Author Topic: Kelvin is THE smoker???  (Read 2351 times)

Offline intimate rush

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Kelvin is THE smoker???
« on: May 30, 2006, 05:06:51 PM »
hi folks
first time post, i hope you like my idea.

Sledge mentions that there was a smoldering cigarette at the pearl station.
i think this belong to Kelvin.

as yet only Desmond know for sure if Kelvin is dead because he would have seen the body or lack of  body when he went back to the boat.

so i think Kelvin knew what was on the blast door map and went to hide the pearl station. from here he doesnt have to think about being the one to press the button, but he can keep an eye on what Desmond is up to, and if he IS pressing the button. plus because he didnt know what would have happened if the counter reached zero, the pearl station would shield him from a blast.
my only question is it seems that the pearl station was locked from the outside, so maybe there is another way inside.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin is THE smoker???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:16:47 PM »
My question would be, why didn't Kelvin just get on Desmond's boat, then, if he isn't dead? That was seemingly his goal before Desmond accidentally killed him. I'd imagine since Desmond is nowhere to be found and the boat is still there, that Kelvin would continue on with his original plan.

Offline validkeys

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »
That is an interesting idea. Even though he may not have died in the struggle with Desmond, I would assume that he was knocked out for a while and then had to tend to his wounds. Perhaps he didnt want to get off the Island. Perhaps he just wanted Desmond to leave. An interesting screencap to back this up would be back when they show Kelvin in Iraq...was he smoking there? Were they filtered or unfiltered cigarettes?

Offline intimate rush

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 05:29:21 PM »
ok how about Des runs off to press the button, and K wakes up withh all holy hell going on, ground shaking noices etc,
so he tries to find some shelter and come across a new hatch.
and the rest they say is . . . . . . . . .
season 3

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 05:42:14 PM »
my only question is it seems that the pearl station was locked from the outside, so maybe there is another way inside.
undeground tunnels

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 06:53:45 PM »
ok how about Des runs off to press the button, and K wakes up withh all holy hell going on, ground shaking noices etc,
so he tries to find some shelter and come across a new hatch.
and the rest they say is . . . . . . . . .
season 3
When Locke caused the button to not be pushed, though, none of the people away from the hatch felt the earth move or shake or even showed any evidence of knowing it was occurring. When they cut to the Others on the pier they were calm and normal, same with the people back at the survivors' camp on the beach. It wasn't until the bright flash of white and the deafening noise that anyone noticed anything different. I doubt Kelvin woke from being knocked out and felt a massive earthquake taking place...it seemed pretty centralized to the hatch.

If I had to speculate a scenario that has Kelvin still alive but NOT taking the boat, it would be that the Others found Kelvin and took him back with them. Of course if that happened, they would have seen Desmond's boat and taken it (or at least sunk it).

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
could possibily caught kelvin on his way back not near the stony area near the boat?

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »
Kelvin = Dead guy

IMHO

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 02:41:24 PM »
Hmmm. Conspiracy Theorists Unite! U have nothing to lose but your Sanity  :P

Anyway. I think Kelvin was an "Other" before he left the Swan station. I think he only needed some poor schmoe (Desmond) to continue to press the button so he could take off. I too think Kelvin was watching ole Des from the Pearl.

I think that it is also of interest to note that Kelvin didn't shave and made a point of ribbing Desmond about his shaving everyday. May fit in with the "Others" hillbilly schtick, or may not  :-\

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 02:32:23 PM »
I happened to watch the episode 'And Found...' this week and noticed that while the taillies and Michael/Jin/Sawyer were trekking back to our side of the island, there was some footage of them in the area that Kelvin was supposedly killed. It's quite distinctive landscape so I'm sure it was the same place. I worked out that it would have been after they got into the hatch and so after Desmond would have gone to get his boat but the most prominent thing was that there was no body at all... got me thinking anyway!

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 03:43:13 PM »
if kelvin didn't die from his injuries he probably would be too keen on travelling with a head injury or returning to desmond for seconds  unless he had an alternative route to the pearl not through the hatch where the plane was he went elsewhere the lack of definitive "hes dead" probably means he is alive?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 10:18:27 PM »
I forget what topic heading  they wereunder but Kelvin and where he went was he alive or not has been discussed on several other threads. We know formbalst door maps thta there was probably a tunnel entrance.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »
Ooohhhh, sorry, I should probably post that previous one in that thread as it would be more relevant - darn, I'm usually so organized! Fanx Geronimo!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 11:03:29 PM »
You are most welcomePLPLwe have three on kelvin right now.We ae alll getting confused.