Author Topic: FHenry's agenda....What does he want? Who is he?  (Read 11580 times)

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
FHenry's agenda....What does he want? Who is he?
« on: June 01, 2006, 10:39:09 AM »
A few of us started talking about FHenry in a nother post and I thought we should create one just for him. There has been some heavy debate regarding 2 big things...a) Did FHenry actually push the button? We know now that he must have or else the hatch would have gone up in smoke. but why then would he try and convince Locke that the button isnt real?  B) Was FHenry angry on the dock after the EMP was set off? Was he mad because he wasnt expecting them to shut down the thing with the key? Or was he mad because he wasnt dead?

Fhenry always had an agenda..The others have been blown up to be these people who know the jungle so well...yet their leader FHenry (im assuming leader here) got caught in a net! How? He must have wanted to infiltrate the Lostie camp and if so, to what end? Did he want to size up Locke and rebirth his dying trust in the spirituality of the Island?

Theres a couple topics to get us started

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: FHenry's agenda....What does he want? Who is he?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »
Just a gut feeling here, but...

-I think Fhenry didn't get caught in the net on purpose. He wouldn't know if Rousseau would give him to the crash survivors or if she'd use him herself in some way to try and get Alex back, or for that matter if Rousseau would just shoot him dead while caught in the net. Fhenry also wouldn't have known who Rousseau would have brought back from the survivors camp, and how they would have reacted. I think a smarter move is to pretend he stumbled upon their camp after days of wandering the island, to break down from stress and relief once he saw everyone else, to give his sob story about crashing in his balloon and burying his wife, and then to take them back to the balloon and grave site to show his story is real and to dismiss any lingering doubts. Sayid's far less likely to dig up the grave if Fhenry's standing right there, because if it IS his wife's grave nothing could be worse. Not to mention that Fhenry would have been compliant all along ever since arriving to the camp, up to and including taking everyone back to his crash site and wife's grave (upon which seeing again he could break down in hysterics and sobbing lol, making it even more unlikely for the grave to be dug up).

The writers may indeed have Fhenry meaning to get caught in the trap next season, but it would play out as slightly more logical if Fhenry didn't mean for that to happen, and had to carry out his plan under different circumstances.

-I think the moments in which Locke is stuck underneath the blast door are one of the few moments in which Fhenry is being sincere, all the way up to and including pushing the button. I think he was concerned for Locke's physical health, I think as he said he really did push the button, I also think he didn't (purposefully, at least) turn on the black lights right after doing so. I think Fhenry went right back into manipulative mode once Jack and Sayid came in and confronted him.

-Since nobody else on the island seemed too concerned over what just happened when Desmond turned the fail safe key, I think Fhenry wasn't too concerned either. Now why nobody seemed to really give a rat's ass, I don't know lol. But all of the Others just went about things as if it never happened, focused completely on Michael, Kate, Jack and Hurley than on anything else. I didn't see any anger in his body language, vocal tones or facial expression...the look on his face during the fail safe "blast" was more of trying to endure pain in a more commanding way than everyone else was...THAT stood out at me, that everyone else seemed almost crippled by it but Fhenry stood strong no matter how much it must have hurt, even facing the blast of white light. It made him stand out from everyone else as truly being in charge.

-Fhenry's agenda? Other than alledgedly wanting Locke to join his group I can't think of one just yet.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:52:45 AM »
But what was the point of FHenry going to the Lostie camp in the first place? Did he think that Ethan did a poor job? They got the baby and clair and who knows what tests or whatever they wanted from the baby. So was he going back for someone else? They had Walt.

I think he wants Locke and I think the list of people michael had to bring back was just filler. They wanted Jack out of the way. Jack and Locke are competetive archetypes. Locke being anti-authority and Jack being the authority. Sawyer and Kate had no real effect on Locke and Sayid mainly let Locke do whatever the hell he wanted to. But Jack was always in his face about everything. Do you think they wanted  this? Jack out of the way?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 12:31:54 PM »
Fenry could of got in the trap on purpose if he was working with Roussou. She is still an unknown and a free agent. We also have not seen her for a while. There could of been a deal made. I don't trust Roussau. Why is she never bothered by the others. SHe gets to freely roam the island.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 12:36:06 PM »
well Rousseau is one woman who has been living on the island for 16 years and who knows how to hide. the Losties are 44 people who do their drycleaning on the island. They are much more open than Rousseau. I would also think that Rousseau would want her daughter back before working with the others

