Author Topic: Anyone think Kelvin may still be alive?  (Read 82548 times)

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone think Kelvin may still be alive?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »

IS there anything else more gratifying?  :)

I dunno, I think he would have been a little happier with a Mrs. Desmond in there with him... a Penny type.  LOL.  Kelvin doesn't look like much of a cuddler.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 10:06:29 PM »
Yeah a hot woman to spend the time with  maybe Kate.

If he plays his music like I do, he wouldn't of heard a thing.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »

IS there anything else more gratifying?  :)

I dunno, I think he would have been a little happier with a Mrs. Desmond in there with him... a Penny type.  LOL.  Kelvin doesn't look like much of a cuddler.

A Penny saved, is a Penny earned ;) 

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 01:46:41 AM »
Um, just noticed something from someone else's post:

"DESMOND: It was 3 years ago. I was on a solo race around the world, and my boat crashed into the reef, and then Kelvin came.

LOCKE: Kelvin?

DESMOND: Kelvin -- he comes running out of the jungle -- hurry, hurry, come with me. He brings me down here. The first thing he does -- because there's beeping already -- he types in the code, he pushes the button, and it stops. What was all that about, I say. Just saving the world, he says."

According to Desmond's initial story, Kelvin comes "running out of the jungle" and says "hurry, hurry, come with me"...pretty much sounds like Desmond has his wits about him and can actually follow Kelvin back to the hatch, doesn't it?

Yet according to the flashback, Desmond was barely coherent and was dragged back to the hatch after washing up injured on the beach.

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 04:37:29 AM »

"DESMOND: It was 3 years ago. I was on a solo race around the world, and my boat crashed into the reef, and then Kelvin came.

DESMOND: Kelvin -- he comes running out of the jungle -- hurry, hurry, come with me. He brings me down here. The first thing he does -- because there's beeping already -- he types in the code, he pushes the button, and it stops. What was all that about, I say. Just saving the world, he says."

According to Desmond's initial story, Kelvin comes "running out of the jungle" and says "hurry, hurry, come with me"...pretty much sounds like Desmond has his wits about him and can actually follow Kelvin back to the hatch, doesn't it?

Yet according to the flashback, Desmond was barely coherent and was dragged back to the hatch after washing up injured on the beach.

very nice catch

Offline Bones

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 08:17:18 AM »

very nice catch

Yeah I noticed this before.  Remember the context...Desmond is trying to tell the story so jack will stop pointing his gun at the floor and let Desmond try to fix the computer.  He's being very brief so that he can start fixing it.

That's the deal.

BlackrockBob

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 08:47:41 AM »
I have thought about the two stories of how Desmond meets Kelvin.
Would you tell strangers about your boat? I think Desmond sees this as a way out, and just makes up the story.

I don't think anyone died in the hatch (Des, Locke, Eko). Was there a large explosion? I don't remember one except Eko's dynamite earlier. The loud notice and lights, then the hatch door flying down.
Someone on another thread said that it could have been a reverse magnetism field. I think the key just destroyed Dharma's experiment. Everything went back to the way it was before. No buildup that needed discharging.

I also think Kelvin COULD be alive. On this show, unless you see them bury someone, I don't think it is safe to say they are dead. You have to remember Kelvin was a CIA op. He could have been playing Des.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 10:38:31 AM »

Not to mention, how many writers are there, and now how many episodes are there?  Were going to see more and more issues with continuity simply because of the stories that have already been told, are being wahsed out by new ideas and future plans.  We expect too much of them measly human beings that bring this show to us.  We need to suspend our disbeleif sometimes.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 12:36:43 PM »
I expect nothing but the greatest mystery to continue to be written at the highest level with no mistakes and everything meaning something terribly important.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »
Kelvin is dead 
nuff said
 ;D
 ;D
 ;D

Offline Bones

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 12:41:18 PM »
I expect nothing but the greatest mystery to continue to be written at the highest level with no mistakes and everything meaning something terribly important.

I also have the expectation that all is infinitely important.  I assume that God Himself wrote this.  If not I'll cry a lot and be really "put out."

Offline OLLY-wood

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »

I also have the expectation that all is infinitely important.  I assume that God Himself wrote this.  If not I'll cry a lot and be really "put out."

put out or get out... but i do think he might still be alive

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

very nice catch

Yeah I noticed this before.  Remember the context...Desmond is trying to tell the story so jack will stop pointing his gun at the floor and let Desmond try to fix the computer.  He's being very brief so that he can start fixing it.

That's the deal.

Doesn't make any sense...If Desmond's wanting to be "very brief" why add dialogue to his story that never took place? ("Hurry hurry...come with me"). And does it really take that much longer to say "I was in a terrible storm...next thing I knew I woke up here in this hatch"? Of course not.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »
I have thought about the two stories of how Desmond meets Kelvin.
Would you tell strangers about your boat? I think Desmond sees this as a way out, and just makes up the story.
This doesn't make any sense, either. Why would saying "I washed up on the beach and Kelvin brought me back here" require Desmond to tell anyone about his boat? In fact, that story is even better at concealing his boat because it assumes that the boat sank somewhere...he washed up on the beach without it.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

Not to mention, how many writers are there, and now how many episodes are there?  Were going to see more and more issues with continuity simply because of the stories that have already been told, are being wahsed out by new ideas and future plans.  We expect too much of them measly human beings that bring this show to us.  We need to suspend our disbeleif sometimes.

A continuity f*ck up definitely makes the most sense lol  :D