Author Topic: micheal illness on arm  (Read 3652 times)

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
micheal illness on arm
« on: May 29, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »
hey did anyone else notice the strange marks on micheals arm for about 2 seconds when jack is asking what hes doing and he says collecting firewood (just after hurley refuses the nutri bar from sawyer)

the disease that is mentioned every now and then??

tell me what you think anyone

Offline lost_mad

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: micheal illness on arm
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »
i think the 'quarrentine' and 'disease' is all just there to make them scared, it isn't anyhtink just made up and the vaccine is just nothink aswell.Cause you saw in ep 15 the thing eathen injected into claire just drugged her and in ep 23 with kelvin when desmond followed him her took off the cloths that were supose to pretect him from this 'virus'!

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »
yeah but why did the dannielle r did kill all her friends because of the sickness and besides what is it on micheals arm?? nothing just like the button was a mind game?

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »
Could you describe in more detail what you are referring to? I've had a look at a few screencaps on lostmedia.com and I can't see anything...? Let me know if you want me to post them. They are a bit dark so it's hard to see...

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »
ok purpleprincess its at around 28 minutes in ep 23 swayer offers hurley a nutri bar hes says no then sawyer says your serious? then as the next shot pans in of micheal you see his arm between shadows and there is a definete mark like a burn or graze when it pans up to his face he looks worried as if he is looking at it if you could screencap that would be good dont know how to do that? what do you think is it important or just an injury we haven't noticed

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 03:13:15 PM »
Yes whe he is off by himself in the clump of trees just before Jack comes up to him.I missed it the first time I watched it, but caught it the second time around like a lot of other stuff(Kate blinking her eyes so slowly at end for an example.). I don't think he has the sickness the Hatch was suppose to stop,he mayahave contracted something when with the Others.
As or Rosseau maybe she has the sickness and no on else in her party did.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »
Well, I found these, have a look and see what you think. I don't think they have captured what you were after but if it was a split second it could have been missed...

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »
a bit earlier as soon as it cuts from hurley and sawyer

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 04:06:02 PM »
Good try PLP good effort there. Mayeb Sledge na dothem.I'm hoping he does a screen cap on theOthers feet on the landing to see if that one photo that showed up was docotored or not.  The scene is jsut before jack arrives.Michael is looking down at his arm and rubbing it.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 04:11:09 PM »
Try this, it's the first and second screenshot as soon as it cuts from Hurley... Sledge may be able to do a better job. I'll have a look Geronimo for that one too...

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 04:19:14 PM »
This is the only one I could find with feet on it but it's a bit out of focus. Then there's another one of Michael but it must be a second or so after he rubs his arm. Interestingly, it's got a close shot of the tazer things they are holding (relevant to a different thread). Sorry guys that I couldn't get what you were after...

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 04:25:52 PM »
i have a pic of saved to my computer this it in the attachment see what you think

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 04:33:49 PM »
Well done, that was beginning to bug me! There's definitely a gash of some sort there, not sure where it would have come from?

Observation: if you scroll down the page, Michael's sling is filthy dirty in the scene with Jack in the jungle but then when he's on the pier, it's white as white!? Could be a lighting thing but still, it's very different.

Offline davf0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »
i  wonder if it is actually a important detail or just a little injury that hes sustained at point be interesting to look back through the previous few episodes if anyone has time i definetly dont remember at what point he got it? in the pier shot it looks more clean but that might just be a small difference in the make up as all these scenes would have been filmed on different days presumably

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 03:16:42 AM »
He  didn't appear to have  it when he came into the Hatch Jack would have treated it with something,it lookednew he appeared very surprised troubled by it.