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 12:38:20 PM »
 I think Rosseau is the monster,she sets all these traps,(has infinite supplies of baby dolls) knows about the dark forrest,knows abou the defense mechanisms that sets off"the monster'" knows there is a transceiver at Black rock only tells Hulrey she changed the signal never tells anyon else it's there like hey you guys can use this.
The Others seem to leave he ralone.She is thefirst one to bring up the disease, we only have her word for it, that her people actually got-when no else has-and she shoots them all.Maybe she just shot them. More to that french chick than we know.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »
Where does she get those dolls from? That is weird. I know I am purely speculating and got us off of Fenry's agenda. I just wanted to point out that he might of worked something out with her to get in the camp because of her dealing with Fenry and trying to get Alex back, she turned him over to the losties.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 12:56:07 PM »
Jugdish that seems very logical to me. Fenry would know all abuut hertraps. Too clever and sneaky ole Fenry would know about them,her runing to tellthem she aptured one was a bit oddd, she has never caught one before or since our guys landed? Set up.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 12:56:27 PM »
The point of Fhenry going to the survivors camp in the first place may have been to bring back Locke. Actually that's what Fhenry himself says his purpose was. Whether or not he was lying or telling the truth, we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think Rousseau was working with Fhenry, because she told Sayid right off the bat that Fhenry was one of the Others. Not to mention that if he was working with Rousseau it would make sense to tell her to go and bring Locke back, not Sayid, the one person who has experience in torture and can easily tell when someone's lying.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 12:58:02 PM »
I might have entertained the idea that Rosseau and Fhenry were working together except for the fact that Rosseau stole Claire's baby and ran off. She didnt take it back to the others. The others obviously wanted that baby. Unless of course she hadnt been approached by the others at that time. There is also the possbility that Fhenry doesnt live on the island. In the dock scene in the season finale, FHenry came to meet the others on the dock. He wasnt already with them.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 01:00:32 PM »
Another thing I just remembered..After Rosseau cut Fhenry out of the net, he tried to run..Was this an act? What if they hadnt shot him? If he wanted to get back in the camp, I think he would have played scared but stayed. If they hadnt shot him, I dont think he would just stop and walk back..man, this guy is complex

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 01:03:17 PM »
Another thing I just remembered..After Rosseau cut Fhenry out of the net, he tried to run..Was this an act? What if they hadnt shot him? If he wanted to get back in the camp, I think he would have played scared but stayed. If they hadnt shot him, I dont think he would just stop and walk back..man, this guy is complex

Good point.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
Where does she get those dolls from? That is weird. I know I am purely speculating and got us off of Fenry's agenda. I just wanted to point out that he might of worked something out with her to get in the camp because of her dealing with Fenry and trying to get Alex back, she turned him over to the losties.

I started a thread on this yesterday? the day before?  It's all so fuzzy!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 11:10:48 AM »
I don't think Rousseau was working with Fhenry, because she told Sayid right off the bat that Fhenry was one of the Others. Not to mention that if he was working with Rousseau it would make sense to tell her to go and bring Locke back, not Sayid, the one person who has experience in torture and can easily tell when someone's lying.

Rousseau knows the others have Alex. She captures a main other person and just hands him over to sayid. WHy?? When she captured Sayid she held him prisoner and tortured him. Why not try that with Fenry? It would make more sense that she would keep Fenry to try to get Alex back. So it follows that she had a reason to turn Fenry over to sayid because she has a made a deal with him.

Offline Synchronicity

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »

Rousseau knows the others have Alex. She captures a main other person and just hands him over to sayid. WHy?? When she captured Sayid she held him prisoner and tortured him. Why not try that with Fenry? It would make more sense that she would keep Fenry to try to get Alex back. So it follows that she had a reason to turn Fenry over to sayid because she has a made a deal with him.

I agree, I don't think Rousseau is actively working with the Others.  It just doesn't feel right.  Her backstory has checked out pretty well so far, and her behavior has been consistently insane, so to speak.  I think she is, more or less, what she claims to be.  The Others are formidable on their own turf, but they might have decided she's just not worth the effort to hunt down and eliminate, or they may have some internally consistent reason for leaving her alone (just because she expressly has a negative few of them doesn't necessarily mean it's reciprocal.)  If "Alex" is indeed her daughter, she might have a lot of pull within the Others' organization, despite her youth.  In fact, it's kind of interesting that Alex seems to be getting along with her associates fairly well, despite having engineered Claire's escape, and they must surely realize she was involved in that.  Maybe she's got the clout to get away with something like that, and suffer nothing more than a tongue-lashing.  It could be that Alex has prevailed upon the Others to leave her mother alone, and Rousseau's obvious paranoia suggests that she might not know she has a special protected status. Fenry's capture might not have been as difficult as we suspect.  If he came to the island on that ferryboat, he could be equivalent to an off-site manager, rather than a skilled field operative, and might have underestimated the danger of running into Rousseau while en route to the Swan station.  Those baby-doll lures strongly suggest that Rousseau is primarily interested in trapping some of the Other children, or perhaps she insanely imagines that such a lure will attract her little Alex - it's the kind of thing a bereaved mother might do.  Fenry might have dismissed her as no threat to a fully-grown, strapping fourth-degree Mason, lambada dancer, and Jedi master such as himself, and found out he was wrong the hard way.  Voluntarily getting a crossbow bolt in the shoulder seems like an entirely unnecessary touch if he was faking his capture...