved in that.
She also asked Michael howClaire was ding.But we have no basuiis yetthta the others knowshe helepd claire go.orthat Rosseau ishermom,we don'tknowif Alex knowsthis ornot.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »
find out in season 3

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 10:11:33 PM »

I agree, I don't think Rousseau is actively working with the Others.  It just doesn't feel right.  Her backstory has checked out pretty well so far, and her behavior has been consistently insane, so to speak.  I think she is, more or less, what she claims to be.  The Others are formidable on their own turf, but they might have decided she's just not worth the effort to hunt down and eliminate, or they may have some internally consistent reason for leaving her alone (just because she expressly has a negative few of them doesn't necessarily mean it's reciprocal.)  If "Alex" is indeed her daughter, she might have a lot of pull within the Others' organization, despite her youth.  In fact, it's kind of interesting that Alex seems to be getting along with her associates fairly well, despite having engineered Claire's escape, and they must surely realize she was involved in that.  Maybe she's got the clout to get away with something like that, and suffer nothing more than a tongue-lashing.  It could be that Alex has prevailed upon the Others to leave her mother alone, and Rousseau's obvious paranoia suggests that she might not know she has a special protected status. Fenry's capture might not have been as difficult as we suspect.  If he came to the island on that ferryboat, he could be equivalent to an off-site manager, rather than a skilled field operative, and might have underestimated the danger of running into Rousseau while en route to the Swan station.  Those baby-doll lures strongly suggest that Rousseau is primarily interested in trapping some of the Other children, or perhaps she insanely imagines that such a lure will attract her little Alex - it's the kind of thing a bereaved mother might do.  Fenry might have dismissed her as no threat to a fully-grown, strapping fourth-degree Mason, lambada dancer, and Jedi master such as himself, and found out he was wrong the hard way.  Voluntarily getting a crossbow bolt in the shoulder seems like an entirely unnecessary touch if he was faking his capture...
Very good points but how do we know that the others were not involved in Claire's release and made it look as though Alex did it all on her own sort of a smoke screen?
And Danille just happend to be there at the right moment to rush her to safety? Something doesn't jive for me.  Maybe the others did what they needed to do to Clair and made it look like Alex helped her escape..I don't know just a thought....

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 12:34:16 AM »
fenery had to try and create strife between the losties they were becomming a very cohesive unit altho not completely open with each other  things were working towards that direction so he took every opertunity to drive wedges between the losties .
He is obvisouly an improtatin psrt of the " Others " and could be Him but that is unlikely

he did push the button so that quwstion has been answered .

His capture is an open question  with Rousseau being such an unknown quantity in this  it is just to hard to tell if he ment to be captured or not he could not have just walked into the camp even tho the result would probably have been the same for him

just my thought s and opinions

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 02:19:07 PM »
fenery had to try and create strife between the losties they were becomming a very cohesive unit altho not completely open with each other  things were working towards that direction so he took every opertunity to drive wedges between the losties .
He is obvisouly an improtatin psrt of the " Others " and could be Him but that is unlikely

he did push the button so that quwstion has been answered .

His capture is an open question  with Rousseau being such an unknown quantity in this  it is just to hard to tell if he ment to be captured or not he could not have just walked into the camp even tho the result would probably have been the same for him

just my thought s and opinions
Again i agree (man I'm so agreeable today)  I do think he was trying to drive a wedge between our Losties too (It was obvious) but yeah the capture is a mystery and again with Danielle in the mix who knows... since we really need more on her and her part in the bigger picture

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 10:44:15 PM »
Was he trying to drive a wedge between them as some sort of psychological experiment or so they would not find out the truth. I think he was trying to see what they know and stop them from finding out to much. The might not be used to having this many strangers on the island. It is hard to control that many people.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 10:47:50 PM »
Was he trying to drive a wedge between them as some sort of psychological experiment or so they would not find out the truth. I think he was trying to see what they know and stop them from finding out to much. The might not be used to having this many strangers on the island. It is hard to control that many people.
True True but maybe he was driving a wedge so he can have someone on his side at some point and time like Locke for instance

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 12:29:57 AM »
Possibley but I don't think locke is much of a fan of his now.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 12:40:30 AM »
i had said it when fenry was just gettingon the show and starting to mess with Locke  that it would backfire on him  and i still think i am right   he should have had Michael bring locke too cause if TPTB get locke  back to his core character  then he will  be a force to be reckoned with ( he and Echo )

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 02:22:55 PM »
Possibley but I don't think locke is much of a fan of his now.
Oh I think Locke would love to throw one of his knoves at ole fenry.Skin him like a boar.