Author Topic: Kelvins must work for dharma (as an insider)  (Read 5990 times)

scrod

Re: Kelvins must work for dharma (as an insider)
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
Kelvin worked for Dharma, I guess the question is how much did he learn from 'legitimate' means and how much did he learn from snooping around?  Certainly the Pearl hatch was a good hike away, as was the staff.  There would likely be some way to have pre-knowledge of other hatches, woudl be very difficult (dangerous) to wander aimlessly just looking to see what is out there. 

If he was that good a spook and had time on his hands, perhaps he knew even more about where the hostiles went and what they did than was put on the map.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 01:38:03 AM »
But it was Radinsky as far as we know who did most of the exploring, mapping.Kelvin pickd up the mantle so to speak.pearlwasn'ttaht far , twas the Arrow that was the farthest. But he did know  a lot more than he ever told Desmond.I am in the he's dead group,but would love to know his back story.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 02:11:19 AM »
Ths one of three topics on Kelvin hence confusion on topic title, I think.
Okay Demra, Kelvin also told Desmond -the only thing he really told him- was about the fail safe key. So Kelvin  did believe that much.But by his to me Kelvin had no more use of as he put it the almighty  Dharma.
But as for Radinsky, maybe  he also figured out there was nothing wrong with the island and went exploring while Kelvin pushed the button. Maybe he told Kelvin everything he learned.
Or after awhile they took turns exploring the island.
 But what still puzzles me with Radinsky and Kelvin both there,why on  blast door map does it say only 108 minutes to get to Arrow Hatch. It implies one can't make it there and back. But what if some one else is there to push the button?
Was there a time before Kelvin arrived? OR was it a warning for whomever went to the Arrow hatch, they would have to get back in time before the 108 mintues were up,or did they know someone was  there to push it?

If it takes 108 min to get to the arrow ther would have to be someone at the hatch to push the button  and it was probably a warning to anyone who would try it alone that it could  not be done  alone

there are a umber of reasons that Radzinsky could have gotten corious abot the rest of the island  maybe he found the camears  or ripped his suit while outside or even captured a hostile

and we still can't be sure just how much Kelvin really told Desmond  remember our losties don't share info very freely  maybe no one has asked the right questions yet

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 12:07:37 AM »
Pure boredom would make one curious of the island.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
guess they aren't bored enough yet