Author Topic: Kelvins must work for dharma (as an insider)  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvins must work for dharma
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 09:24:16 PM »
Sawyer never pushed the buttons.kate did I thin konce but wouldn't swear by it. Whay not take Sayid he's a troublemaker or .....would he recognize Kelvin.....and howwould they know that?

LovinLost

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 07:52:57 PM »
It is obvious by Kelvin's statement that after he left the miltary he joined the Dharma Project, so we can assume he was working for Dharma.  His comment about the Others being "hostiles" may indicate (1) that the Others are NOT of part of the Dharma project or (2) they are a totally separate group of people we do not even know about yet or (3) the Others are now called Hostiles because they once worked for Dharma but after the incident turned against the program and now believe themselves to be the good guys trying to save everyone else from the horrendous results of the Dharma experiments/incident. 

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 08:16:18 PM »
It is obvious by Kelvin's statement that after he left the miltary he joined the Dharma Project, so we can assume he was working for Dharma.  His comment about the Others being "hostiles" may indicate (1) that the Others are NOT of part of the Dharma project or (2) they are a totally separate group of people we do not even know about yet or (3) the Others are now called Hostiles because they once worked for Dharma but after the incident turned against the program and now believe themselves to be the good guys trying to save everyone else from the horrendous results of the Dharma experiments/incident. 

YES! I still stick by my hypothesis that the "Others" were once Dharma-ites that defected or broke off from the original group. However, there do not appear to be any "Bad-Guys" left on the island.... Hmmm. I guess that Kelvin was the only one left and needed to be replaced, so Desmond was "sent" (or got "sucked in"). Perchance that is why the 815 survivors were brought onto the Island in the first place. To replace Desmond. Desmond had been at it for a bit over Three years. Anybody know how long Kelvin was at it by himself?   :-\

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »
Almost 44 days, season one ended at 44 days. Season two total for both season was 63 days.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 10:33:26 PM »
Any way we can mere this topicon kelvin with the other two on him, kelvin the smoker and I think third one was called Is kelvins still alive as all same themes.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 12:24:10 PM »

you forgot one that makes total sense Dharma just told Kelvin that the other people were hostile so he would not explore to much around the island

loud POP as your baloon bursts

Offline Zeke

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »
Kelvin maybe working for dharma (in which the others are part of, stay with me i have a theory) and part of what the experiment is to see what a complete stranger (desmond) does when put on the spot. So, along comes desmond (the perfect guinea pig for dhamra). Kelvin is told to firstly tell Desmond the fate of the world is in his hands (pushing the button), secondly tell Desmond there are "hostiles" on the island (put some fear into him...hostiles are the scientists of dharma IMHO) then make him find out theres a boat on the island (i think kelvins dead from this but he wasnt meant to). Now dhamra have a perfect experiment, does desmond a) stay there pushing the button every 108 minutes, b) try and get help from sed "hostiles" or c) run and hope kelvin was bluffing.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »
Kelvin maybe working for dharma (in which the others are part of, stay with me i have a theory) and part of what the experiment is to see what a complete stranger (desmond) does when put on the spot. So, along comes desmond (the perfect guinea pig for dhamra). Kelvin is told to firstly tell Desmond the fate of the world is in his hands (pushing the button), secondly tell Desmond there are "hostiles" on the island (put some fear into him...hostiles are the scientists of dharma IMHO) then make him find out theres a boat on the island (i think kelvins dead from this but he wasnt meant to). Now dhamra have a perfect experiment, does desmond a) stay there pushing the button every 108 minutes, b) try and get help from sed "hostiles" or c) run and hope kelvin was bluffing.

And since he is trying to regain his honor and get back Penny... OF COURSE he is going to save the world and keep pushing the button... because he needs to a) save the world so he can get back Penny, and b) come back a healed man who regained his honor.   Its the ulimate catch 22, and after what he is been through his conviction is the button.   NOW were they setting him up specifically?  Because if this theory is true and I like it... he is not a very good control group becuase of his deperation and love leading him.   Take someone else, like Charlie... put the button and the heroine on the island and eventually he will probably get all DarthCharlie F the button and take the H... so really they got the cream off the top when they found Desmond... BUT then again he did run once he thought the computer was broken.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 10:58:42 AM »
Because if you don't push the button bad sht happens.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »
DarthCharlie
yes Amazon Monkey :) :) another Darth Vader charlie believer.

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 12:13:50 PM »
Ok first  off i still think Kelvin is dead  that being said
He did say he was working for Dharma so lets just take that as fact for this post 

ok  now   he is told when he is first posted to the Swan that the Island is infected so he need to wear the suit and that there are hostiles  ( native's ?  , would help explain the costumes ) so he believes what he is told  then starts to slowly learn the truth from Radzinsky and by the time Desmond shows up he just wants off the island but still believes that the button does need to be pushed so he trains Desmond  keeping up the original lies about the Hostiles and the Infection to aid him in keeping Des in the hatch so he can fix the boat and get off the island   
then Des spots the rip in the suit and follows Kelvin confronts him and bop's his head accidently on the rocks and kills him

so to sum up it flows in makes sence and it follows the evidence we have with only a few assumptions

ok  Bash away  ;D

scrod

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »
So I guess we need to step further back and ask - How did Radzinski get to know so much?  What made him curious about finding other installation?

Otherwise, I can't disagree with anything you wrote. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:12:09 PM by scrod »

Offline demra

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 05:18:26 PM »
scrod my friend  i think you have made a good point  What did make Radzinsky curious about the rest of the island

Offline Pandora

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 06:34:27 PM »
The title of this thread always confused me.  :)  Kelvin very clearly works for DHARMA, he even said so in Desmond's flashback, and that's why he knows the snowman password, and wears a DHARMA jumpsuit.

After reading it, I think what is meant is that "Kelvin must be a DHARMA insider who knows more than he's saying" or "Kelvin is in league with the Others"?  In other words, that he was more than just a lowly button pusher who didn't know anything about the big picture, as he claimed to Desmond.  Going to just edit the title, ok. :)  Zeke, if I'm misinterpreting your meaning, just let me know, ok...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 06:36:41 PM by PandoraX »

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvins must work for dharma (as an insider)
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:38 PM »
Ths one of three topics on Kelvin hence confusion on topic title, I think.
Okay Demra, Kelvin also told Desmond -the only thing he really told him- was about the fail safe key. So Kelvin  did believe that much.But by his to me Kelvin had no more use of as he put it the almighty  Dharma.
But as for Radinsky, maybe  he also figured out there was nothing wrong with the island and went exploring while Kelvin pushed the button. Maybe he told Kelvin everything he learned.
Or after awhile they took turns exploring the island.
 But what still puzzles me with Radinsky and Kelvin both there,why on  blast door map does it say only 108 minutes to get to Arrow Hatch. It implies one can't make it there and back. But what if some one else is there to push the button?
Was there a time before Kelvin arrived? OR was it a warning for whomever went to the Arrow hatch, they would have to get back in time before the 108 mintues were up,or did they know someone was  there to push it?