Author Topic: Why did Oceanic 815 crash??  (Read 19446 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Why did Oceanic 815 crash??
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »
I agree with Scrod the boundaries of staying with science fact by producers are being bent and twisted.

LovinLost

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »
Lovinlost, You have a nugget here that I had not thought of before:
And perhaps the only thing the EMF actually did was screw with the radar and other functions

What if that were true, and Desmond's accident only did that much, then the island's 'security system' went shooting up in the air and broke it up, then carried it to the surface.  If we believe the pictures of the black smoke blowing up the engine, this would be pretty plausible explanation.  That would also explain how a big ole slave ship was in the middle of the island, picked up and deposited there by the ancient and honorable black smokey guardian of the island.

Sounds a bit sarcastic to me... but luckily we can continue to express our thoughts via these threads and I sure appreciate the other views everyone has on these topics.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 05:00:01 PM »
Wehave no evidence tha the black smoke brought the plane down

LovinLost

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »
Wehave no evidence tha the black smoke brought the plane down

True!

scrod

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »
Lovinlost, You have a nugget here that I had not thought of before:
And perhaps the only thing the EMF actually did was screw with the radar and other functions

What if that were true, and Desmond's accident only did that much, then the island's 'security system' went shooting up in the air and broke it up, then carried it to the surface.  If we believe the pictures of the black smoke blowing up the engine, this would be pretty plausible explanation.  That would also explain how a big ole slave ship was in the middle of the island, picked up and deposited there by the ancient and honorable black smokey guardian of the island.

Sounds a bit sarcastic to me... but luckily we can continue to express our thoughts via these threads and I sure appreciate the other views everyone has on these topics.

Sorry, sarcasm is my normal tone.  I try to use [sarcasm] tags when I really am being sarcastic.  I can't think of another plausible reason for a plane to break into pieces and fall from the sky, yet have at least 20% of the travelers survive - some of them apparently thrown clear of the actual wreckage.  It would certainly involve some type of a 'gentle landing.'

I mean, I am all for the 'voluntary suspension of disbelief' that is involved in watching a fictional TV show, but there are some basic laws of physics to contend with here.

PS - lovinlost, you are posting all over - why not register?

Offline west tower6580

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2006, 01:08:53 AM »
The flux capacitor would have to be really huge, I agree on that. The NNEMP would more than likely have to be channeled by a dish or tower array. The military has been working on this for years as a low cost replacement to thermonuclear arms. the EPFCG or Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator is a pulsed power supply energy from an explosion. EPFCG's are popular as power sources for electronics warfare devices known as " transient electromagnetic devices " that generate an electromagnetic pulse without the costs and side effects of a nuclear weapon, a form of cyber warfare. This might fall into line with the research of the swan station since Alvar Hanso was at one time in arms development. As far as the plane coming apart in midair I'm drawing blanks on that; as well as the people surviving the fall from their cruising altitude.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2006, 10:40:50 AM »
As far as the plane coming apart in midair I'm drawing blanks on that; as well as the people surviving the fall from their cruising altitude.

This is what is really bothering me. I have no answer to this except maybe the reversal of the magnetic force slowed the crash. (when desmond finally pushed it late) THis is not a great theory either. I just don't like the idea that a smoke monster or what ever it is brought the plane down gently. Maybe it is the reason, I just hope it is a better explanation.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 03:02:03 PM »
As far as the plane coming apart in midair I'm drawing blanks on that; as well as the people surviving the fall from their cruising altitude.

This is what is really bothering me. I have no answer to this except maybe the reversal of the magnetic force slowed the crash. (when desmond finally pushed it late) THis is not a great theory either. I just don't like the idea that a smoke monster or what ever it is brought the plane down gently. Maybe it is the reason, I just hope it is a better explanation.
I think the Des not pushing button carries more weight at this point in time. Could be something else  but not the island.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 09:53:59 PM »
Tailies recap showed the plane crash and no smoke monster or any form of soft landing. Just crashed in the ocean. Still need an explanation on why so many survived. THere has to be reason other than luck.

Offline SanoRiley

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 10:02:10 AM »
Tailies recap showed the plane crash and no smoke monster or any form of soft landing. Just crashed in the ocean. Still need an explanation on why so many survived. THere has to be reason other than luck.

Wrong sorry pal.  There was another crash when the tail section went down.  If you didn''t see it, watch it again.

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2006, 04:49:23 PM »

Wrong sorry pal.  There was another crash when the tail section went down.  If you didn''t see it, watch it again.

Sano:  It's fine to be opinionated, but some of your posts are just downright rude.  If you actually reread jugdish's statement, he is the one who is technically right.  There was no crash on dry land for the tail section, I think you may be the one who needs to rewatch it.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »

Sano:  It's fine to be opinionated, but some of your posts are just downright rude.  If you actually reread jugdish's statement, he is the one who is technically right.  There was no crash on dry land for the tail section, I think you may be the one who needs to rewatch it.

I concur. I just watched it again last week, the tail section crashed into the ocean and a seat flew into the camera at the beginning. Ana Lucia woke up underwater. Eko was pulling people out of the water. No smoke monster visible.

Oh. Ditto on the rudeness thing too. U need to switch to decaf man.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2006, 05:26:37 PM »
Getem Goober!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2006, 05:42:18 PM »
way to goober

Offline SanoRiley

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

LOL re: decaf

I concur. I just watched it again last week, the tail section crashed into the ocean and a seat flew into the camera at the beginning. Ana Lucia woke up underwater. Eko was pulling people out of the water. No smoke monster visible.

Oh. Ditto on the rudeness thing too. U need to switch to decaf man.