Author Topic: Why did Oceanic 815 crash??  (Read 21630 times)

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why did Oceanic 815 crash??
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2006, 11:36:15 AM »
Tailies recap showed the plane crash and no smoke monster or any form of soft landing. Just crashed in the ocean. Still need an explanation on why so many survived. THere has to be reason other than luck.

Wrong sorry pal.  There was another crash when the tail section went down.  If you didn''t see it, watch it again.

Sano:  It's fine to be opinionated, but some of your posts are just downright rude.  If you actually reread jugdish's statement, he is the one who is technically right.  There was no crash on dry land for the tail section, I think you may be the one who needs to rewatch it.

I concur. I just watched it again last week, the tail section crashed into the ocean and a seat flew into the camera at the beginning. Ana Lucia woke up underwater. Eko was pulling people out of the water. No smoke monster visible.

Oh. Ditto on the rudeness thing too. U need to switch to decaf man.

Don't know about the other person, but I think as I posted before that there was another "something" that hit the water  in The Last 48.

Damn Amazon .... where's the S2 DVD?

cheers!

*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2006, 02:21:57 PM »
Tailies recap showed the plane crash and no smoke monster or any form of soft landing. Just crashed in the ocean. Still need an explanation on why so many survived. THere has to be reason other than luck.

Wrong sorry pal.  There was another crash when the tail section went down.  If you didn''t see it, watch it again.

Sano:  It's fine to be opinionated, but some of your posts are just downright rude.  If you actually reread jugdish's statement, he is the one who is technically right.  There was no crash on dry land for the tail section, I think you may be the one who needs to rewatch it.

I concur. I just watched it again last week, the tail section crashed into the ocean and a seat flew into the camera at the beginning. Ana Lucia woke up underwater. Eko was pulling people out of the water. No smoke monster visible.

Oh. Ditto on the rudeness thing too. U need to switch to decaf man.

Don't know about the other person, but I think as I posted before that there was another "something" that hit the water  in The Last 48.

Damn Amazon .... where's the S2 DVD?

cheers!

*Des8
Crash was repated last night in clip show, had three pieces,  firs t there was a cylinder lookig piece that landed iwater,then the tails ection itselflanding in ater.ten a smallpiece coming upon the beach.MY QUESTION IS WHERE WAS BERNARD SAILING THREW THE AIR IN HIS SEAYT PIECE HE WAS AWFULLLY DRY AND WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN BATHROOM
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 03:13:55 PM by Geronimo Jackson »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2006, 11:36:42 AM »
I have rewatched it many times and i have seen nothing except pieces of plane hitting the ocean. I wish I knew exactly what part people are talking about that was "something else". Could someone provide a screen cap on this. I watched it in hi def big screen at 1/16 speed and see nothing suspicious. But I am open to it if I could just find it.

And how does someone get stuck in a tree in a plane seat??

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2006, 07:13:23 AM »
I have rewatched it many times and i have seen nothing except pieces of plane hitting the ocean. I wish I knew exactly what part people are talking about that was "something else". Could someone provide a screen cap on this. I watched it in hi def big screen at 1/16 speed and see nothing suspicious. But I am open to it if I could just find it.

I'll look for the screencap, but the last foreign object to fly over the Island when the Tailies hit the water came from a different direction, and you heard the Monster sound.  It aired in The First 48, in the "reunion" show, and one other, I believe-but it was distinctive.  It wasn't at the exact same time our tail section came down, it was while Ana was already on the beach, I think MrEko was too, but the camera panned over to the ocean when you heard what we now know is the Monster sound.

cheers
*Des8

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2006, 01:08:51 PM »

Gettin stuck in the tree seemed very odd to me too, but I can't see him climbing up there and putting himself in the seat either.. hmm

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2006, 10:05:47 PM »

Gettin stuck in the tree seemed very odd to me too, but I can't see him climbing up there and putting himself in the seat either.. hmm
My question too a few posts down, didn't see it go flying by hmmmmm....... but how could they get him up in a tree so fast with a dead body?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2006, 10:07:01 PM »

I'll look for the screencap, but the last foreign object to fly over the Island when the Tailies hit the water came from a different direction, and you heard the Monster sound.  It aired in The First 48, in the "reunion" show, and one other, I believe-but it was distinctive.  It wasn't at the exact same time our tail section came down, it was while Ana was already on the beach, I think MrEko was too, but the camera panned over to the ocean when you heard what we now know is the Monster sound.

cheers
*Des8
Des is right but I thought I heard monster sound as plane was coming down.Very distinctive as the three pieces hit.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2006, 05:46:38 AM »
Remember, Kate and Sawyer found 2 dead peeps still in their seats in a freshwater spring with the Haliburton still intact under the seat... how do two peeps end up in their seats, clutching hands about 5 miles into the Island?  NO idea, but a babydoll was there in the water....

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2006, 02:17:41 PM »
Remember, Kate and Sawyer found 2 dead peeps still in their seats in a freshwater spring with the Haliburton still intact under the seat... how do two peeps end up in their seats, clutching hands about 5 miles into the Island?  NO idea, but a babydoll was there in the water....

cheers
*Des8

Interesting another baby doll.And one could  say impossible that they found the halburton case but we ahve to suspend disbeiff.

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »

cheers
*Des8

Interesting another baby doll.And one could  say impossible that they found the halburton case but we ahve to suspend disbeiff.
GJ: true re: the Halliburton.  I always wondered how that stayed intact underneath the feet of the two dead people clutching hands that landed in the fresh water spring (where we saw the babydoll)...very odd.

Also, Jack saw a babydoll when he found the fresh water by the caves that DrDrunk led him to, didn't he?  Or am I getting confused here?

cheers
*Des8

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2006, 03:00:59 AM »
NoI think he did maybe it was Danielle's stash?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »
Those baby dolls really creep me out.  I'm getting a Chuckie kind of feeling about them.   :o

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2006, 12:31:14 PM »
Yeah  never thought about ole Chuckie but they are creepy. :) :)

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 05:16:20 PM »
Right now it seems that Desmond not pushing the button is why Oceanic 815 crashed. The electronmagnet got too strong and 'pulled' the plane apart. I'm a little confused just how that could happen when comparing the two accounts of what happens when you don't push the button; 1. Desmond after he killed Kelvin, running back but able to reset the code, and 2. Locke's takeover of the button refusing to push it.

Would you agree that the effects of not pushing the button were worse with Locke than it was the first time with Desmond alone?  I think so on account of the metal bending in on the countdown clock and all the other damage. All the metal was being pulled toward that part of the hatch. In comparison, I didn't see this with the Desmond alone situation, yet Desmond's was the one that supposedly "pulled" 815 apart.  So then why, when the force was much stronger with Locke, simple things like metal around camp and the Other's guns (made of metal) weren't drawn to the hatch too???

How could one appear stronger and not attract small metal objects like guns and the one that is not as strong pulls a plane apart???

Maybe it has something to do with where and how the build up is released?

they will probably find a plane they crashed next season

Offline Kentoss

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2006, 08:17:45 PM »
A theory of mine could be that the actual threat lies else where, and that by releaseing the EMP from the Swan station, it stops the other threat on the island from acting as a large magnet, and when Desmond didn't release the EMP, the other threat got too powerful and started to get more magnetic. Or something, just a theory.